Mullumbimby Madness, Colorado Sativa's

While we are talking about this has anyone kept in touch with Kog? Seems like he isn’t too hard to find. Heard he made a show for tv where he rode his motorcycle around Australia. My father sold Triumph motorcycles like Kog rides. Back one the OG days he had released seeds. He was in the first Big Book of Buds too.

6 Likes

My understanding is that it could be an Australian landrace/heirloom from the sailing era, when hemp was planted for rope. I don’t think it’s known to be incredibly potent but I have seen very nice specimens in photos.

3 Likes

The rope one (hunter valley) is the wild plants, those are more just straight upright growing and not much branching, which is different. There are a few versions of things claiming to be oms. In the old days people would just out cross and think nothing of it and not even mention it. Hec in some areas of Australia they still throw all the different strains and different phenotypes no mater how different they look all into one bag and will sell you it. Its all bushweed to them, some of them are still very oldschool. They dont understand that with most of the western world you cant even mix different phenotypes of one strain together and sell them as people will think why is this bud yellow and potent and the othe bud in the same bag green but tastes different. We’ve been separating and labelling things for years in Australia some parts still dont do that. The real oms sativa grows all outwards rather than upwards as much. It branches very heavily like a monster cropped plant on steroids, and it does this right from the bottom of the stem all the way up. Supposedly its a old 1950s pure thai strain undergone cholchaine treatment.

9 Likes

Is this what you’re looking for? :thinking:

https://colorad1.ic.tc/seeds/view/2993995/1/2994003

4 Likes

That sure sounds good. It looks pretty leafy to me but sounds fun.

3 Likes

More stuff from Kog. Big Book of Buds.

9 Likes

I think kog stoped growing his version of oms, his line became full of hermies and was getting difficult. Im sure he moved on to old mother x shit wich was know as purple something , I cant remember the full name exactly, but they went purple when the shit from mr nice got added. Kog had some good vids and pictures.
Oh yeah it was called nimbim purple.

8 Likes

Well yes and no it’s my back up choice if I get PNG pure at a reasonable price , I would love to find it ex situ from a small farmer for a 50 pack for 100$ US but yeah know “you can’t always get what you want” :slight_smile: lol que chorus :slight_smile: “you get what Cha need” lol

1 Like

I had another one emerge :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I live pretty close to Mullumbimby. It’s wet and bright green. I’ve heard many stories about the origin of Mullum Madness over the years , but the ones I’ve seen in the flesh have been 100% Sativa, or very close to my eyes anyway. They can get to near 20 feet and are very branchy with long colas that are not fully stacked but tight to to nodes. One of the more believable histories I’ve heard is that it was originally Cambodian. It definitely has a resemblance. There is a long history here of SE Asian varieties as we are so close. I would doubt the Lebanese genetics in the original, we just didn’t have them here when MM was about and a lot of the Mullum area is so wet and humid that it’s not very suitable for indica type plants.

8 Likes

Lol… sounds pretty normal :smile:. But then on the flip side I’ve seen people get that red beard pgr shit put in colourful clip seal bags and labeled all sorts of ‘strains’. That kinda stuff and just the amount of shitty pgr here has resulted in a surprising demand for ‘all in together’ old school bush weed.

4 Likes

And I was thinking the old mother sativa sounded like a Cambodian so that makes alot of sense :slight_smile: @slain is it possible or do you know a guy that ever goes to PNG? Like maybe diving or … ? Well idk nevermind like someone could just walk up on a landrace PNG I’m looking for it I’ve found a couple but they want way to much lol and I’ve found a suitable cross as a back up but I’m not ready to give up :slight_smile: lol

3 Likes

I have some png gold that I got here locally, as you say you can almost wade there at low tide and png via Torres straight to far North Queensland has long been a smuggling route. PNG gold used to be common shwag here. It yellows out towards finishing and in the end it sheds nearly all it’s leaves… send me a pm👍

5 Likes

Sorry still no camera but I will update with photos soon ;
How common is a hollow stem ? And what country of origin is it common? I have never seen a hollow stem on a healthy plant I’ve heard of it but never seen it in person:) the two big twin the one on the left is male and I think the other is female:) so I chopped the male down to the 2nd node and the branches off the last side so the little sprout that pop up has light and room to stretch I’m only need the male to make 100 or 2 seed to play with down the road :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hollow stem in my experience is typically an indica attribute, where It’s very common.

Even just few flowers should do, it’s staggering the amount of pollen grains they produce!

3 Likes

I had a feeling when I seen the first two true sucker leafs smh oh well they have really nice stem rub real like danky kinda skunky but more of a earthy dankness :slight_smile: I like it it’s what I think of when they say “old school smell” PS I wonder if it is even anything like the original MM if it can even still be called that lol smh

1 Like

I’m interested to see myself also, by rights it should get huge, and take forever to finish.

1 Like

They start giving off smell in veg, it normally comes from the males aswell. Like those pine tree oil or frankincense oil and cardamom. Some get quite strong in veg. You should be able to tell in a few weeks. Ive seen on some the stems go all a dark purple-red. Not stripes but completely, and they feel almost oily. Those give off the most scent. I wouldn’t wory about wider leaf to start ive seen some start with wider leafs on the first few indernodes and then they change. Normally start very symmetrical and then grow they start behaving as if they been the been topped and start giving tri-headed growth.

2 Likes

Yes they smell already it maybe those you said I don’t know but it smells of Danky Dankness ! A strong Dank! :slight_smile: Lol it smells good

6 Likes

Beautiful girls all-natural :+1::muscle:

I guess we HOPE they are girls :wink:

2 Likes