Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

Lmao yeah we seen what happens when you play with spiders :joy::joy::laughing:ā€¦ lavender is a good one!! Iā€™ll check what the official name of my wormwood is, but know itā€™s a Californian something ā€¦ so you may be in luck finding it out thereā€¦
As for your coming conditions, it doesnt sound too appealing to them pesky spider mites

2 Likes

They donā€™t play nice Fuckers. Itā€™s a full moon here on Friday the 13th. Been keeping my eye out. Sorta have a problem with this one particular black cat too. He calls himself Sonny Boy. :joy_cat:

2 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m OCD and superstitious too :sweat_smile::joy:

I have so much fade on the Kushage. Handfuls and handfuls of yellow leaves every time I walk out there. How many weeks before bud is ready do they usually start fading this much? Is it all strains that do this or just some? Anyone know? It just really started after the plant almost ripped out of the ground so Iā€™m slightly worried, even though the bud looks fine.

Edit: Iā€™ve also been told that if you grow a photo period plant here in So Calā€¦ It will grow like an auto bud fast with a much smaller yield. I wonā€™t need anymore weed in the winter, but I may just have to test that theory as an experiment.

1 Like

The yellowing of the leaves is just the plant stealing and using the stored energy to put towards bud production.
LIFTAā€¦

2 Likes

I get that, but these plants are in the ground, how come they arenā€™t still using the nutrients in the soil?

Is it simply because it is acting like an annual plant and basically killing itself off?

3 Likes

Just because I am watching this right nowā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m not actually defoliating, Kushage is doing it herself Who is this guy? He has yellow plants and no teeth. Billy Joe Bob from West Virginia. probably has a raised truck filled with guns.

6 Likes

He actually talks about the plant doing thatā€¦

1 Like

Note: Strawberry Diesels started budding approx 12 hrs 30 mins of sunlight

3 Likes

Iā€™ve found the plants in the ground generally put on some purple as the season winds down and things start cooling off at night, but not much yellow till maybe the last 2 weeks if anything. I would put the yellowing of your Kushage down to stress from it tipping itself up if itā€™s still got some time to go, but then again a pic would help better this opinion lol

5 Likes

Yeah, good point. Itā€™s dark now. Iā€™ll get a pic tmw. Most of them have been budding since beginning of August. The Good Shit was actually budding end of July. Most strains take approx 60 in flower, give or take, right? I tend to think the Kushage had a lot of stress from that incident. Is there any ā€œvitaminsā€ you would give her for stress at this point or just LITFA?

1 Like

Oh and @Sunvalley is it common for the bud leaf trichs to be amber while the bud is still clear? Wondering if the BT or the Potassium bicarb did that on my Good Shit?

1 Like

No clue who he is or what he knows, YouTube just auto played it after it finished the video I was listening to while I mixed up a batch of water for the girlsā€¦

Linked it just because it was a video that was sort of in regards to what you talking aboutā€¦

1 Like

Derrick Butts is a good guy. Cancer patient. Self medicating with cannabis. YouTube channel that may have been shut down. This is not one of his better vids.

2 Likes

My plants always start yellowing of the sugar / fan leaf about a month after the start of flower they finished there job veg has stopped or slowed and its flower time if the buds are still green no problem . Saves some pruning my Hades OG loves heavy leafing lets the sun in and the buds get fat and tight . Sometimes I prune all the leaf with great results .

4 Likes

Not too sure about the leaf trichs but it could probably brown the pistols of the flower. Looking at your time line of when the plants started flowering I wouldnā€™t do anything to them now ā€¦ just let them finish out as they are. Let the kushage work out its stress naturally

6 Likes

@Meesh I have the same stuff going on with mine. Itā€™s annoying & normalā€¦ I call them the ā€˜lemon leavesā€™ as in ā€˜lemon carā€™ or junk :joy: and they usually fall off on their own but some strains seem fiercely retentive & just wonā€™t give them up without ripping a thread off the stemā€™s outside. My DurbanxRCB loses them like dandruff but the F13SSHxSJBB(haha) from @Ftlob is like industrial :muscle: hemp & only gives up a leaf here & there without a fight.

It sure is tempting to ā€œalleviateā€ what seems like a stress or a N deficiency/overwatering but that seems to be a mistake IME. When Iā€™ve supplemented 10-30-30 orchid fert. in bloom it just hastens the drop it seems. :thinking: Then againā€¦ that is a shitload of P/Kā€¦

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

I just switched to 4-26-26 Grow More another experiment in years past I used the 16-16-16- formula start to finish . Another grower swears buy this time will tell .

2 Likes

Iā€™ve experienced this myself and I feel that if I give a little tug and it doesnā€™t succumb leave it.
Like a spot as a teenager if itā€™s not ripe gonna cause problems forcing it? Strain depent id say? Just another dial in to understand what makes your kids happier?

1 Like