Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc šŸ„ (Part 1)

Iā€™ll definitely report back.

3 Likes

This sure has been my experience with Boomer Bags.

3 Likes

They look good but pretty expensive. Worth it for those flushes though!

3 Likes

Yea they seem like a good deal, especially with the results @ColeLennon is having. Those tubs seem to keep on pushing out big beauties!

3 Likes

Yeah, and I only use two of these in the bottom of my 32QT monotub.
Itā€™s crinkled that reads 11 3/4" L x 7 1/8" W x 3 1/4" H
I only put two layers, grain spawn on the bottom, layer of boomer, another layer of grain spawn and topped with boomer. So about 2.5 inches.

5 Likes

Flush 4, tub 2 is starting to pin.

11 Likes

First few pins - yay, these are Golden Teachers
Two tubs, I thought it would be better to contain any contaminants - if one looks off It can be thrown with minimal impact on the other - each tub is sitting in a big bag with breathable ports, and they are both sitting in a big heated tub set a 26.

Hopefully back in a couple of days with a progress pic

take care
Z

6 Likes

@blowdout2269 I second that you should give it a try. Piece of advice though if you are being clean as you can be, be cleanerā€¦ Lol close to sterile an aseptic as you can manage at homeā€¦ SAB or oven Tek works good for me, I canā€™t believe all the materials I had purchased to build a flowhood were stolen with my seeds, tools, solar power system and damn near everything elseā€¦ Luckily some amazing OVERGROWers have sent me some beans to get restarted at my growingā€¦ @420noob even sent me some spore prints and culturesā€¦

Annnnnyyyyywayyyy, onwards and upward! Like the man said :
"ā€¦donā€™t worry, about a thingā€¦ cause every little things,gonna be alright!!.."
ā€¦

ā€¦

PS:

@ColeLennon thatā€™s not bad for half pints!!!

6 Likes

Probably was more like a 1/4 ounce

2 Likes

SAB, oven Tek, flowhood?
Yup, Iā€™m obviously on another planet atm, lol.

But yes, sterile is important and easy for me. Iā€™m quite ODC with the cleanliness of my grow space. Iā€™ve also brewed alot of beer, which also requires clean equipment and a sterile space.

4 Likes

Sab has worked great for me. Flowhood is the way to go but that is a little $$. Iā€™ve seen people build their own for about half the price. Good luck your ocd will serve you well in this journey. Sterile work is 100% the name of the game until you spawn to substrate.

5 Likes

Just tried the PK tek. We shall seeā€¦
I also have a grow bag Iā€™m trying.
This is it so far.:point_down:

7 Likes

Cool, I am really getting into my little monotub. :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

3 Likes

I tried mushys on advice of a friend. I couldnā€™t believe how well they worked on my neurological disorder!
Iā€™m hooked!! :mushroom::mushroom::mushroom:

4 Likes

They work, so much for me. I use them for a reset. They only way I can explain it. Itā€™s like doing a fresh start function on Windows 10 Pro. I use them to treat depression/anxiety PTSD/OCD/ADHD. Itā€™s a miracle and Iā€™m getting into having multiple strains so I can rotate strains like I do with my homemade gummies. Keeps my tolerance in check.

6 Likes

Good to know. I donā€™t know much about species, yet.
Iā€™ve done ā€œBlue Meaniesā€ , ā€œRustā€ and now have one called ā€œCreeperā€
Learning along the wayā€¦:thinking:

4 Likes

I got Creeper building mycelium in northspore 3 lb grain bag right now. They are deck next. I just ordered spores of Penis Envy and Florida White f+

5 Likes

Let me know how your ā€œCreeperā€ does. I just did the jars yesterday.

Iā€™ve heard crazy stories about the ā€œPenis Envyā€! Then I read yaā€™ll doing 5 Grm at a time! Hell Iā€™d be tripping bad! I only do 3/4 - 1 Gram and it sets me off! Now Iā€™m a total newbie, too! Lol

4 Likes

Mushrooms are considered by variety like cannabis has strains. I have a lot of prints if you want to try different grows. The pf Tek did you use a humidity chamber, mono, or shotgun fruiting chamber to fruit your cakes? Penis envy on its crosses are more potent than regular cubes. They grow a lot slower

4 Likes

I use 1/2 gram when I first try a strain and go to about 1 gram. I like to dose my gummies like 10 MGs of Obama Kush when I eat and drink my shroom tea. That way the shrooms kick in first and 30 mins later the gummies. yeee Haaaaa Iā€™m a light weight too.

3 Likes