Micro Octopot Grow

The res has basic GH Flora Series 3-part nutes added. Right now about 550ppm, pH 6.3

3 Likes

It’s a water level indicator. Looks like a little plant :smile: has a float attached to bottom. So as water goes down, the plant goes down

5 Likes

Good Moderate P PMs and good PH that’s why she looks so healthy keep up the good work

3 Likes

Oh, and yes… the res holds just a little bit over 1 gallon

3 Likes

Makes sense, guess I should have known that. Just after 3 and it’s already been a long ass day

You must have got the last reservoir on amazon. Theyre still out of stock!

2 Likes

Right here, bud! I shamelessly stole @firehead idea.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy::rofl:

BTW, your progress is very much welcomed @firehead. You’re doing a fantastic job.

6 Likes

This weeks update pics!

33 Likes

Thats starting to take off real good!

2 Likes

Today, noticed that the water level in the res is way down. Plant drinking a lot.

Also, noticing the roots starting to discolor. That’s got me a bit worried. I added 3ml of hydrogen peroxide to the res when I filled it.
Hopefully that will help.

Any octopot users notice root discoloration also? Is it normal? Or something to worry about?

5 Likes

Yes it’s normal and it depends on the feed

10 Likes

Give em a sniff once in a while lol my roots ended up smelling like low tide and it was all down hill from there lol

3 Likes

Ok. Good to know. I was wondering that too… the GH Flora Micro is very dark brown and it could definitely stain stuff brown.
I’m keeping a close eye on the roots. The plant looks super healthy though.

5 Likes

That’s it exactly my friend

If I use any molasses or humic acids it does the same thing

Paps

9 Likes

Paps, do you add the teas in the rezevoir or top feed them?

Only from the reservoir, you only water from the top at transplanting in to the Octopots !

7 Likes

Thanks! I like to give my plants recharge once a week. Was wondering about how to do that in this format.

1 Like

If I’m going to give a special or specific item I either only fill the res with a gallon mix of that item (like tea or molasses base ) empty then back to the reg feed

3 Likes

The roots are discolored, but seems to be nute staining. Because they still look healthy and continue growing fast and furious.

And man, she looks happy.

So far this is a zero maintenance grow. No deficiencies or too much nitrogen, like I had with my coco/hydro setup. I don’t want to get excited too early, because there’s still a lot of time for things to go wrong… but this is looking like a really great way to grow. :crossed_fingers::sunglasses:

33 Likes

Youre making this setup look real tempting lol

5 Likes