Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc šŸ„ (Part 1)

Thatā€™s awesome! This is my first attempt, had a friend that used to grow them years ago but sadly heā€™s no longer here :frowning: I never bothered to ask him or try it myself back then when he offered to show me. I really hope it works out because Iā€™d really like to go all in and turn my walk in closet into a mini lab. Do you do any agar work?

3 Likes

No, Iā€™ve completely screwed it up trying jars and bags and not sterilizing properly or popping lids to mist when my room or myself is not fully sanitized. Thatā€™s why I have an enclosed tube with filter discs and a fogger with distilled water only. Only tip I can give you is. Sterilize-Sterilize-Sterlize and Sterlize some more. ISO is your best friend. :peace_symbol:

5 Likes

Yes sterilize as much as possible. Whenever it is completely colonized they should have a much stronger resistance to contams. The one the that tripped me up was not using a still air box to inoculate. Afterwards success was very high

3 Likes

yep, use a still air box and lots of ISO. Things changed for me using Northspore grain bags and Boomer bag dung substrate. Iā€™ve used Mushly for spores for 2 years and never had an issue with their quality. My contaminates have all been mine.

2 Likes

Sterile work is only needed while the grains are uncolonized. If you have healthy spawn, pasteurized bulk substrate and working in open air is all most people do.

4 Likes

Very cool man but, I donā€™t. Thank you tho :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

Day one fruiting has started for my two tubs of John Allen Cubes. Since I only use 4 filter discs and 2-inch holes. I misted sides and top and have my fogger on low for 2 mins every two hours. Bring on the Magic Baby!!!

:mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

15 Likes

Really cool, would like to try my hand at shroom growing. I didnā€™t even realize you had this thread goingā€¦will move this to watchingā€¦ Canā€™t wait for the show

3 Likes

Its not my thread brother lol its community mushy thread :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

4 Likes

Oh ok, just glad you linked me to it. Very interested in spore growing

3 Likes

how long before you get some fungi growing

3 Likes

9-12 days average couple weeks

3 Likes

Lookin good!

3 Likes

I hope to see pins soon!

10 Likes

Shouldnā€™t be too long now!

4 Likes

Thank you :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

4 Likes

Once I see a pin or two, I may finally relax lol.
Anxiety has me watching these things like crazy cuz i donā€™t want them to fail.

4 Likes

Yes patience is key, keep the lid on as much as possible to keep that humidity perfect!

4 Likes

I was under the impression to have more fresh air to trigger fruitingā€¦
So I put another small tub upside down over the top to keep humidity up, but have holes for airflow.

Or would it be better to put the lid on so thereā€™s not as much air?

3 Likes

Iā€™ve had some horrible luck so far with these three shoeboxes. My two Mazatapec both fruited, but only on the ends of the shoebox not in the middle. The B+ is only giving me fruit on the sides. I was able to pull 200 grams (wet) from the two Mazatapec on the first flush. The B+ will be way below that.

All the tops of the substrate look matted, so I flipped the two Mazatapec substrates and misted them well. Iā€™ll do the same to the B+ substrate once the fruit is harvested. I might be able to salvage these yet.

4 Likes