Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

What an exciting time, congrats man

3 Likes

Thank you @Natea

2 Likes

Right on Man!!! Not far behind ya :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

2 Likes

Just from a few hours ago till now I see even more popping up lol.

3 Likes

Your going to see a bunch pop

2 Likes

I inoculated one grain bag and one Uncle Ben’s this morning with Z Strain. This is my second attempt at inoculating so I am trying two different ways. My first attempt went well until I let the grain bag get too hot while the Z Strain was colonizing. Hopefully this time will go better but we shall see!

4 Likes

I noticed with the uncle Ben’s rice, I had better luck with less spore solution than the bags that got more.
I did a bunch of bags, some had 1cc, some had .5cc and some had even less. Since UB’s has high moisture already, the bags that got .5cc seemed to colonize the fastest and didn’t lose any of those to contams.
The 1cc group had a couple casualties lol.

Wishing ya the best of luck @E5_Wilk

Currently have 2 shoeboxes going atm, and this weekend I’ll be getting more jars and brown rice flour and probably some popcorn just to try it out.

3 Likes

Thank you for that info! I am new to this but really wanting to learn. I saw that you had some pinning! I have been lurking.

2 Likes

With spores, less is more, Especially with uncle Ben bags since they are already on the wet side. Also adding more spores is like adding too many seeds to a tray, lots of competition for dominance between the different paired colonies.

4 Likes

Pins are popping up all over and growing fast!

11 Likes

I personally dub tub most the time myself. They plastic bag dome is just another tool. I don’t mess with liners. A few growing out the side or bottom not that big a deal. When you harvest pull your substrate and harvest those as well, or if they are gross toss em just don’t want them there rotting. At least I don’t not sure if it hurts em.
Anyways I was gonna leave a new pic but wrong phone lol. Oh well

3 Likes

Dongs…:slight_smile:
Im really surprised by how fast they’re coming along. No pun intended. …eh… maybe a lil bit lol

15 Likes

These things grow fast AF! Right before I went to bed last night which was about 4:00 a.m. this morning I looked at these and none of them had that white Veil looking thing under the cap. These pictures are about 10 hours later… I’m blown away lol

And this is exactly why I take pictures everyday and date them, because the growth is crazy and since this is literally my first time doing it, I like to be able to have a daily timeline of pictures for when I do my next batch I’ll have a rough estimate on when things could or should be happening. And… we all get to watch the growth together!

15 Likes

11 Likes

Yeah that’s what I’m talking about! Once they finally start they grow fast. What a good time to be in right now :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

I just love this stage, pins showing up and then boom!

4 Likes

Yeah… boom!. The caps are opening up/Flattening out! I keep saying it… but holy shit do these grow fast!

13 Likes

How long did they take to pop after you started fruiting?

2 Likes

I spawned to coco on Nov 24th, I put into fruiting conditions on Dec 1st, I saw my first pin on Dec 7th, and today is Dec 12th I just harvested half the tub.

Used 5 of the best looking/ biggest caps for spore prints, and the rest is being dried at…

Here’s the ones that are being dried

16 Likes

Got some great meds there @Illicitmango :100: :fire: :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :peace_symbol:

3 Likes