Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

Yeah man I use only popcorn or wild bird seed tek. I put in about 3 quarts sub to 1/2 to 1 qt spawn with a quart sub top layer. I find most types grow the same except for PE or APE which grow slower but honestly I haven’t tried yet. If I keep the top on I can get 2 flushes before I need to dunk the cakes.

4 Likes

I thought those were for gas exchange, I held off on getting some because I didn’t think there would be enough fae. It looks like they are working for you tho. Do you fan at all or keep it sealed the whole time?

4 Likes

I keep it sealed. I pop the top to pick my shrooms when they reach maturity and also to mist lid at night when going into dark period. I run the pets pioneer fogger for 5 mins every 2 hours with lights on 12 hours and at night 2 mins every 2 hours at lights off. I never fan. The fogger gives me air every 2 hours. Those filters are enough one per 2-inch hole. :peace_symbol:

Yes, it’s the same filter discs you use in mason jar lids.

(Distilled water only in fogger)

5 Likes

Those filter disks work great. They also have filter stickers now .03 microns pc’able and multiply uses.

5 Likes

I actually bought the sticky ones. They don’t hold well though, so I taped them.

4 Likes

Ok must have gotten different stickers. Mine are about the size of a USA nickel. I have some lids I’ve pc’d 10x+. I used on both sides of lids. I know some of them suggest you scuff the lid to help sticker stick. Little sandpaper I didn’t do that but maybe work. Although microspore tape just add another layer of filter.

3 Likes

Caught it fogging

My constant readings, temp drops to 70 at night.

3 Likes

Right in the middle of my second flush of John Allens.
The one really good thing about dailing in the fogger, is I don’t have to dunk my medium between flushes. I just run the fogger for 10 mins every hour for 4 hours and then reset to my normal 5 mins every 2 hours.

7 Likes

Flush #3 John Allen coming in!

11 Likes

Edit My 8-dollar Mini Hygrometer is fine. Turns out if the humidity is over 100 it turns off. lol

3 Likes

My first tub doesn’t seem like it’s going to give another flush, but the other tub that I had the green stuff in, has a bunch of little mushies starting in it.

I hit the entire tub with peroxide, then used a sterilized knife and spoon to remove the tiny infected area and an extra inch all the way around. And put fresh coco coir back in the missing hole. The mycelium looks to be taking over the new coir, and now we have babies popping up!

I’ll get a picture when I get a minute. My fiance was just really sick and now I’m deathly sick. Go figure, Just in time for Christmas lol.

7 Likes

Great save man!

4 Likes

I finished my second flush of John Allens. Much bigger cubes. Just turned the petspioneer fogger to medium setting for 10 mins every 30 mins for 5 hours. My goal is to bypass having to dunk tubs in water for a period of time. So my thought is keep them “moist” moist :rofl:Set back to low setting and 5 mins every 2 hours. Bring on flush 3. :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

14 Likes

4 5 6 and 7 :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Maybe we will see. 12 days to fruit. I will keep doing it until they stop popping.

4 Likes

Man you’re doing great with those, I’m tempted to try a similar setup. How is your fogger hooked up, to the top?

3 Likes

On the top of one side. Look closely to pic “see black hose” 1-inch circular bit seal around hose with micropore tape 1-inch width. The other four holes are 2-inch circular bit, filter discs taped to the outside hole. Front and Back low holes. Sides up high. :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

Suction cup holder for hose. The air comes in front/back low holes and exits the side top holes.

8 Likes

Okay I see now. Good work man thanks for the clarification

3 Likes

When you drill your holes, start the bit against the plastic and baby the trigger speed. If you don’t you will blow out a whole panel of the tub. I did on the first one. $13.87 gone in a blink. Hold a 2x4 on the inside to keep the plastic steady behind the circular drill bit. :peace_symbol:

6 Likes

Yeah thanks for the heads up, definitely don’t want to waste time and money

3 Likes