Mites,Thrips, Aphids 'one-n-done' with pics

Johnny would you happen to know if this works on whitefly?! I found a few in my tent and need to take care of it before it becomes an issue.

2 Likes

I would think it does, but just remember. It’s a ‘contact killer’, it doesn’t leave a residue to kill later.

2 Likes

Ordered all the ingredients and will give it a try on Thursday. :crossed_fingers:. never had them inside before. Hopefully this does the trick, thanks for sharing this with everyone.

3 Likes

Have you tried DE? To dust the plants would take em out, every time they landed on a plant and walked across it. Also the sticky strips catch a lot. i’m sure there are other remedies that work well, also. But these are measures to try in case this MTA isn’t as effective on em as you want.

2 Likes

I believe that BTI will work on their larvae also.

3 Likes

Larvae and eggs, nymphs also. The MTA would work on those. It’s the adults flying around that are going to be the PITA. A multi-pronged attack will more than likely be needed.

3 Likes

Well good I had fungus gnats before so already have the sticky traps and bti. Thank you both for this information! I will give them a watering tomorrow with the bti and setup a few sticky traps. All the ingredients for MTA show up Thursday, so Thursday they will get a spray down as well. They aren’t bad yet, but I know what’s to come if not taken care of.

4 Likes

NICE !
Bookmarked, this is good to have under the desk, thanks for sharing :pray:

2 Likes

Thank you @JohnnyPotseed will give these ladies a spray down at lights off in the morning.

Edit. Oh florida only sells 151, so I used mango moonshine@190 proof!

7 Likes

Uh, I’m sure you know…
But, let’s not forget to dilute, shal we? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Thank You for this anonymous and @JohnnyPotseed

I’ll be ordering the ingredients today, Anyone have links on the beaker and other measuring cups used? I only have the smaller measuring glass.

Appreciate

4 Likes

I bought everything on Amazon

3 Likes

i used a 50ml graduated glass cylinder(amazon). made 1/4 of the recipe. and just sprayed it about 15 minutes ago. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

OK, thinking these should work… Thanks!

Amazon.com: Ackers BORO3.3 Glass Measuring Cup-[Insulated handle | V-Shaped Spout]-Made of High Borosilicate Glass Measuring Cup for Kitchen or Restaurant, Easy to Read, 500 ML (16 Oz, 2 Cup): Home & Kitchen

Amazon.com: Ackers BORO3.3 High Borosilicate Glass Measuring Cup Set-V-Shaped Spout,Includes 60ml(2OZ), 120ml(4OZ), and 250ml(8OZ) Glass Measuring Beaker for Kitchen or Restaurant, Easy to Read: Home & Kitchen

Amazon.com: Milk Frother Electric Mixer Coffee - Battery Operated Whisk Handheld Drink Stirrer Mixing Wand - Mini Coffee Foam Blender Hand Held for Matcha, Latte, Cappuccino, Frappe, Chocolate (No-stand): Home & Kitchen

3 Likes

Sitting here ordering ingredients. Is the Everclear a sub for the polysorbate 80… or do I need both? I’m confused on that part…

2 Likes

Both. And make sure the everclear is 190 proof

2 Likes

Good deal… thanks. Just finished the order.

This will be used as preventative measures.

1 Like

I’d suggest going over the first post carefully cuz. But in answer to your question, both the Polysorbate 80, and ethylene are ingredients. You CAN substitute EverClear for the Ethylene, which I did in the original ‘test’, but Ethylene is better.

3 Likes

It’s a ‘contact killer’ no residue left on the plant to kill later. So actually, you don’t need it as a preventative. Just use it whenever you see any SpiderMites, Thrips,Aphids,/damage. Which you WILL usually see after using only once. It’s going to be almost impossible to get em all the first round. Here, we spray every 2-3 days,mainly because the area is infested with SM this part of Oklahoma, and we pick em up just going out to the barn from the house.
We KNOW they’re in there! lol Even though we may not see them at that moment.

4 Likes

Oh I will read thoroughly before I mix and use. I just wanted to get the order in.

Much appreciated

4 Likes