Motorcycles you have owned or own

Utilitarian beauty. I would ride that all day

1 Like

I rode down to North Carolina a few times now. My big discovery, almost every interstate has state roads that run beside them, and there is NOT A SOUL on them!! Perfect for small bore machines.

3 Likes

Hey @Floyd, how you like the ape hangers? I think my arms would start feeling like pins and needles with them up a that angle on a long ride!

1 Like

Never got to play on 2 wheels. Used to ride atvs in sand dunes. After wife saw me ride there she said no motorcycle. You’ll kill yourself. I rode a 05 Honda trx450r with the HRC cam. Was super fun!

6 Likes

hey i like those as well on my harley , its about the trip afterall, on the expressway you dont see that much
on state road whatever running mostly alongside to me its a far better ride, hate cages on my ass.

1 Like

I give the same advice to people who tell me they want to get a motorcycle. If they didn’t grow up on one, it’s a dangerous thing to master on public roads. Other vehicles/drivers are the biggest issue, and if you don’t have good skills to avoid a sudden situation, you can easily die trying. HOWEVER - if they want to get a dirt bike and learn how to ride on trails and not on public roads - I say GO FOR IT! But wear a helmet and ride sober.

6 Likes

lol . I get asked all the time " don’t your arms get tired " . No they don’t I’m just resting my arms on the bars most of the time . Like resting your arms on a steering wheel . As far as pins and needles cant say that’s ever been a problem . This is the fourth set of bars I’ve had on this bike . So I’ve been low , but I like high . Its not like Im racing or anything :smile:

1 Like

I totally agree. It has influenced the way I drive and people can tell. I’m super defensive and I don’t trust shoulder checks because I’m trained to believe my life is on the line.

4 Likes

my long distance days are behind me,bad back, bad neck, because of the neck retiring to a trike isnt even a option. I rode though, many good memories. Reminds me of Hunter Thompson

" Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

6 Likes

I waited till later n life to buy a bike because I was
aware I would kill my self when I was younger . I have to admit when I was young I drove many times impaired . It was different in the 70s and 80s. Just wasn’t as much of a big deal back then . I know its was and still is wrong and I never would drive impaired now .

2 Likes

Hunter Thompson :+1:

Riding impaired when I was 10 wasn’t an issue. Riding impaired when I was 16 to “much older” - it was a constant occurrence. My bigger point was to not learn to ride while impaired - especially on public roads.

fj1100 and a cb750.

I’m really hoping to be back on the bike after a 20 year hiatus this year.

1 Like

Yeah that was thing with her. She also knows I like to go fast. Lol… with my neck and back the docs said no as well. Limited to my pickup now. So gonna do a LS swap.

3 Likes

LS swaps are the thing! I’ve been watching channels where WatchJRGo LS swapped a Rolls Royce, WrenchEveryday LS swapped an old International pickup, and RichRebuilds is currently LS swapping a Tesla. A TESLA!

2 Likes

Thats gotta make musk pissed off. Lol!!!

1 Like

Im sure we are not the only one guilty of this when we young . lol

1 Like

One of my favs from the late 70s. I worked at cycle shops during and after high school.

74 Honda CB750

5 Likes

I remember when they were very popular . :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Never owned a car been riding motorcycles daily for 35 years in Europe and the states,I’ve owned a lot of bikes over the years,R1 R6,gixers ninjas you name it I’ve thrown my leg over it lol

I’m into harleys at the minute I have a softail standard and little rocket of an 883 I put 1250cc big bore kit in it just put some 10inch T-bars in my softail better for lane splitting ,I want an old police bike next

image image image

15 Likes