Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

Also, Dad and I used @Jetdro method for washing all of the OG buds before trimming. They came out awesome! So clean, still sticky frosty, no browning or burning in any way and as a bonus washing the bud made all the brown caterpillar spit soft and what didn’t come off in the wash was easily removed while the bud bowl trimmer did it’s magic. Have I mentioned that the trimmer saved us HOURS of trimming! YES! Best purchase ever!

9 Likes

I washed some today myself…lemon juice and baking soda, cold water other…look how nasty the “wash” is

8 Likes

Note to Self: Blue Dream Autos Day 56

2 Likes

Smoking some of the autos I grew this summer and I have to say the high is certainly there, but every single one is low on flavor. It really bums me out. What is the trick to get flavor in container grows? Do I need to push them hardcore with nutes, like to the brink? So far, I’ve tried both organically and chemically and even my premature plants that are in the ground taste 100 times better. What am I doing wrong? Seriously? Just can’t figure it out! Is it the strains? I know with the blue dream it is. I’ve had professionally grown many times and it tastes like mine. It is just a low flavor, low smell strain imho… The Candy Dawg and Co Cookies have flavor like Jack Herer or something. Can’t quite explain them, not fruity, skunky, or fuel like…kinda like 80’s mid-grade weed that someone grew out from a mexican brickweed seed. Almost tobacco like finish, I guess

5 Likes

Is there a chance you were feeding them a little too much? I feel like I’ve done that. I’m experimenting more with growing with much less and watching the plant closer to read what she says. I really believe I was going a little heavy on nutes when I first got back into growing. Even though it’s all organic, it was still too much.

I’m saying all of this even though I’ve only done autos once.

5 Likes

I’m a super light feeder. Almost wondering if that is the problem, actually. Maybe I needed some extra cal-mag? Calcium does mean flavor in veggies and fruits.

This leads me to another question… What is bud considered as far as being an annual plant? Like a flower, a vegetable, a fruit etc…? It’s gotta fall into some category in the larger plant world

5 Likes

all I know is that it is a cousin to Hops (humulus lupulus). It’s a crop… fruit if I had to guess.

Good supplies of phosphorus and potash should boost your terps… other additives are supposed to support more bud development… Silica is supposed to be good… probably through the life of the plant, but I’m not sure it would help short term.

Bat guano is famous for producing more intense flavor. Seabird guano as well.

6 Likes

I used that on my organic grow. :thinking:

4 Likes

Keep reverting back to smoking the premature OG Skunk. It’s incredibly ironic that it turned out to be my weakest plant. For fucks sake, the strain was invented on the Pacific Coast. I live on that coast. It’s a drag that I’ve been pulling it, but the flavor reminds me of when I was young. We had Mexican brickweed, some mid-grade green bud and then… every once in awhile you could get your hands on some skunk bud from Humboldt at an exorbitant price, like $65 an 1/8th. Oh, and the very rare Thai stick. That was it. This bud tastes exactly like back in the day to me and is probably why I’m a big fan of skunky and fuel like smoke. Top of my list in fave flavors. and this shit is skunky as hell. Delicious!

7 Likes

I suspect, if my ColumbianGoldxPanamaRed survives it will have a very similar appeal. I was in a dispensary last week and mentioned my grow. Neither of the tenders had ever heard of either.
I burst into song.

10 Likes

I told you Charlotte would surprise you with how much weight she puts on. I bet she’d be a monster if she’d been planted into the ground eh?

5 Likes

Never gave it much thought…always just called it a flower.

From Google:
Botanically speaking, a fruit is a seed-bearing structure that develops from the ovary of a flowering plant.

3 Likes

@Esrgood4u Yes! She is beautiful! Such a nice structure. Wish she had been in the ground

4 Likes

I too am impressed with bud washing. I had been skeptical for years but I have this complex where I see friends jumping off bridges and feel like I have to jump too. Lol.

6 Likes

I was thinking it was either just a female flower or considered a fruit.

It made me feel safer knowing 6 months worth of who knows what is washed off honestly. Wondered what the hell I was smoking along with last years grow… Ew!

5 Likes

@TrevorLahey I didn’t peroxide though, just the baking soda and lemon juice followed by a swirl in a hot bucket and swirl in a cold one. Doesn’t make the bud harder to trim either (I thought it may get sticky, like if you cut and don’t trim right away)

3 Likes

I didn’t do the peroxide either.

Or the lemon juice. Or the baking soda. Or the hot water.

Just hosed em down with a not-too-intense-but-still-powerful spray. Swished the bud around in cool water, then swished it in cleaner cool water again and shook it off.

Buds were noticeably cleaner after the first bucket. Also was dry in 30 minutes which surprised me.

5 Likes

Made some peanut butter chocolate chip cookies today with the cannabutter and another batch without. My man said he had a good mellow high, so they work. lol Put a few in the freezer for Dad. He said he’ll try them. I ate the regular cookies and smoked my cannabis… I may try an edible, but when I have a day to lose.

I also charged the batteries for my real camera and am gonna take a new video for you guys. Got distracted today with an 3 episode marathon of Snowfall. We’re on Season 3, episode 6 I think. Great show! Tmw I have a Dodgers game. So I’ll shoot for Thursday on the video you guys!

12 Likes

Glad the simple recipe worked. I, personally find edibles more mellow and relaxing. Rarely do they trigger my anxiety, but that may just be the flowers I use. Not a big sativa fan either.

9 Likes