MOTR Does Micro

So far, so good

The felt was dry so poured in 1c water

15 Likes

Good lookin’ kids Ma!

oleskool

4 Likes

Going over air circulation with OniTenshu, got me to re-examine it in this cabinet and realized I need a speed controller to reduce the exhaust ~60 CFM’s … oooops …it’ll be here next week. Last night I unplugged it then forgot to plug it back in when the lights came back on. I got caught up with my boys…Parent Teacher conference day for the youngest and Army forms for the oldest. By the time I realized it was almost dinner time… temps reached 94F though you know what? they seemed to have loved it

The girls settling in their new home

DBHP F2’s

Don’t worry, I plugged it back in and opened up the door until it cooled down…don’t need them babies transpiring more than they have to.

Last but not least or this updateis the “SheHe” …lots of nice looking balls everywhere :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll have to start keeping my eye on “him” :spy:

12 Likes

First off MOTR thank you for raising your boy with a sense of duty! Very commendable :smiley:

As I was salivating…err looking at those DBHP F2s… I had to ask…are you an Origami expert? Those seedlings look like perfectly folded cranes! Especially the back center and front left of pic!

You’re pretty good at this growing thing, how long you been doing it out of curiosity?

5 Likes

I am very proud of him for making this choice. All I did was present all of his options: college, trade school, retail, work his way up in construction or the military…ok, I did give him a lot of real life examples of what different family members have chose and why though he has been weighing it out all year and talking to different people about it :wink:

I can fold paper into a cup and a triangle for table football :wink: Honestly, I had to look it up lol Sure does look like it. Apparently, those ones inherited momma’s trait of folding her leaves under instead of drooping when the soil runs on the dry side…I am glad I decided to run these for a little bit and compare so whomever receives these can have a better idea of what to expect from Boy #1’s contributions…once I have done this with all 3 boys, I will put them together in the main DBHP thread so its not so spread out

Thanks! I had some awesome teachers…my uncles. They gave me an excellent foundation to continue my education…I was under their wing for ~3 yrs before I started on my own then shortly after my daughter was born I quit then restarted ~4 yrs ago now. So about 8 yrs with a 21 yr break though focused on vegetables and some flowers over that time and trying different things with many casualties along the way :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

I am REALLY liking this self waterer… 2 cups of water in 10 days is awesome!!

The girls are pretty happy too getting their stretch on

I think the watering issue is over with this cabinet :stuck_out_tongue:

20 Likes

So I am finally getting around to update this journal though in my defense, I have been busy with my youngest bridging ceremony (transition from cubscouts to boy scouts) we had on Friday…made a pretty awesome cake for the Blue and Gold including each den on it…

Lions (kindergarten), Tigers (1st grade)

Wolves (2nd grade), Bears (3rd grade)

Webelos (4th grade)

Arrow of light (5th grade)

Then I had the weekend to get ready for my youngests’ ski trip with his special education class to Alyeska…many of these kids are told they can’t do this/that due to their current abilities though Challenge Ak goes out of their way to dispel that myth and give them an awesome experience they will not soon forget with lots of cheesy grins - totally worth the $130.00

Then on the way back, we stopped to look at the snow sculpture competition for Fur Rondy

It was a fantastic 12f day playing out in the sun!

Anyhow, lets get to the update shall we?

The girls are getting their stretch on almost touching the light so they got bent over just a few minutes ago

The “boy” is starting to release pollen so added a coffee filter and small plate catch though i’ll probably pluck a few of the more swollen balls in case I don’t see any visible pollen besides whats on the leaves

Last though not least is the DBHP F2’s starting to get ready to show gender

Now to play catch up a bit while waiting for the coconut oil to infuse with some material for canna caps i’ll be making tonight after the boys go to bed :stuck_out_tongue:

25 Likes

Looking good @MomOnTheRun…every time I see any cabs I always ask myself why I’m not doing that also, at least at home…moving 7 gallon fabric pots has met it’s end in my life…

3 Likes

Love the snow sculptures and skii pics, even tho now I wanna go skii even more!

That cake tho …

Congrats on ya youngest, hope it was a great day for him!

8 Likes

Looking real good. Micro grows are cool. Can I see some frost on that male? That’s always a good sign. :+1::+1::+1:

5 Likes

You sound like a fantastic Mom! Love and Respect.
:cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

7 Likes

Yeah…tents are too flimsy for me so chose to just build them though if I was renting then I would probably learn to be more careful :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh it just looks potent…vanilla funfetti cake, vanilla marshmallow frosting and of course all the chocolate…S’mores in cake form :sunglasses: The best part is there wasn’t any to bring home :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you! It was awesome and can’t wait to go back so I talked with his PT person to add it to his ILP twice a ski season. Excellent exercise to build core muscles which he really needs as well as, a temporary break from the trampoline, swimming and “rainbow” scarf sling

“He” has a bit of frost though nothing like the true males…not a pistil in sight so could be easily mistaken -

Pollen on a leaf with barely visible trichomes

Absolutely love STS!

Thank you :blush:

:stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

Sounds great and awesome, keeping your kids and family active like that.

Not sure what ILP is and a PT person, but sounds like a large slice of cake once in a while won’t matter at all. :birthday:
Been thinking about taking up swimming, as I am starting to kite surf this season and need to work on my core mucles as well.

Hard to get back tho, been away from action sports for 10 year, besides a few ski holidays the past 4 years.
But when I had my accedent, the doc’s where not sure id ever walk “normal” again. Still got issues with my back, but my foot healed up perfect after shattering my heel bone and broke my foot somewhere between the heel and toes.

Looking forward to get physical tired, while having fun again and have room for cake :smiley:

8 Likes

Have to otherwise they’d drive me crazy or get into a lot of trouble being bored :wink:

Short for Individual Learning Plan and Physical Therapy…he also has OT = Occupational Therapy through school, at a therapeutic center and recreational activities to try to keep him from slipping further behind his peers and giving up while training his brain to do simple recalls as not all the parts want to talk to each other

Not at all :stuck_out_tongue:

Swimming is an excellent exrecise…kite surfing is out of my realm of possibilities though seems like the core muscles are even more important

Slow and steady my friend, you’ll be back at it with all that determination :wink:

8 Likes

You give good life advice to? Just so we’re all clear…is there anything you don’t do well…like sing or dance or something like that? :grinning:

4 Likes

Sure :wink:

:thinking: Whelp, I am tone deaf and have no rhythm. :thinking: Deathly afraid of “public” speaking to more than 4 people at a time though push myself to do it every once in awhile. Of course, the hotter I feel the louder my voice raises…it carries naturally anyway so then more people start to listen lol :thinking: oh Pizza! My boys will not let me cook pizza saying I burn it every time getting distracted though that may be just their excuse to order it :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Can she cook a brisket? I bet she can. :grin:

4 Likes

I hope so, I’d imagine she’s also in charge of the summer bbq! :smiley:

4 Likes

All this MOTR love is reminding me of the old Bill Brasky SNL skits.

5 Likes

Sure am though more of a pot luck style than anything :wink: Still need to master the grill…

:stuck_out_tongue:

OMG! I haven’t thought of that in years…Good ole Brasky is amazing!

13 Likes