Much needed advice on nutrients/fertilizers and never used?

What you need is low N and higher P & K numbers for flowering…

5 Likes

Stick with this guy @PhilCuisine

2 Likes

I can/will help him growing in a Tron but when it comes to nutrients everyone can chime in because I have limited experience with other nutrients…

3 Likes

.I am using MG powdered (or more like crystals) and smoked some last night. I am not a heavy smoker so I can not say if it is harsh or not.

3 Likes

Dr. G, I so glad you came to Overgrow… Everyone here is so eager/willing to help you unlike some of them assholes at RIU who put you down for growing in a Phototron.

3 Likes

@PhilCuisine A bit off topic I know and pardon me,where does your profile picture comes from?If I May Ask.
Also,basically use a fertilizer that has P and K higher than N,as general rule

2 Likes

I have no idea. All I know is for years I kept wondering why the hell my smoke always burned my throat. I always blamed it on my curing techniques… once I stopped using all miracle grow product’s it was a miracle! No more harshness.

3 Likes

Thanks for saying that because I hate having to always bother you with the continuous questions but I also don’t expect to have training wheels on for the grow but it gives me piece of mind for the grow knowing that there’s a wealth of experience and knowledge available to me here…and just because I am growing in a Tron doesn’t mean it’s any different than having a tent and growing in a pot with soil and that’s y I was asking the question. I remember how u said that you still grow like normally other than being in a phototron it’s still grown like I would without a phototron and I have selected the hydroponic and nutrient as the categories to follow instead of the whole list of topics

2 Likes

You should hang out with her some day :joy_cat:
Mind If I borrow this Pic and save It?It’s beautiful

1 Like

Liquid versus powdered nutrients
When you buy liquid they pre-mix everything therefore you’re paying for a lot of water
Salt base nutrients You can pre-mix the desired potency ( ppm s ) as well as will be able to store for a long period of time and happens to be the most inexpensive way to buy nutrients

For the different stages of bloom you need to lower N and raise P&K in Certain ratios that help the plant achieve bulk and resin production at the proper time
Early bloom week 1 and 2 after flip still use a veg mix I like jacks 20/20/20
Week 3 throu 5 a ratio of 1/3/2 NPK jacks 10/30/20 works for me
Weeks 6 throu 7 1/4/4 ish ( not exact )jacks 1/2 teaspoon per gallon 10/30/20 plus 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of jacks 5/12/26 will give you the proper ratio here
Weeks 8 till finish ( 10 week feeding schedule) jacks 5/12/26 1 teaspoon per gallon and reduce feed as you get closer to harvest
I don’t flush no need
Keep ppms low by adding water
Ph to 6.2 every watering
Plants still need feed up till harvest
These ratios are proven
Things to grow by
Paps
The gray hair Bandit
Outlaws for ever
Fuck cancer

9 Likes

Much appreciated…The Dude Abides!

3 Likes

i bought the “City Limits” Kit and it hasnt failed me yet.i use tap for veg and flower and add ultraviolet for 2 weeks on flip.

https://www.jacksnutrients.com/kits

2 Likes

I’ve seen this…it’s different than the original Peters Pro Hydroponic 5-12-26…

1 Like

Okay so I have Dr Earth flower girl 3-9-4 available or Jack’s classic blossom boost 10-20-30 and I am just curious about feedback on which one you all think will be most beneficial(both are only 2 available locally without ordering online)

3 Likes

both good, but for your first time, it’s flower girl for sure. couldn’t be easier

1 Like

You will receive multiple replies all very good replies but YOU must make the choice by doing some homework with soils until your happy with what works best for you and your plants…

2 Likes

I really respect and appreciate way that you replied this question I asked @HashstasH! Also I’ve REALLY been enjoying the type of advice/input from the OG community since joining in December '21 after the fun times on RIU…but I have used Dr Earth’s pure gold organic liquid and I also have the access to the smaller bags and jacks is 4 pounds and I feel comfortable with Dr Earth’s products so I am just hitting day 15 of 12/12 flower light schedule and I am mostly asking for help with the recommended time frame to use it for the first time I have been researching and I read that after the stretch or week 3 of flower but like I said I’m completely a newbie with this part of growing?

1 Like

Soil Food Web natural farming for no doubt what’s in your plants.
Make the jump and save your money, plants eat great and you benefit from leftovers…
Honey, Molasses, Organic Milk, Brown Rice, Braggs apple cider vinegar, epsom salts, worms and castings, clover, milk thistle, aloe…just gettin started. You can too!

Until then, know that BOG used Miracle Grow. Your not that far off…
Chemical additives (acids) are used to time release some components…

1 Like

I do like Dr earth products but I would use the jacks 10/30/20 bloom weeks 3 throu 5 after flip
You can use it till the end
But if you get jacks 5/12/26 is good for the finishing stage

2 Likes

For the past few months I’ve been using Dr Earth for bloom (measured by eyeball and guessing) and room-temp tap water.
I don’t disagree with pretty much anyone here. But I think trying all these advanced grow techniques when your new is a mistake. Its like hearing a racecar engineer describe a way to squeeze a couple more horsepower out of an F1 car and trying out it on your Toyota Corolla.
good genetics,nutes, light and water.
The plant does all the work.
Also I too have used MG and it was fine.

2 Likes