Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc šŸ„ (Part 1)

I found this on the street corner. Is it safe to eat?

I wanna be a forager! :rofl:

4 Likes

Yeah, for sure. I understand. Like I said, Iā€™m not eating mushrooms for any reason other than I like tripping balls; Iā€™m not looking for anything more out of them than a super-fun time, which they always are. I donā€™t think theyā€™d alleviate the panic attacks, anyway, whether I microdosed or macrodosed. Those are just something Iā€™ve accepted Iā€™m probably gonna have to deal with for the rest of my life. Like I said, sometimes I wonā€™t have one for a couple years, so itā€™s fine. Kind of hahaā€¦

But if shrooms in any way, shape or form help people deal with their shit, more power to them. Whatever works.

Yeah, Iā€™m slowly reading his book ā€œGrowing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushroomsā€ (itā€™s longā€¦ haha). Heā€™s one of the few people I follow on IG, too, although I barely ever log on to IG. I might consider the microdosing regimen, itā€™s just that I donā€™t think I really need it, you know? Iā€™m pretty happy with where Iā€™m at as a human being.

4 Likes

looking at ordering some spore syringes and a monotub kit from northspore. i know it could be done cheaper but without a PC i just want to try and grow a tub of mushrooms. order 5 different syringes so ill be busy over the next year. if al owrks out will expand to several monotubs.

6 Likes

Right, yeah, like I said, I get it. I understand. Whatever works and improves your life, you should do that. I wasnā€™t criticizing anybody who microdoses. If it helps you be a better person and live a more fulfilling life (or even a tolerable life), you should do that.

The thing with my panic attacks is that theyā€™re not being ā€œinducedā€ by anything. Like, Iā€™m not stressing about something and worrying so hard that I eventually have a panic attack. Iā€™m not an anxious person. They just kind of happen, outta the blue, for no reason. I can be sitting on the couch laughing my ass off at a ā€œSeinfeldā€ rerun that Iā€™ve seen a hundred times already, no worries at all, and all of a sudden my heart starts racing and I canā€™t breathe and I feel like Iā€™m dying. Thatā€™s the thought that runs though my head over and over and over again: ā€œI feel like Iā€™m dying.ā€

Who knows why they happen? I used to take meds for them, klonopin at first and, later, Xanax. But I fucking hated the way both of those pills made me feel (plus, theyā€™re physically addictiveā€¦ no thanks) so I stopped eating them. Now I just deal with it when they happen, which, like I said, can be anywhere from every day for a few weeks to not at all for two years. If they happened every day for weeks and weeks and months and months on end, Iā€™d be more inclined to try the microdosing thing (and I still might, just to see what happens).

Good to hear itā€™s working for you, anyway. If it helps you, thatā€™s all that matters. Thatā€™s the most important thing.

Yeah, I knew that wayyyyyyy before I ever first ingested DMT hahaā€¦

3 Likes

Alright I took the plunge. I love science so canā€™t wait to try this new experiment.

7 Likes

After this grow donā€™t buy those kits any more. All you need for the tubs is bricks of coco coir and a rubbermaid type tote. For the grain you have lots of options that donā€™t require a pressure cooker. Poor Boy, PF Tek, Uncle Bens, etc. Or check r/sporetraders on reddit and you can get pre-sterilized grain jars for a couple bucks each. Iā€™ve been using MillyWyco spores for a couple years and rarely have issues, they always have a good selection and prices, deals can be found on r/millywyco

5 Likes

Be mindful putting spores to grains instead of brown rice flour cakes. Any contamination will grow and spread in grains that will be contained by fruiting a solid PF cake. Less is more, itā€™s not going to grow much faster shooting more spores into each set. It just adds More competition for each set of genetics that pair up, and increases chance of contamination (especially since north spores grains are on the wet side, bacteria love wet media)
That said, spore works seems to have consistently clean spores.

5 Likes

yes i plan on using the uncle ben rice in the future just wanted to try it this way first and see how is goes the first runā€¦ Sterlite totes and polyfill and micropore tape. Someone local recommended millywyco and that is where I ordered the syringes from. any particular coco use use ? Canna brick

5 Likes

Iā€™ve used Canna and Coco Bliss, mostly because I already had them on hand, but Iā€™ve seen those two brands mentioned favorably several times on the Shroomery forums.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve used Coco Bliss and whatever Petsmart sells when I forget to order from Amazon. Just make sure itā€™s pure coco coir with no anti fungal additives. Also, I know some people swear by monotubs, but Iā€™ve found much better success with a regular tote with the lid cracked when itā€™s time for fruiting. seemed tougher to maintain my humidity with a monotub.

4 Likes

thank you i appreciate all the tips. i grew mushrooms like 15 years ahgo. we did pf tek in small mason jars the strain was amazonians from hawkseye

2 Likes

doing the tub method is pretty simple, canā€™t wait to see the flushes you get.

2 Likes

spores and grain should be here next week. now the hard part is deciding what type to start first

2 Likes

And FWIW, one of the best grows I ever had was from a bird seed, pre-sterilized grain bag with spores from a redditor. Iā€™m not against using them at all, Iā€™m just always going to go with the cheaper/faster options, that bag was kinda pricey and took forever to fully colonize. Was close to 15 weeks IIRC.

3 Likes

3am.
Golden teachers
Good idea bad idea?
We will find out.

12 Likes

And what did you discover, o intrepid traveler?

5 Likes

It was nice. Very mellow and mild. Sat in the dark with candles mostly.

Havenā€™t done them in quite awhile so Iā€™m also wimpy with dose at first.

8 Likes

Mazatat (Mazatepec x TAT) noticed first pins the other night.

48hrs later

13 Likes

Always a good idea, I did not take that advice as I started back up again a few years ago. 4g down the hatch and off to Jupiter I went.

5 Likes

Yeah man been there enough times thank you :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes