Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc šŸ„ (Part 1)

Keep us updated on the tidal waveā€¦looks like a beast!

2 Likes

I will for sure. I have tidal wave 2 that is already in the grain and I ordered the tidal wave enigma that won the cup, Jedi mind fuck, ape, cream lex Luther, blue meanie, and blue avians. I will post progress of all of them. I havenā€™t received them all yet but they are on the way

3 Likes

Meanwhile back at the Poo Pileā€¦

Guess the rice hull helps lock in moisture! Letā€™s see what tomorrow morning brings. :elephant: + :microbe: + :mushroom:
:call_me_hand:

9 Likes

Beautiful pictures and info. Thereā€™s just something different about shrooms. Iā€™m fascinated by them and most certainly would love to get into growing them.

3 Likes

Ordered some grain bags and agar from Midwest grow kits.

Wife got me a Drewā€™s Mystery Box from inoculate the world. Canā€™t wait to see what arrives.

Beautiful mushy pictures coming soon. Iā€™ll be running White Teacher and Steel Magnolia for sure. I got a swab of APE to try also. :fire: :fire:

Iā€™m getting excited

4 Likes

3rd flush on one of the phobos shoebox.

14 Likes

Well I took my Uncle Benā€™s GT and layered it with coco coir yesterday and placed it in the mono tub. Letā€™s hope I see something in the next two weeks.

7 Likes

Hereā€™s the tidal wave 2 grain bag after 2 weeks. Itā€™s seams slow, I thought it would be fully colonized by now. Mixed the bag a bit and tucked it back away

The pe mushbox mini is going in the trash. It still has no growth

6 Likes

Still using my lights to dry :sweat_smile:. Two days in the tent and they seem to come out perfect.

15 Likes

Canā€™t wait to see these finishedā€¦looks very nice! Too bad about the mini kit.

Holy hellā€¦how much does that bag weigh? Looking good!!

2 Likes

Thanks, I havenā€™t actually weighed the whole thing. I usually just weight out what I need at the time, but I am curious too lol

2 Likes

Well I didnā€™t weigh that big bag, too much for my little 200g digi scale, and I didnā€™t feel like weighing that in batches. But with the batch of mazatat I grew before these, over course of three flushes, I totaled over 126g dried from two myco quarts of brown rice. I donā€™t know the exact total dried weight since many were used fresh, but thatā€™s still over 2oz of mushies from a few cups of brown rice mixed into a shoebox :laughing:

2 Likes

Broā€¦youā€™re giving me hope of actually succeeding!!..lol
Checked my jars and little shit boxesā€¦

6 days since grain to grain with the Malabar

6 days since mixing Malabar with coco and letting it do its thing.

6 days since mixing the penis envy with coco and letting it goā€¦not too much happening here, but Iā€™ve heard this one can require some patience.

6 Likes

The jars do look a bit bacterial, but honestly so did all of mine, and they still fruit at least one good flush :laughing:.

1 Like

Is that why it looks fluffy rather than fiberous

5 Likes

Yep, thick and bright white like ice cream. Those jars look colonized enough for a break and shake, if they donā€™t recover and start to grow again after a couple days, then itā€™s prob no good. If it finishes colonizing, go ahead and mix it with coir.

3 Likes

Well, gonna let em finish and try a tub. Will order mycelium on agar and try to make more agar plates and a few grain jars from those.
Iā€™m in Canada, so someone point me in the right direction. Otherwise Iā€™m just gonna order from mycodotca again. Seems kinda priceyā€¦but what do I knowā€¦and I suppose seeds are about $80 for 6ā€¦soā€¦

4 Likes

@Tappy Iā€™ve been using myco and spores lab. Both are pricey but I will have 7 different different kinds by next week. I have agar, plates and slants also so after that first initial purchase I really canā€™t see me needing anything else for years to comeā€¦. As long as i donā€™t mess up the agar work lol. I can share if you donā€™t want to drop a bunch.

2 Likes

My wife is away all day and Iā€™m responsible for the kids, the houseā€¦
And lunch!

7 Likes

Buddy, that would be solid! Iā€™m still gonna order 1 or 2 live agar plates and try to make more. You sound like youā€™ve got a helluva collection starting!! Did you say you have/are getting blue meanies? Do you have any lizard king on the way? Iā€™ll try and buy a strain you donā€™t have yet, so we can expand each otherā€™s colle tions after trades and stuff.

2 Likes