Meesh's Cali Winter of Curiosity 2021

The boys like kush and I can handle a hybrid with it mixed it. Just not straight kush

2 Likes

say yes and you know what will happen … :fire:

2 Likes

Hey, we ate building a bug enclosure this year! Hopefully it keeps them out and less constant bt sprays should cut back on bud rot.

2 Likes

Well the volunteer has been beat to hell by the winds but she’s still kicking!

Is this all female parts? Her daddy was a herm

8 Likes

I forgot a out this little barely poking out of the ground sprout look at her go now.

2 Likes

The male volunteer was twice her size. Of course I yanked him out

2 Likes

Wonder if this works?

2 Likes

It would be worth a shot. I usually just wrap a little scotch tape around my finger with the sticky side out and dab up and down each branch and leaf where I see them. Knock on wood, I’ve not had much problem with aphids except on my outdoor deck queen. Growing inside does have advantages at times. I have used neem oil in the past which has worked well. Only problem I’ve found with neem oil is it has to be re-applied fairly frequently if there are any stubborn pests or if the plant is outside where rain can wash it off.

1 Like

it should the yellow sticky traps do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So, the volunteer is budding. She’s gonna be like an auto if she doesn’t reveg. So outside sprouts after the winter solstice will grow small like autos. Now we know.

8 Likes

8 Likes

I’ve read that you can veg inside, and if your weather permits, as in the southern states, you can bring them outside to fully finish flowering in early spring as long as the light hours sty in check. I haven’t tried it yet. Maybe you’ll get two harvests this year!?

2 Likes

Glad to see you posting. I’m pretty sure this is your busy time of year. :wave:

4 Likes

I’m doing this exact experiment right now. I’ve got one plant that has been outside since mid January that is halfway through flowering, and three more that I put out there weeks ago that are now beginning to flower. Hoping to see if they’ll finish without revegging.

1 Like

I think the ones you put out recently may reveg. It will be interesting to see

3 Likes

Yeah, I definitely figured that was a likely outcome, but the thought of being able to get a mini second outdoor harvest got the best of me.

1 Like

Meesh with a small greenhouse you could grow year round .Never ending trimming lol .

2 Likes

So like @ReikoX pointed out, Im still slammed with work. I barely even look at the little budding girl except to throw some water at her now and then. I have recently spent a few hours in the garden planting some bulbs, new flowers , some weeding and mulching though. I bought a new low chill hours blueberry bush that I still need to mix up some acidic soil for. I have a new half barrel planter I’m gonna put it in. I have about a half a bag of soil for azaleas, but not enough for the entire planter. I figure Id fill the rest with the fancy organic soil I use for my weed and throw in some peat moss and sulphur with the azalea soil. Should work for acidity, I think. My gardening mojo was pretty much all gone with the harvest of the cannabis and I basically ignored the garden most of the fall and winter. As soon as my daffodils, freesia and other cool weather flowers started blooming my mojo came back with them.

I am super late getting the soil test in so I can get the amendments for the 2021 crop. I should probably put it in my calendar for this weekend and get it done. Those amendments need time to break down. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel (and its not a train) with work. I should be slowing down in about 3 weeks or so. Right in time to start my cannabis germing in April. Meesh likes to grow big trees. We will be putting up a bug enclosure this year once the plants go in the ground. Hopefully it helps with less bt sprays on the bud rot issue.

Looks like the OG Kush has a purple element to it in the cold as a few bud hairs shown above look kinda pinkish. I would never have known if the volunteer hadn’t survived the colder winter.

I will be back in a few weeks to bug you all again with my novels soon. Miss all of you! Hope your Winter has been happy and healthy!

8 Likes

No idea why I’m up so early, but the sun has barely started to come up. I was out back and marvelling at how cool plants are. The budding volunteer has moved all the bud zones towards the sun and it isn’t even visible yet. Just a faint light on the horizon, but it knows.

7 Likes

Update on the volunteer. About a foot high and packed with bud now

10 Likes