Meesh's Cali Winter of Curiosity 2021

My experiment to see if I can fully flower a plant in winter is underway. I put two plants outside two weeks ago, and they have shown sex, leaving me with one female shown here. It’s gone pretty well so far, but we have some a week of rain ahead, so hopefully she hangs in there.

5 Likes

So we’ve had a few days of storms and gale force winds. Damn volunteers are standing like little winter champions. If the wind dies down I’ll grab a pic tomorrow. They are growing slow as hell and some of the leaves have slug holes from when they were smaller. Haven’t seen any new damage, they are getting too big now. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a snail or slug on cannabis once they get past seedling stage actually, but I do have much more exciting to slug plants out there too. Anyone ever had a snail invasion on a bigger weed plant? Curious. When I looked at the volunteers the other day, they looked like they could use a liquid fish drench. While I’m inclined to say “fuck it” cuz it’s winter and I’m busy and they are experiment plants, I think I may actually do one as I have baby green onions, poppies, sweet pea seedlings out there as well. First, this hellish wind needs to die down. Meant to mention that nighttime temps are in the 40s now. Believe it or not my bulbs think its spring and my daffodils are all blooming. The succulents are blooming and my cactus orchids are still outside and doing fine. Weird.

Hope everyone is safe and happy!

4 Likes

Check this out, guys! I don’t know shit about lights, but you think this would be worth the 20 bucks to germ a seed or two inside?

1 Like

So 2 weeks ago we had a heat wave, now it’s been bucketing rain and super high winds.

Volunteer 1 leaves are beat to shit at the edges, but plants are still going strong. Slowly but surely getting bigger. I did a stem rub today. Smells much skunkier than the original ufs with the kush in it. It has a pungent kush smell on top of skunk. Actually a very interesting mix. If it actually is female and doesn’t herm could be some delicious bud. I’m gonna estimate volunteer 1 at about 7 inches tall and volunteer 2 at like 4.

Volunteer 1

Volunteer 2

6 Likes

Update… volunteer 2 is throwing pistils. She may prematurely bud.

Volunteer 1

Volunteer 2

Still swamped with work

8 Likes

Lol. Do you know what is the day after germination it is?
Seems like yours ended up just like mines.

2 Likes

Looking good @Meesh its always fun to see little plants pop up every where ! Iv come to a consensus that those plants will be pretty damn hardy little plants ,last year IIRCC I had over 40 of them all over the back yard!

Makes me wonder with the doves that find their way into my boxes how many of seedlings from my plants are growing around in the neighborhood! :flushed:

5 Likes

We have crazy wind where I live. At first I always wanted to protect them. Now I just let them go. I found that they can bounce back and get way stronger.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure both plants are showing sex. I’ll try and get close ups later. Worried they could be herms

1 Like

Pulled Volunteer 1 today. He had tiny little balls forming. Anyone know why they would show sex already? Just because they’ve been alive since December? I’m starting to hope volunteer 2 stays female and I can bud it out this summer. This ufs/og kush cross really smells amazing. If smell means anything the bud would be killer. It’s also in the ground in the perfect spot for growing a tree. lol

2 Likes

Also, I have another month of heavy work loads. Been pretty MIA lately. Just so busy. I miss all you guys, my cannabis family.

6 Likes

It’s already time for a soil test. I’m already behind and I still don’t have a strain line up. @SamwellBB is it the slippery rails or something cobra that is the hybrid of yours I was eyeing?

2 Likes

So far, I know I want to grow Maui wowie, panama garlic haze another blue dream and another cheese. Need to pick 5 more. Ooh maybe sunshine daydream never did get a female on that

3 Likes

ha ha ha both are probably from me
Slippery Rails is a cross JAWS made and I made the f2 of it
Spitting Cobra is the other one I imagine

2 Likes

If I recall the cobra had a more sativa like bud structure? What’s the bud density like?

1 Like

Really want to grow out one that you made. Which is best for my climate? Last time I picked one you gave me but it wasn’t your specific cross.

2 Likes

yeah it was - the Spectral Tangerine x Stardawg cross

1 Like

This time no container. Want to grow one of yours into a tree

2 Likes

I’ll think about it - really liking the Dosido clone I was passed

2 Likes

Maybe the Dosido x FaceOff OG but you don’t like kush - would be more of a cookie kush type
the Slippery Rails were very caterpillar resistant for me here - not one
maybe Mindfields which is Slippery Rails x Cake Crasher (Wedding Cake BX)

6 Likes