Micro Grow Off Ideas!

its one 10.5w 800 lumen LED bulb, i posted a picture of the bulb a couple posts up

2 Likes

Pics of above. I have some clones just chillin in there, seems to be plenty of penetration as the clone in the jar of water is more focused on growing than rooting lol.

1 Like

i might have a spare one let me check

edit: i canā€™t find it, i think it might be in a box in the garage or something. i did find 3 meters of the plastic for making your own bags tho

2 Likes

You are too generous.

Donā€™t worry about it one little bit. Thank you!

99%

2 Likes

Do these plants have any idea what is done to make them happy?

99%

1 Like

No idea what exactly you mean, but I sure hope they do lol. Maximum Effort!

1 Like

You picked up on my meaning first try.

Donā€™t be hard on yourself now.

I got my cabinet sanded and primed today. I also built the door jam so I can get it light tight. I have decided to go with the horizontal lighting, but I have a little something extra Iā€™ll through in there for kicks. :wink: Iā€™ll caulk and paint it this week. Then Iā€™ll have to put on the door, seal the bottom, put up the reflectix, and mount the electronics to the back.

6 Likes

As far as re-using the driver, you might be able to use it wired serial (I recommend parallel generally for systems of less than 6 strips.) But it would at the low end of the stripā€™s operating voltage, check it first.

As for vertical mounting, youā€™ll need good ventilation at the top of your cab to keep the SolStrips from overheating at their upper ends. Heat will rise up the aluminum back of the strip, concentrating at the top end. I would recommend horizontal or even 45 degree mounting over vertical generally.

-b420

2 Likes

The driver had no problem running in series at around 600 mA. I decided against the vertical for other, similar reasons. Thanks :thumbsup:

2 Likes

I have basically completed the basic build of my cab.

Today I aquired the following:
Power Strip for the cab (no outlet close to where I wanted to place it)
Digital Timer for the light. (doesnā€™t have a light sensor, i hate those)
1.25" PVC Elbows for light traps
Flat black spray paint for light traps.

All thatā€™s left is installing the PVC elbows (holes already drilled)
and a final caulking/paint touchup.

Then I get to try and design my Micro PPK system. This should be fun! For those of you whom donā€™t know, the PPK system takes several aspects of popular hydro styles and combines them. PPK Stands for Passive Plant Killer. Donā€™t let the name fool you, iā€™ve seen people grow trees with this system without much work at all.

I suck at describing things but you can read all about it Here.
Edit: All credit goes to Delta9 (as far as I know he is the person who put this system together. All the concepts have been around for ages but he was the one to put them all together I think.)

Basically to me it combines RDWC/NFT/Flood and Drain and makes for a really simple system once you get it setup.

Wish me luck everyone I hope to have something to show you guys this weekend.

4 Likes

I canā€™t wait to see your micro PPK.

2 Likes

I only hope what I have planned in my head actually comes to fruition lol.

2 Likes

So what yields do you expect for a 1x1x1 or 1x1x2

Your gonna post pics of the ppk right didnt see any on your post

1 Like

@Growinnblowin I believe I can pull around an ounce

1 Like

My goal is 50 grams or 1 gram per watt. Letā€™s see how close I can make it.

Depends on how much light you have as energy = bud, well up to a point anyways.

My bucket possibly 40+g if things go smooth, being 0.55sqft :wink:

But as @ReikoX 1Gram a watt would be nice.

To be honest, if I hit 1 gram per watt, it will be my best grow ever. I usually hover around the 0.5-0.7 range.

2 Likes

Its going to be great Jellyā€¦ Canā€™t wait to see it

1 Like