Million seeds for research on the equator - Seed submission form

Greetings OG’ers,

As some of you know I’ve been setting up a research & production station on the equator. I’m literally collecting everything to work with.

I will post a link of 2 offers I posted on IG, and one of a technical form that must accompany each line submitted.
This will be fun.
First, the offers…https://www.instagram.com/p/BfN8ID3hSfp/

I am sprouting about a million seeds this year to be grown out at 3° latitude, 370m altitude.

A) If you have seed that you’d like to see grown out here you will receive a full grow report for sharing, an invite to visit the field in bloom, and my assurance that I will not make knockoffs for sale. You may also get a little something something in return when you visit. I will post a technical form to be filled out at Overgrow and I’ll need a minimum of 75 seeds per line.

B) If you’d like to sell me your seeds wholesale, I will take at least 75 of each if you can fill out the same technical form per line. No grow report, no visit, no assurances.

I’m literally trying to gather everything.

Cannabis Description Technical File

• Number of leaflets per leaf (60 to 90 days after emergence)
  • Height of plant (60 to 90 days after emergence)
  • Internode length (60 to 90 days after emergence)
  • Days to bloom for males and females
  • Proportion of hermaphrodite plants
  • Proportion of female plants
  • Proportion of male plants
  • Content of THC (in flowers)
  • Content of CBD (in flowers)
  • Days to harvest (days after emergence and days after feminine flowering
  • Stem height at harvest
  • Number of stems per plant (if branching is present)
  • Stem diameter at harvest
  • Weight of 1000 seeds
  • Yield (flowers and seeds)
  • Yield of biomass
  • Yield of fibre
  • Fiber quality (density diameter strength elongation)

If you can’t answer all, don’t worry.
Have a great day, folks.

30 Likes

Think I’m having heart palpitations.

10 Likes

I really wish to participate to this project. I would be glad to send you some seeds.
I’ve sssdh x space jill
Sssdh x deep purple
Gg4 bx2 and bx3 .
I can send you all as soon as you wish.
I love the job you already done.

10 Likes

Thank you kindly. Addy by PM

3 Likes

Steve, Are you starting a chicken farm :grin:
thats a lot of seed
good luck brother

6 Likes

Wow… that sounds exciting!

5 Likes

Damn I might have a couple things for u

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great as always, @BreederSteve !!!
Wish you all the best for this.
Ds

4 Likes

Thanks bud! Having a good time with it.

5 Likes

we will come over visit someday… :wink:
Ds

2 Likes

I can gather within the next two months at least 75 seeds of Punto Creepy which is known to have some Punto Rojo from Colombia and it’s been aclimatized to Costa Rica, where i live. I would be glad to send them your way.

Thanks for all of your contributions to the world of cannabis over the last few decades!

HppHrvst

8 Likes

I’m wishing you the best of luck @BreederSteve.

4 Likes

Hey Steve!! This is so cool. I would like to participate. I have been making seeds for many years now. I always sell my seeds locally to commercial growers and give them away to non commercial growers. I will admit, I have never been inside a million plant grow(gonna need a lot of people checking for males), but I have been in many there were over 10,000. If I have to develop a strain for a specific region I have learned that it takes at least a couple years of 3 month cycles. I usually never select a female from less than 2000 plants. (always wondered how these “online breeders” make some bs seeds from only 30-40 phenos and than try to sell them for outrageous prices when it only costs like $20usd to make a couple thousand seeds.) So, after selecting the parent plants I trim them back, dig them up, bring them inside and start to reveg. Males are grown to completion to be studied for 1,tricome production, 2. presence of female pistols, if so during which week. 3. time from 12/12 to first pollen drop.4 plant structure etc etc. I always do germ tests of ever batch of at least 200 seeds to get a accurate %. I used to have different strains for different regions and months of the year. Unfortunately I never thought forums would be back and I am not a huge fan of social media so I never keep any of my older strains. I do have some newer ones. I have a few questions. I imagine your conditions are very similar to mine. I see your altitude is low, can you explain the conditions or send me the general location so I can study the weather. The next most important question that every real breeder knows is, When will you germ them? I know that each cycle in a tropical climate will have various results. Can you tell me what month you will start? I have never had the chance to send any of my smoke to the lab for tests, but will be purchasing some home test kits soon from @legalcanada to have a rough idea. Your description sheet is awesome. What is the most amount of seeds you are looking for for any strain?

12 Likes

That is an incredible idea and I am so glad you are getting to go through with it.

I imagine you are inundated with samples!!

How lucky you are to conceive of this and be able to under take this project!!!

Super excited. Will you have a blog or website? I guess OG could serve that purpose.

Can’t wait to hear about this.

4 Likes

I vote that it’s all done here thru OG. We all know each other already. I mean not exclusively maybe, but yeah!

10 Likes

I will pm the addy to you so that you know the region. I have a greenhouse to presrrve selections from both wet and dry seasons. I just keep planting.

6 Likes

For sure on OG, maybe a dedicated site, too. Don’t want to swamp OG.

5 Likes

Please do swamp the website, you will only get likes for that, guaranteed.

I know i speak for everyone here at OG when i say, we long to see pictures of everything and anything you do bro.

I got this from Spice Of Life thru @Knospe, i think he bought it at Heaven’s Stairway cos’ of the packaging. I think they are like 15 years old. Will be using some GA3 to try and pop them.

Cheers!

14 Likes

Nice,

I still have 3 pack of blockhead.
SOL : great genetics

9 Likes