Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

So much for Google being smarter than us. I’ll check them out.

2 Likes

Very nice flush! Roughly how much spawn did you use? And, did ya get a harvest weight? Those look amazing!

3 Likes

Still have another identical tub, stalled on the first flush. I used 5cc in a 3lb grain bag from Northspore. It made the two tubs “you see” along with half of a boomer bag of dung substrate. So, 1.25 lbs of substrate and 1.5 lbs of grain spawn per tub.

6 Likes

So my second flush of my 5 shoebox run of John allens just over 300g wet

10 Likes

Very nice! I wish I would’ve weighed my flush before drying so I had a rough i idea of what they weighed.

Now im kinda curious, I know between the different varieties having different characteristics and stuff… I wonder if any taste different than the others? I haven’t ever noticed a difference lol.

Also I was pretty out there last night, decided to eat about 3 grams of the dried mushies from my recent harvest, and boy was it fun. At one point, I took my ferret out to let him run around and that little fucker was funny as shit… just doing normal ferret things but he kept warping from place to place and I wanted to figure out how he unlocked that ability lol. Good times!

5 Likes

Pulled some more from my shoeboxes. So far I’ve pulled a total of 514.40 grams (wet) from my shoeboxes spanning 2 measly flushes. Should leave me with around 51.44 grams (dry). My cake which was just birthed and put into the fruiting chamber has yet to throw any pins. Based on how much I get from that, I may just resort to fruiting the BRF cakes directly in the future rather than shoebox them. Still not sure.

5 Likes

Not too shabby man!

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m pleased, but also disappointed. It’s one of those things where I’m happy with the results but also see all the places I could have done better (and gotten more yield).

3 Likes

I didn’t weigh mine either. I will weigh them dried after all three flushes. Running them straight thru.

2 Likes

The only reason I weigh mine wet is that it gives me a drying goal (~10% wet weight) so I have a better idea of when they’re at the final weight.

3 Likes

Yeah I get that, appreciate your accomplishments but only accept the best. That good, you will figure it out. For me I don’t get crazy yields because I don’t fill the tub up all the way so it will never produce as much, but I get more tubs that I can control.

3 Likes

Second flush of john Allen’s are much bigger. A couple of days ago, I put 5 cc of keepers creepers in a northspore 3lb grain bag.

7 Likes

Hey so if you weigh your harvest before you dry then multiply by .07 or 7% that will get you almost exactly what your dry weight will be. Lot of people say 10% of your wet weight well that will leave you disappointed EVERYTIME! I have tracked 100+ harvest in all manner of grows. Always between 6.8%-7.4% of total wet weight. So wet weight multiplied by 7% will get you close to your dry weight.

4 Likes

I like your approach! That is not a common way of spawning to fruit. I want to try. Do you use rye berries, wbs, whole oats? What’s your spawn to sub ratio? What variety and do you usually run shoeboxes in a fruiting chamber? I live in high plains desert so multiple flushes can not work so well in certain seasons. Thanks

3 Likes

Is there a print/swAb trade or giveaway thread? Or just have to run through this thread?

2 Likes

Do you only have the 2 holes on your fruiting chamber? I’m trying to run a monotub instead of a shoebox and looking at different set ups

3 Likes

It’s a 32QT tub. They sell them at Walmart. 4 - 2-inch holes. Front and Back about where the tray tops are. 2 more up high on each side. 1 - 1-inch for the fogger hose. 1 filter disc per hole and micropore tape around the hose. Inside tub trays are just tubs with lids that fit two in the bottom of Mono tub. :peace_symbol: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

4 Likes

Where did you get the filter disc’s?

3 Likes

I can’t remember, I think I got them off amazon. They have a sticky side. I still taped them.

I don’t think these are sticky ones. You have to tape them anyways, they don’t hold.

6 Likes

Cool thanks!

4 Likes