Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

This is the tub that I saved. It’s got mushies growing. I got some side pins as well unfortunately but… to think that this was going to get thrown out… I’d say it was a successful save. Merry Christmas!

11 Likes

Wet weight 79.9g

11 Likes

WoW! I’ve been away from here too long. You guys are killin’ it! If I can ever slow down on poppin’ seeds I’m gonna have to follow the lead you guys are giving!

Meanwhile, still old school, low-tech here…elephant shit & sprinklers! :rofl:

:call_me_hand:

13 Likes

Cool man :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Okay, need some ‘expert’ opinions; Anybody got an ID on these? I’m not gonna say what I believe they are as I don’t want to bias things in the replies. Growing on (mostly) elephant dung, with rice hulls and cow shit occasionally sprinkled over the top, twice daily sprinkler coverage in partially shaded light under trees. Inky purple spores and light blueish bruising on stem from light squeeze.

Eagerly awaiting replies! :rofl:

9 Likes

Im no expert lol. But maybe
Panaeolus Cyanescens?
Or Copelandia Cyanescens ?

3 Likes

3rd flush started in one tub of John Allens the other is lagging behind rotated in monotub again.

6 Likes

@ColeLennon the gift that keeps giving!
Congrats on a 3rd flush!

3 Likes

Thanks :sunglasses: I think after this one I will do a 2-3 hour dunk in tap water. See what else pops :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

3 Likes

It definitely seems like ya got dialed in! Great work!

3 Likes

It’s been a blessing, my adhd meds I started about 4 years ago. I have the ability today to read my plants and now my cubes much more accurately.

3 Likes

The third flush of the John Allens is coming in with much darker caps.

:mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

8 Likes

Noooooo the mean green

time to toss got two flushes 1.75 oz dried from that tub 2 flushes before contam eh I’ll take it👍

5 Likes

10 Likes

It’s hard to tell bud don’t know where you picked them from but look like Texas orange caps or gulf coast maybe?

1 Like

@ColeLennon Thanks, Haa, haa, haa! They spontaneously popped out of the elephant shit here in Southern Thailand. There are a few Psilly species that are commonly found in the elephant shit piles and a few others in buffalo & cow shit. I tend to mix the shits and deposit a layer around various spots in the garden where sprinklers hit and see what comes up.

5 Likes

The third flush of John Allens is coming in even bigger cubes :100: :fire: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

14 Likes

The other tub is starting its third flush. :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

7 Likes

Look at the size of first pop “cube” of this tubs third flush.

11 Likes

That’s a nice sized shroom there!

3 Likes