Motorcycles you have owned or own

There was a time you could buy a Harley and they would go up in value . Not anymore they are struggling . Lots of better built bikes for less money . Not enough old guys dressed like pirates . :grin: :smile: :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

The last 2 seconds, could be your last 2 seconds, so make them count :wink:

1 Like

The last 2 seconds, could be your last 2 seconds, so make them count :wink:
I like it . I would like to go out feeling good . Not angry , or regretting something I said or did . But that might be easier said than done . :wink:

1 Like

@Purple-N-Hairy
Hadda Fat boy. 92.
Rootbeer brown & Tangerine

9 Likes

Old school paint .

1 Like

Have a buddy that has a late 80s soft tail he bought new and still has that was that root beer color . Don’t see it often .

1 Like

:hugs:Oh, thank you! I loved that bike, too!

When I was buying my first Harley, the dealerships that I went to in California didn’t have a lottery - they just demanded a big down payment and a year or more of your patience. I like the lottery idea though - especially if you win it! Harley stuff can be pretty darn valuable - so if you get any of it for free, that a bonus win!

1 Like

Wow, small world @GramTorino, we both had 92 Fat Boys! I can see you had yours set up for saddlebags, too. And your sprocket (or sprocket cover) and lower belt guard were chromed and you had the chrome axle covers like mine. We just can’t leave them alone, can we?!

3 Likes

I like to ride

76 shovel flh kick only rigid chop
93 fxr
2003 sporty currently building into a rigid bobber. It’s got a little less than 150hp to the rear wheel.

I’ve had liter bikes and some ducatis etc before but I like old Harley’s as simple as possible with no electronic bs that I build from the ground up.

I try to get lost for at least a month every summer. Just jump on and see where I end up.

5 Likes

I miss my ducatis and being on two wheels in general. :frowning:

Such a fun time on the weekends doing mountain blasts, put down thousands of miles in the twisty stuff and commuting over the years but had terrible luck with bikes - much longer story.

I’ve owned (in order):
04 Yamaha FZ6
02 CBR 600 F4
05 Kawi 636
2001 Honda RC51 (this step converted me to v-twins)
07 Ducati Multistrada 1100 (I was converted to pasta at this point)
08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100

4 Likes

That was my favorite thing to do also, you find so much wild stuff.

2 Likes

Don’t have a picture, but a '72 Bonnie with a springer front at 42deg. Thank the Old Lady who I had to lay it down, in front of, for it’s demise.

3 Likes

before paint

2005 Ultra Classic it has 212000 miles on it we Tour on it

2002 R1150RT my commuter 88000 miles

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

12 Likes

13 Ducati 696. Great times.

5 Likes

Nice bikes, @dequilo! DAMN!!! You put some serious miles on those things!

2 Likes

Those TWs are a blast! I need one.

Kev :call_me_hand:t5:

1 Like

1991_GS500E_red_450
My daily driver from 19 to 24. Crazy that was over 20 years ago.

5 Likes

I love the big BMWs! I’ve come close to pulling the trigger on one a few times. The most recent time I was distracted by a beautiful Ducati 996 which I subsequently couldn’t get an acceptable price on.

My next addition to the stable will likely be a GS or an Africa Twin. Either that or I’ll get a new dirt bike.

Riding is just as important for my mental health as the herb. Helps me clear my head and resolve challenges.

1 Like

This is what I’m eyeing next as well. They’re such sweet bikes.

Dual Purpose is me also :slight_smile: GS or KTM

I work 30 minutes from my house it is a 2 hour ride on my BMW to work and

20 minutes home

5 Likes