Million seeds for research on the equator - Seed submission form

Would be glad to help in your endeavours Steve! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks kindly, Dman. I can always use the help!

5 Likes

Did I miss something here? What is the purpose of this grand plan? Million seed multi strain grow in the tropics is an industrial undertaking that a few buddies cannot do. research and production for who? Is this a corporate scheme to collect genetics kinda like an IPO first offering? Must have hundreds of thousands already invested? I assume you are the breeder steve of Canadian cannabis lore. Sorry for the questions, but this epic plan sounds a bit phishy lol.

11 Likes

I think i know exactly what he’s trying to do, a massive endeavour that will have great payoffs. Not now, but maybe in a few years. A super plant would be nice @BreederSteve, and if anybody can do it, that is you.

HppHrvst

PS.: I will be sure to pollinize your “Blue Moonshine Rocket Fuel” and send you a couple hundred seeds. This wil be by the end of the year, memorabillia if you will… HAHA!

7 Likes

It is a corporate scheme to collect genetics and develop some new ones. Millions invested.

8 Likes

I noticed jorge van patten aka jorge cervantes has been in south americas recently…is that a coincidence?

2 Likes

Lets see… If English or/and Math dont confuse me, givin only 1 m2 per plant (no so much to a outdoor plant), it mean that 1000000 plants will “need” 1000000 m2 = 100 hectareas = 100 big fútbol stadiums…

This, by example, is a partial view of the space “needded” by “only” 80.000 outdoor plants (with so less of 1 m2 of space per plant, cos it was an illegal grow to dope )near Albacete city… (@Antocians66, cuando uno de Albacete “coje la linde”, la linde se acaba y el de Albacete sigue plantando, je…)

Salud.

8 Likes

You are correct! However through thinning at each transplanting 2-3x I only intend to fill about 10 ha to finish on the selection crop. I have hundreds of hectares (soon to be thousands) once the pilot plant is tapped out.

10 Likes

Coincidence. I haven’t seen him in 15 years.

6 Likes

Please can me and the family come and get acclimatised in your beautiful garden in Costa Rica. It’s f***ing freezing here at the minute ha

8 Likes

I appreciate your reply. Thanks.

5 Likes

Getting the license to do this project has taken a lot of time, effort, and investment. Of course it is done as a corporation. Every legal commercial operation everywhere is a corporation. A few buddies can start a corporation. Perhaps more should.

A full-time agronomist is on staff to photograph and write the grow reports per seed line. Fun for those who want to play, interesting for those who just want to watch from afar.

For those who are aftraid to visit, that’s understandable. I can’t guarantee anyone’s safety (anywhere) but I can tell you that I’m happy to spend lots of time there. Not a lot of wusses…

14 Likes

If you don’t mind me asking, what’s the stated purpose of collecting and developing genetics and which corporation(s) are financing it?

4 Likes

A living gene bank has lot’s of potential uses and goals. I started the corporation with a few partners. It is entirely privately funded at this point, with no plans to go public.
I like breeding for sensory characteristics, and always will, but simultaneously I will be working out production lines for various chemotypes that are adapted for either wet or dry season. Some will only be good in the dry season as you can imagine. Genetics is a part of the business, but production of commodity cannabinoids is the main objective. Think vitamin thc… Once I fine tune and stabilize the best lines for the seasons of the region I will be able to mechanically plant, harvest, and process vast fields from seed. I’m going for the industrial agricultural paradigm for affordable terpy distillate by the tonne.

18 Likes

Thanks Steve for the explanation.

About 18 years ago Gypsy solicited some old columbian seeds from me to supposedly give to you to grow out in search of something special.

I was wondering if gypsy actually passed them to you and if so how did they turn out? I never heard a word from Gypsy after I sent them and I know you and I were not in contact at the time.

6 Likes

I very much look forward to this project becoming a major leader in the genetics field.

I am glad there will always be small grows too.

Both are good for this plant.

6 Likes

I never received them. But thanks for the gesture!

8 Likes

A little visual update. Almost ready to plant. 14 hectares nearly fenced, with steel and swinglea. Planning on using this patch a long time. Propagation greenhouse looking good.
Yes, we build our own roads out here…

22 Likes

if you ever need workers i’ll work for cheap if i can build a shack on site and there’s internet :wink:

7 Likes

I do get a lot of offers to help, all appreciated! No wifi yet. Barely even cell coverage. We do have secure radio comms for security with the local authorities, that’s a first for me. I’ve grown legally before, but this is the first time I’ve had to work under the parameters of a license. Interesting times.

12 Likes