Mongo’s Stanky Jungle

Hey we buds. No need I know you man. We all good haha but now I’m curious.

4 Likes

He is smart , keeps plant moving forward. Constant forward. Does not starve for a week then hit hard one day. Confuses plants. Assume he feeds low PPM every water, in my opinion, the only way to feed. I realize that is 100% contrary to 99 % of the growers. Works for me, seems working for Mongo.

Not answering for him, just for me. His reasons may be different

8 Likes

I Might have to look into doing a different feeding schedule… have to check into this. I usually feed every second watering.

What’s your trick @Mongobongo ; those plants are looking gorgeous with nice fat buds! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

But then it seems the simplicity is lost, no? I like just giving water only if I can manage creating a decent soil to last the whole grow. I thought just promix and alfalfa meal was too good to be true.

3 Likes

Now THAT is a flower room!!! Dam Mongo!!! 6 lights???

3 Likes

@schmarmpit the only problem I have had adjusting to a soilless mix is watering. I’m so used to watering soil, that it takes a minute to get the hang of it.

You still feed with organic soil ie bag soil don’t you? Unless it’s an actual living soil, the nutes deplete in about 3 weeks. Even sooner if you water to runoff

4 Likes

Like I said, NOT answering for him. Do not know how he runs, may be flood n drain, may be DWC buckets, do not KNOW.
Living soil is different. Do NOT think he has living soil or he would not have said that .

He will answer when he can see straight and type again, lol

3 Likes

I did this for years and was never happy with my results. My plants would always crap out on me 2 weeks before harvest. Yellowed and just not happy.

Once I switched to every water feeding the plants thrived until the chop.

I use a very simple nutrient system. And just follow the bottle directions. I cut the suggested formula if needed. This is not living soil. Just straight Promix with a boost of alfalfa each repotting.

10 Likes

Promix is inert, has nothing in it. WHY he can feed every time. I also use inert soil, same reason I feed every watering.

I see no better way, we tend to grow the same way then, cool.

7 Likes

That group shot is freaking epic! What are those tall ones by the wall on the right? I’m guessing the DHxc99s?

And ya I feed every watering in coco and always did in promix as well. I think they’re technically considered to be ‘soilless mediums’, or like a more forgiving form of hydro.

8 Likes

4 of these

You have guessed correctly :+1::ok_hand: those are going to be some heavy nugs.

See the scary one bottom right @Meesh ? :joy::joy:

13 Likes

Are you kidding? The leaves alone terrify me. :scream::laughing:

3 Likes

Was about to ask what lights you’re running. Good shit man. That room looks epic :muscle::muscle:

6 Likes

Thanks for spelling this out for me, I’m clearly new to soil-less mediums. I respect your grows. Mind saying what nutrient system your using these days? And lastly, do you re-use the promix medium after a grow is finished? :v:

3 Likes

Post 486, 20 characters.

3 Likes

@schmarmpit I’ve not tried reusing the Promix but it’s something I might experiment with. When I do I’ll tag you in it so you know how it worked out.

The nutes I’m using this round for veg is CYCO grow A and B. For flower I’m using a new brand called “flying skull”. I just ran out of CYCO and will be using just “flying Skull” going forward for veg and flower.

@Explorer damn it’s getting up there. Clearly I’ve got my pictures of plants than pictures of my family on my phone :joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

The dark color of that leaf is gorgeous

3 Likes

My mix is not promix, but just exactly the same…Roots Organic and Sunshine Number 4 , pretty much identical.

This run now, is either the 8th or 9th run, same soil. I take it outside, lay it in a kiddie pool in the sun for a few days till it is real dry, then reuse it. Not had a problem, going to keep doing it.

6 Likes

How bout a update on the space needle? Please sir

@Mongobongo

2 Likes

@TheShowMeHomie they are some of the purplest leaves I’ve ever seen on a strain. It’s a very cool plant to grow. Around week 6 of flower she goes from green to purple.

@Jetdro no bug issues ever with recycling it like that ?

@PoppaPuff here is one of the GSN. Nice slender plant. Once she gets into the other veg room they will take off. Only have 400w on her right now.

14 Likes