Most uplifting, focus boosting strain you have grown?

For me the old original Skunk#1 made me feel good and smile

3 Likes

For me so far I agree that Durban is best for the “up” type of high.
The Durban I get doesn’t smell floral though.

It’s weird… it smells like licorice/bug spray or something. Hard to explain. At first I really didn’t like the smell, but after smoking it for a while it grew on me.

One of those strains where there is probably dozens of cuts running around all under the same name.

3 Likes

I’ve had good experiences with Grimm C99, and a very random bagseed of Mycotek’s Orange Chemeleon from a MA dispensary that turned out to be quite special. That one has the thickest bang-on orange flavor and even the cuts I take just sneakily reek of what I dare claim is straight up skunk. So loud in flower that it’s just stupid.

DJ Shorts’s Flo… I don’t actually get high or stoned, but I seem to ‘go inwards’ which is great for coding, reading, inner voice work.

8 Likes

man what a lucky score it sounds killer! love really orangey weed. does it hermie?

This is really cool to see. I have pretty severe ADHD and Depression as well and Ace Malawi has been one of my favorite strains too!

Another favorite from Ace is Super Malawi haze. Was running a 14 week pheno for awhile and just popped more beans to find a similar one recently.

Also Pollen chucked Some GG4 RIL x Ace Malawi and have grown out 15-20 of them and they’re all fairly uniform and is my go to strain for me. They usually go ~12 weeks

7 Likes

Duuuuuude! GG4 RIL x Ace Malawi cross have been on my mind for years! It sound super fire :fire: Got some pics?

Pz :heart:

2 Likes

Yeah, it does actually. Last clone I flowered, I broke a branch and tried to repair, next thing I knew she threw pollen at the situation. Broken branch just flipped to male essentially it’s nuts.

4 Likes

so many modern strains do that, especially from bagseed as their parent likely hermed too. sounds like its pretty manageable if you keep things stress free

3 Likes

I don’t take a whole lot of pics but here’s a couple

This is at day 68 of my last run I think?

4 different plants.

It retains alot of what I like about the Malawi high, but adds a little bit more. I get more pressure/ warmness behind my eyes than the regular Malawi but if you indulge too much it can be really disorienting.

My wife won’t smoke it, and I’ve given it to a few local people who don’t like it because it’s too strong.

Most of the Malawi I have grown out have woody terpene profiles which I don’t love; the GG4RIL seems to add a bit of cheesy gassy “dankness” which I really like.

11 Likes

That is wild!

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

They look like pure awesomeness times two! You’ll probably find all kinds of wild phenos in the F2s. My old Malawi mother had the carrot smell and taste which was hella good! But with the wide range of smells/tastes of GG4 RIL, the F2s might got stuff like bubble gum Malawi :shushing_face: Wild stuff! Good job!

Pz :v:t2:

2 Likes

Take more pictures dude! Those are killllller

3 Likes

might be a little bias here but the CBH was/is always good day time smoke… you just gotta have some control and not smoke a ton of it cause depending when it was pulled it could have you looking through the peep hole wondering whos outside :rofl:

3 Likes

C99 is one of my favourite strains. I usually prefer indica leaning strains. C99 for me at least wakes me up and is trippy for an hour or so bit once that wears off it hits me like an indica and I eat whatever I can find then just sink into a seat watching absolutely anything that’s on my TV. I also get a slight cannabis hangover from it next morning where I can’t be assed to get out of bed. :rofl:

2 Likes

I used to have a Blue Cindy that kinda did it for me.

Right now though I’ve been working through this harvest of Strawberry Blubard by GroundUp Genes, shit just gets me pumped! It’s also the first strain that I’ve actually started micro dosing with during work hours (office job, project management). Too spacey and my motivation grinds to a halt, this stuff for some reason though just clicks for me right now I guess.

3 Likes

Agent Orange TGA genetics If I had to pick one that I’ve grown :fire: :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

OldSilverThai by @Upstate has the best buzz and flowers out really fast for a stretcher tiny leaf. Instant good feeling my friend and I just started laughing. my buddy is EXTREMELY picky about weed. He said " It’s pretty good." That means top shelf in his language. Grow em if you got em
edit: 95 Silver haze by TNF is a winner as well.

6 Likes

I haven’t managed to smoke anything except OSA #3 and GG4 RIL since I harvested the OSA. :stuck_out_tongue: Everything else just doesn’t seem worth the time to pack the bowl, so I’ve been reducing it all to RSO…

4 Likes

Thanks!, I might have to do a run here soon for some f2s to take a look through. Great idea!

3 Likes

Hell yeah! If you do a thread, please tag me so I can follow along!

Pz :v:t2:

1 Like