Mephisto US back open

Here’s what my Double Grape looks like…I’m very impressed!

Just feel bad for growers as the genetics for these fine Autos are not readily available.

Plant was started at the end of May…100% outside…was hit by hail 3 times and still comes off looking like a Rockstar! Terpenes are developing, trichomes building, stature is modest but solid.

Overall very pleased…this strain tests in the mid 20’s THC under optimal conditions

image image image

13 Likes

Tip…

Here’s a new Autoflower dealer I found awhile back for Canadians…they might ship to US, not sure…

https://canadianautoflower.ca/autoflower-seeds/

They have Mephisto is stock last I saw…

5 Likes

Nice find, I wonder if they’re reputable.

Does it seem to anyone else like alot of breeders seem to hate money? Like if I was having people line up to pay $15 a seed for my shit I’d probably be making as many seeds as humanly possible. I guess it’s harder with fem autos to make tons at a time or something…

2 Likes

It’s pretty strange… Quite a few people are annoyed with them and I’ve definitely seen a few die hard meph heads move on over at AFN.

However, they must be doing something right because people buy them out within hours of opening.

I dunno, seems pretty bizarre to me.

One thing that happened that could be a factor is they lost their original space. I can’t remember all the details but less than a year ago they had to move their entire operation and I’m not sure if it’s yet up and running at full capacity.

They definitely have the hype, and their genetics are top tier as far as autos go, but it is strange to see them not expanding like a normal business that has this level of success.

4 Likes

Ya their autos are definitely the best I’ve tried I was truly blown away. I wonder if they’re trying some kind of ‘forced scarcity’ marketing trick or something, which would be incredibly stupid if they were.

As far as space goes you could produce thousands of seeds out of the average closet with an investment of like a few hundred bucks. The margins in that industry must be insane, like pretty much pure profit.

I sometimes think I should grab a bunch of their strains and just f2 or mix them all and sell them at $10 a pop. It’s kinda shady, but you’d make a ton and if they don’t want to fulfill the markets needs somebody should!

6 Likes

I’m not the type to f2 and sell someones active strain for money…but if I’ve paid for beans, and know that my chances getting more of a particular strain are questionable…I have no hesitation in backing up those genetics for myself.

5 Likes

Ever since I heard of double grape I’ve been trying to get it. With the last drop, it was already sold out minutes after opening (in the EU shop).
It fucking sucks.

5 Likes

I just checked. They do have Mephisto in stock, including Double Grape.

3 Likes

Thats exactly what I’m going to do…make f2

4 Likes

Ya like I said it’s definitely shady but there is the argument to be made that if they don’t want to fulfill the markets needs then it’s ok for someone else to.

I will say with most photo strains I don’t consider it theft or whatever because 99% of them are just some guy taking one strain he didn’t make and crossing it with another he didn’t make, not exactly ‘intellectual property’ there haha. In the case of mephisto they have a pretty unique product that they’ve created themselves so it would be more questionable.

4 Likes

The Canadian Autoflower link I sent comes from a gent who seems to be a straight shooter…He was doing preliminary advertising on another site and ran a contest…which I happened to be one if the winners…

The prize was a package of Mephisto’s Double grape…which I promptly received…

I certainly don’t blame you for questioning…it’s smart…In this day and age though, how does a cannabis seed company start? You gotta start somewhere…

IMHO passing out those Mephisto beans to 3 people was certainly a good start to creating goodwill in the community…(I confirmed through inbox enquiries that other contestants received their beans)

5 Likes

That’s a sweet prize to win! Maybe I’ll order some, just being here for so long has made me very averse to paying for seeds lol

4 Likes

I won’t be selling any seeds that I make. However I’m sure I may accidentally mail a few out :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

I’m sure more than a few of us fall into that category DD…chuckle

4 Likes

Yeah my understanding is they were setup to make a certain amount of seeds, which apparently isn’t too much but they are supporting 4 stores(US/Canada/EU/World), and then within the last year they just blew up in popularity and were not prepared for it at all and haven’t really been able to fix it yet either. Their website couldn’t even handle any sale days at all, they only just fixed that within the last two months.

From what Stan has said on reddit, it seems they are now aware of the demand and have been working on it. That said, their reserva line packs sold so much within the first hour they had to close the US store again just so they could handle filling the orders.

Definitely for now I recommend monitoring Stan/Mephisto on IG and/or /r/mephheads on reddit to know when they’re gonna open next, and snag a couple extra packs when you can so you’ll have some when they close again. Theoretically they should have everything fixed soon(~6mo) and this won’t be an issue anymore.

4 Likes

Well i got my seeds today :upside_down_face: I thought my 1 seed packs were supposed to have 3 seeds but there are only 2 seeds. My freebies are… 5 northern cheese x sour bubbly and 2 (CDLC x 3bog) x sour stomper

s

10 Likes

Nice looking packaging but 38 bucks for 2 beans?

3 Likes

Hell no thats for 5 beans.

2 Likes

Mine are still in processing.

2 Likes

Nice score! hmm on the seed amount though, but I’ve never bought the 1 seed packs.

I have 1 of those NCHxSB but haven’t grown it out yet. Maybe soon. Did you say you got CDLCxSB and 3BOGxSB? The CDLC is definitely one of my favorites from them, just smells so good. I don’t care much for the 3BOG but if you like OG’s at all in general, you can’t go wrong with it, its definitely good stuff. Their 3BOGxDBC had some of the best structure and densest flowers I’ve seen.

Also, that thing to the left there under the tan meph artisinal sticker, is that a sticker or a patch? It looks like a fuzzy patch or something. Love all their cool extras even if it’s just stickers and stuff.

3 Likes