Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

Thanks Bro! I had to get all under and inside the net. Felt like a plumber getting under the sink! :laughing: I used a regular hand sprayer and tried to just get leaves. Mostly have cut off all of the back branches on that plant anyway at this point, so there isnā€™t too much left to hide. Unfortunately, I probably waited too long to mist with water after (maybe 30 to 45 mins). Guess we shall find out.

Dad said something today that Iā€™m thinking about nowā€¦ He mentioned seeing pros literally using alkaline water and spraying down plants then going over them with balanced water for fungus. What are your thoughts on this? Wonder if it would be good routine maintenance throughout the season?

Yeah I have heard of this ā€¦ there is a machine they have that raises the alkalinity of the water then they go back and spray with a balanced water afterā€¦ Iā€™ll try and find the video where the one farmer explains it.

4 Likes

Also, you guys! I forgot to mention another reason for trying to save the OG Skunk plant. Iā€™ve now tested out the premature bud of some of the branches that I removed and am stoned out of my mind. The early test of this strain has a stoned stupid high. Very introspective, but on the creative side not the focus inward gloom and doom side if you know what I mean. Also a happy high. Silly and stupid. Uplifting as all get out. I can only imagine if the plant gets to finish. Oh yeah and super stinky, sticky with old school skunky flavor. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

I think itā€™s this vidā€¦

5 Likes

That is 100% browser issue. I wasnā€™t able to replicate bug you are describing. Are you able to check with another browser. What browser and version you are using?

As guys suggested before it is best to try restart browser, restart computer, try in private session (called incognito session in Chrome) because that clears all cookies.

Sometimes Mozilla Firefox does what you are describing (text is there but not visible because font is not rendered properly) on some sites probably when it runs out of memoryā€¦

Meesh is in supporters group so in his profile there is link to supporters listā€¦

3 Likes

Not in the profile. Itā€™s the sub title under her name that is a url ā€¦
Ohhhh I see and yours is a url to team OG, i must start smoking pot again.

2 Likes

I see what you mean now. That is correct. If user is member of particular user group (Supporters, Team OG, etc.) and has it set ā€œas a primary user groupā€ then user title next to username in posts is linked to this usergroup page.

I can turn that off for particular user by not setting him any primary user groupā€¦ Just let me know in PMā€¦

3 Likes

Hereā€™s some info on Trichoderma

Benefits of Trichoderma
Disease Control: Trichoderma is a potent biocontrol agent and used extensively for soil born diseases. It has been used successfully against pathogenic fungi belonging to various genera, viz. Fusarium, Phytopthara, Scelerotia etc.

Plant Growth Promoter: Trichoderma strains solubilize phosphates and micronutrients. The application of Trichoderma strains with plants increases the number of deep roots, thereby increasing the plantā€™s ability to resist drought.

Biochemical Elicitors of Disease: Trichoderma strains are known to induce resistance in plants. Three classes of compounds that are produced by Trichoderma and induce resistance in plants are now known. These compounds induce ethylene production, hypersensitive responses and other defense related reactions in plant cultivars.

Transgenic Plants: Introduction of endochitinase gene from Trichoderma into plants such as tobacco and potato plants has increased their resistance to fungal growth. Selected transgenic lines are highly tolerant to foliar pathogens such as Alternaria alternata, A. solani, and Botrytis cirerea as well as to the soil-borne pathogen, Rhizectonia spp.

Bioremediation: Trichoderma strains play an important role in the bioremediation of soil that are contaminated with pesticides and herbicides. They have the ability to degrade a wide range of insecticides: organochlorines, organophosphates and carbonates.

Biocontrol mechanisms of Trichoderma:
The Trichoderma may suppress the growth of the pathogen population in the rhizosphere through competition and thus reduce disease development. It produces antibiotics and toxins such as trichothecin and a sesquiterpine, Trichodermin, which have a direct effect on other organisms. The antagonist (Trichoderma) hyphae either grow along the host hyphae or coil around it and secrete different lytic enzymes such as chitinase, glucanase and pectinase that are involved in the process of mycoparasitism. Examples of such interactions are T. harzianum acting against Fusarium oxyporum, F. roseum, F. solani, Phytophthara colocaciae and Sclerotium rolfsii. In addition, Trichoderma Enhances yield along with quality of produce. Boost germination rate. Increase in shoot & Root length Solubilizing various insoluble forms of Phosphates Augment Nitrogen fixing. Promote healthy growth in early stages of crop. Increase Dry matter Production substantially. Provide natural long term immunity to crops and soil.

7 Likes

Things looking good my thread on garden potions and elixirs has been bumped recently thereā€™s some easy PM/ fungus rid recipes on their that you might have lying around the house .

5 Likes

Wondering if a ph up mixed in water sprayed on plants would work ? It should Iā€™d think ,thoughts?

3 Likes

It may just work ā€¦ I think if the levels are raised enough, may justā€¦?

3 Likes

Damn @Meesh, I didnā€™t know you had a weed thread. I was on your other thread, always wondering why you never showed your cannabis plants that you mentioned. Iā€™m thinking to myself, 'poor thing, the plants must be so bad that she doesnā€™t want us to see them".:joy_cat:

I love your ā€œurban forestā€! Iā€™m really mad at myself now for not getting mine in the ground. I had one last year that was the size of yours. Nothing at all this year.

Nice work! Iā€™m locked in over here now. peace

9 Likes

The main ingredients are potassium carbonate and potassium silicate, so it should work just fineā€¦ :wink:

6 Likes

I have read Zinnias are a PM magnet!

Anyways, if youā€™re wondering about future prevention practices, look into sulfur based fungicides during veg and early flower if youā€™re looking for an easy solution. Can buy it raw at most grow shops and make your own, or just buy the pre mixed bottles of Safers Defender. They stink thoughā€¦

2 Likes

I agree zinnias are the worst for PM!

2 Likes

What a wonderful smoke report! I felt like I was there and I could smell the skunk. Thanks my friendā€¦

:cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

:computer: Well arenā€™t you special, Ms Browser McWTFā€¦ :nerd:

:joy_cat:

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face:

7 Likes

Hahaha! OMG Goofball! Couldā€™ve sworn I linked my grow thread over there! And Iā€™ll post even my ugly plants and grows! lol
Did you find my video on here? Somewhere around 950ish you can see the forest tour. Anyway, glad you are here now!

6 Likes

Hahaha! Iā€™ll tell ya, youā€™ll smoke it and suddenly you get these great ideas as if you can build a spaceship out of household appliances, but then wander aimlessly through the house looking for your glasses that are on top of your head. :grinning:

14 Likes