Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc šŸ„ (Part 1)

I tend to let things go by themselves, I donā€™t mess around too much (until I think thereā€™s a problem :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

Iā€™ll let these do their thing. Anything is better than nothing, and I keep learning as I go. Definitely going to be casing all my shoeboxes from here on out. Also staying away from the plastic bag method.

I still have one jar of Mazatapec that was slow in growing. It just finished colonizing this morning. Iā€™m going to try just taking it out, soaking it, rolling it in vermiculite and then letting it grow. See what kind of yield I get from that.

2 Likes

Lots of people flip there substrates especially if a harvest was hard on surface of your sub they will flip for a uniform flat growing surface. It has a better chance of an even canopy.
Here is a John Allen looking more like a Jane Allen :rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

John Allens moving fast at 11 days

7 Likes

Iā€™m gonna order some lc soon, I miss growing!

4 Likes

My 3rd tub has green stuff in it in a little tiny spot. Looks like trich unfortunately. Bummer.

1 Like

sucks, try carefully cutting it out.

1 Like

Yea I plan to, i moved the tub away from my other tubs,
But I always fear there worst, and pray it hasnā€™t gotten my other tubs.

All 3 tubs were done the exact same way. Grain was fully colonized. I guess these things happen

4 Likes

Clean all your shit with ISO spray

2 Likes

First partial flush of one shoebox tub. John Allens

11 Likes

Respectable!

3 Likes

Very nice!

2 Likes

Yea Iā€™m interested if ya have a link or info on it.
I plan on doing agar stuff asap, hopefully to create and isolate healthy spawn to use for syringes or inoculate jars. Maybe less contams this way than going straight from as multisport syringe or print to jars/bags.

2 Likes

Lets get this going. This is my first TEK and hopefully it doesnā€™t bomb. When I first got started using agar and using TEKs, I went PastyPlates, like most do. Thank you Pasty. It wasnā€™t long before I wanted to be able to see growth like a petri. I didnā€™t like the depth of a pasty. My blade skills werenā€™t and still arenā€™t the smoothest. Sooooo, I did this and it worked great. I use petriā€™s now and I have the same contamination rate, which is low. never kept track out of it. My issue is rushing before its clean before going to grain 99% of the time. Iā€™m going to show you exactly like I did it. Pictures will be out of a SAB, cause of ease. Here we go :lol:

Go to kroger, walmart, any grocery store and go to picnic area and get these bad boys right here

I KNOW!!! the lids are not PP5, just hear me out my amazing community. This 50 pack will make 25 Crack Plates. You people are starting to figure it out arenā€™t you.

Step 1
Put a small hole under the edge, I use a small flat head screwdriver I heat on the stove.

Step 2
Micropore that sumbitch

Step 3
Make your agar however you want, whatever recipe. I made a cup at a time, made roughly 28-30. Pour into cups till the bottom is covered. I made my agar in a small pot and used a tablespoon to ladle out. I would usually let sit there for 5 min or so to cool, seemed to reduce condensation a bit.

Step 4
Snap lid on and cover with foil. This is important, must cover. Being the lids are NOT PP5, the foil causes the lid edges to curl under creating a nice seal. Tried to take picture, didnā€™t turn out well. Without foil, lids will fall off after PCing. After covering with foil place in PC and PC that shit. I use 4 rings and 3 aluminum foil balls and the trivet, wanna keep them out of boiling water.

Step 5
After PCing and cooling overnight. When you remove I turn and store them upside, you donā€™t have to. Here we go to the tricky where Iā€™m going to catch shit. :lol::lol::lol:

Step 6
Knockin this bitches up
Before placing inside SAB remove foil, keep upside down.
Wet a paper towel, place in your SAB center close to you. Take the lids you still have left over and wipe down with a iso rag, then place on wet iso towel inside part down. NOW once you have say 6 plates in your SAB and 6 freshly wiped lids on the towel, one by one WHILE remaining upside down take off lid and replace with new lid sitting it down right side down, donā€™t snap lid on yet. Now Swab it put you a transfer in it and watch it grow thru that beautiful window to the inside.

Sorry I donā€™t have more photoā€™s. Like I said, my first TEK. Donā€™t Slaughter me too badly. Mush Love to you all.

I copy and pasted if you have any questions please let me know. Iā€™ve made 300+ of these they work amazing. This is from the shroomery.org seriously one of the best mushroom forums. Itā€™s like overgrow but for mushrooms smart people laid back good community just didnā€™t want to post someone elseā€™s work

5 Likes

John Allen second flush throwing some monstersv

11 Likes

Check out these crazy fungi. https://images.app.goo.gl/vaVXjA1wfCbZeJfs7

2 Likes

First flush of one shoe box tub. John Allens

:mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

9 Likes

Just skimmed the thread, I may just get my feet wet and see what I can grow. Does anyone know if this outfit is a good one to get started with in Canada?

Although I will do some researching before I figure out what I want, I might just prime the pump asking about it here. It has been years (decades) since my mushroom days, a guy owed me some money and gave me a bag of mushrooms from BC. Boy I had a good time with them drinking beer in the bar. Although I enjoy a good time as much as anyone else here, I am ready to try mushrooms again and see if they could help me with my neuropathic pain issues. My nervous system got confused and now it thinks normal sensations are a threat and jacks up the pain signals to warn me I am doing something that is a danger to my health (ie, taking a hot shower). If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

2 Likes

I buy from mushy in Canada, edit sorry Mushly.com

1 Like

I am guessing these guys.

https://getmushy.ca/

2 Likes

Nope

Shop Psilocybin Spores - 100% Viable Psilocybe Cubensis Mushroom Spores - Mushly.

1 Like