Micro Grow Off Ideas!

Huh? There’s digital heat guns that you can program by the degree with several fan speeds too. Most stand in they’re own, but you could also build a stand. Most of them even have auto shut off unlike the volcano classic.

The gun won’t be the issue!

The Wagner furno 750 is adjustable by 10 degree increments, digital display, 5 fan speeds, and about 60 bucks. Add the volcano solid valve and bowl you have something as good, or better, than a volcano for about 100 bucks

2 Likes

https://www.gotvape.com/digital-variable-temperature-heat-gun.html

This makes me feel real old!

Yeah, 18$ is a steal with the engineering in that component.

If I could print medical grade nylon, it might work, two or three times before meltdown haha.

@Enstromentals is right, just buy a new chamber lol.

I think he has the volcano beat too!

1 Like

That @Enstromentals is a pretty good dude if you ask me.

4 Likes

Smart as a whip too (+ enough characters to bypass security.)

Are whips smart?..

But really, that vape gun has my interest.

Looks like it hooks up to a bong. Where’s the Volcano in that little race?

I’m telling you, you can get nicer ones than the one you linked for the same money. They’re just the first to put weed branding on a regular heat gun. The volcano bowls fit right on top, and you can get glass down stems to match too. Also most heat guns come with attachments that would work with a regular sized bong bowl

2 Likes

The heat guns usually have a longer warranty too

2 Likes

Re-use of a miserable term.

Whips sure are smart! And quick to show you!

So I got the cab painted like I wanted lol.

After I get back from my work trip i’ll install ventilation!

2 Likes

@Jellypowered Thanks for bringing the thread back on topic, looking at you @99PerCent & @Enstromentals lol

Didn’t get around to the arduino or watering stuff i was thinking i would be starting tonight but got my New lid for the new 5 gal bucket all wired up and done, pretty much the same as my last one just everything is mounted on the outside and cleaner looking, new fan as well.

Now just need to decide on how i want to run things, as in whether to stick with arduino system for watering or potentially go simpler and go with wicks.

7 Likes

Your builds are getting cleaner and cleaner @Mr.Sparkle. I only aspire one day to build that clean some day. Most of my crap looks like someone cobbled together it from duct tape and wire ties lol.

Looks like 4 lights this time, weren’t there only 3 last bucket?

Color temps? All the same or going mixed?
Really excited to see your bucket come together again.

Jelly

1 Like

My first round was 3 lights, second and third were 4, as for color temps they are mixed, two soft whites “2700k” and two daylights “5000k” so 32w (4x8w) amongst the lights for the lid.

But the difference in this build is im also running 20w of less efficient strip lighting in the bucket, that and the new intakes and more “floor space”.

So will be probably around 55-58w or so all said and done, which is a little over kill but we will see.

And the neatness just comes with time and experience and a little ocd lol

2 Likes

Also another reference/idea for others.

Here’s my remaining PC case up and running again i’ll start up a thread for it but crappy photo and i need to give the walls a clean wipedown, but modified the watering system just in the last couple weeks, so now its coming directly from the res located under the case and up through the center of the tray to a 8 way watering system thats simpler and run cleaner and more even than my last setup, plus also put in a drain tube as well so any accidental over watering or runoff runs back into the res now instead of staying in the tray.

Also swapped out fans had a 60+mm cutdown CPU fan up in the top right, but swapped to a 40mm fan in the back, due to some airflow observations i finally noticed after a couple years and wanted to change.

3 Likes

So you’ve basically changed your pc case to ebb and flow with less frequent waterings.

I dig.

Your experiments give me hope that one day I’ll be able to get a fully automated setup running :smiley:

more or less, just without actual partial or full submerging of the pots, more auto watering with run off capabilities

2 Likes