Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

It’s like a babies arm holding an apple` Goldfinger

3 Likes

Happy New Year Shroomies!

5 Likes

Alright I did my fareshare of cow pickins as a teenager just got my hands on a nice bag of these I’m like so unsure of how much to eat for a good January 1st night lol I don’t wanna go too far but I FORSURE don’t wanna go too low. I remember havin a nice time as a kid with 4 grams of cow shit shrooms. Do I go in that direction is there a big difference? Or is this stuff I shouldn’t ask on here?

8 Likes

The babies arm holding an apple was laying on its side this morning.
32.6 grams wet single cube John Allen 3rd flush first pop.

:mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

Northspore 3lb grain bags and 5lb dung substrate boomer bags are the shit literally. :100: :fire:

11 Likes

I’m using northspore 3lb grain bags and 5lb dung substrate boomer bags.They are spendy but :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:
Shop Sterile Mushroom Substrates | North Spore

2 Likes

I’m sold on these guys.

7 Likes

@420noob is a gentleman and a scholar… truly a class act!!!

Just in case any of y’all didn’t know.

I might have a plutonic crush on the man and I ain’t ever even seen him!!

Talk about a Fan if the Fun Guy… Fruiting Body Myc Master Flex and the Innoculation Station is my favorite album

8 Likes

fa0c4f393db3c25419e89b938131f88762c4eb1c_2_690x326

th-3564426580

4 Likes

Good stuff @ColeLennon

2 Likes

Thanks, going to see if these pop a fourth flush. I dumped some distilled water on tub one today. Tub two is finishing its 3rd flush.

14 Likes

those are showing out for you @ColeLennon, nicely done!
is this your 1st time with this strain? John Allen?

3 Likes

Yep, first time with the John Allens. I still have another 5CC in the crisper.

3 Likes

Damn, nice prints!
Very generous @420noob

That’s a giant shroom @ColeLennon
That single mushy was half of the weigh of my whole last flush lol! You aren’t kidding about that northspore substrate. Im jealous!

3 Likes

The last cube of flush 3 tub 2 are big. Here is the last of them.
Wet weight 32.7 grams
Seems you can burn them with low LED light. “I’m going to make sure my LED is set very low for pinning”. I may have shortened my yield by burning pins. The cap got so close to the top of monotub, she’s well done.
I poured some distilled water on top of tubs and I’m running my fogger every 30 mins for 5 mins on low, for the next 3 hours to rehydrate mycelium. Let’s see if she’s got another flush in her.

11 Likes

Yesterday I was bored so i made up 12 half pint BRF jars. Pressure cooker/canner sterilized for about 70 mins. Let them cool in there overnight, and just used about 7-8cc of the other Golden Teacher syringe I had from November. Saved lil over 2cc for Agar/ rainy day projects.

Wish me luck!.. now I gotta get more varieties and start about 36 more jars!

13 Likes

That’s the not fucking around mycelium jars. Right on man!!! :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

3 Likes

I dumped the excess water out of both tubs and rotated them yesterday. Lowered the intensity of my rechargeable led light. Set back on 5 mins on low every 2 hours. Spritz the top and front panel before lights off. Set for 2 mins on low every 2 hours until morning. Looks like I’m getting a fourth flush.

11 Likes

That’s awesome @ColeLennon !

Neither of my 2 tubs have given me more than 1 flush so far, but I suspect that’s due to not having much spawn in each. Each tub only had 1 colonized UB rice pouch in them so I’m thinking prob just not enough food for repeated flushes. The mycelium looks good, just nothing else popping up.

I’m gonna play with some of these jars, as in, leaving a couple to fruit directly from the colonized cakes, and then using maybe 3 for 1 monotub and 1 in a monotub and see if the ones with more spawn give consistent higher amounts per flush or just even more flushes in general. :wink:

4 Likes

Try northspore for grain and boomer bags. Changed the game for me.

5 Likes

Funny you should mention North Spore! I get their emails and came across their still air box. neat stuff!

Obviously cheaper to DIY, but for peeps like me and those that just don’t want to DIY, here ya go!

6 Likes