Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

@ColeLennon what kind of light and how long do you leave it on in fruiting?

4 Likes

IMG_20230110_173840 flush #5 not so spectacular but hey 2.75 oz from 1 mycoquart in a 12 qt tub I’m happy

7 Likes

They like 5500-6500k and 12/12 works great so basically t5
In my experience but I haven’t played with lighting just stuck to the “standard”

6 Likes

Thank you! @420noob
I’m not there yet. But soon. :crossed_fingers:
Want to be prepared and compare to what I’ve read with someone with experience.
I appreciate all the help! :v:

6 Likes

100% I’ve seen AA the big blue book grow and anything else you can think of Google novelty mushroom grows. I scour every store looking at tubs and tubs with seals and jars l

5 Likes

Those weird energy savings bulbs that have the screw looking glass work in one of these

I’ve seen people set them right on top of the bigger tubs.

6 Likes

I’m what you used to be! Lol
That’s me now! 🫣🤣

3 Likes

@ColeLennon have you ever fruited like a mycopint in a small Tupperware container placed inside a ziplock with holes. Pretty slick works great to run out small batch to pull clones from.
@Bobgrows you will get it. I better with in a year your set up is going to rock. I see you building your own flowhood and customizing your tubs so they are dialed in perfectly I have no doubt of this.lol. When I don’t have my full spectrum light bulbs in those they are still what I use until I get a new couple new t5 fixtures burned mine out.lol

4 Likes

I bought these, will be 2 years old in April. You can hold the on button to raise or lower the intensity from lowest to highest and in between. I have figured out they like the lowest setting on top of my 32QT monotub. If it’s too high, it burns pins before they can form. I burnt a big one.

:mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :
I run them from 8AM to 8PM. Dark I shut the closet, spritz the hood and front panel and change fogger to 2 mins every 2 hrs on low, 8AM lights on reset fogger to 5 mins every 2 hrs. On low. The last 12 hours on low with one charge. I have two. Just swap them out every night at lights off. I have the 6000K brighter white. The next pair I’m going to buy 3000K softer white.

5 Likes

I haven’t, I have used two tubs/with a fogger

2 Likes

You guys with the foggers and the light setups :sweat_smile:. I just dub tub mine and neglect them till harvest, then soak overnight and put back into fruiting. I place them on a shelf that gets some light spillage from my veg tent, that’s it. No misting at all if you get the moisture levels right in your substrate, and the surface has lots of micro droplets. I use CVG with cubes, no manure for cubes. All the modern teks says to save the manure for other species, or if you’re really dialed in and want to push the max out of each bin.

4 Likes

Thank you for all that!
I do have a fogger. Just wasn’t sure on the lighting.

4 Likes

Yeah, this tub, I can do that if I fill the whole bottom with the substrate on top of a liner. I like to use two little tubs that sit in the bottom. It’s easier for me anyways, I like the fogger. It’s working nice since I dialed it in.

I’m considering making an identical tub and sitting them side by side with the fogger in between behind them and use my dual connecter and a hose for each monotub.

7 Likes

thank you sir!
I have to say your John Allens are going crazy, common 5th Flush!

4 Likes

Agree I wouldn’t begin to know when to use fogger either. I’m dub tubber myself invthe desert no less. The best way for a person to grow is the method that works best in their situation. So what works best for an individual is the best way. To each their own.

5 Likes

I can tell you in my 32QT monotub with 4-2 inch holes with 1 filter disc each. and my two tubs in there. I have put a Hygrometer in there. Petspioneer fogger on low 5 mins every 2 hours and 2 mins every 2 hours at dark it runs 89% humidity. I mist the hood and front panel at night. I don’t think I need to, but I do it at night at lights out.

3 Likes

Look what I got.

Penis Envy 6
Florida White F+

Creepers on deck

Penis Envy 6 Spore Syringe - 100% Viable Psilocybe Cubensis Mushroom Spores - Mushly.
Florida White (F+) Spore Syringe - 100% Viable Psilocybe Cubensis Mushroom Spores - Mushly.

12 Likes

You every try mushroom man mycology he has a nice list and great freebies. Super cool honesty dude. Just fyi

5 Likes

I’ve been using mushly for 2 years. Haven’t had one problem. If it’s not broke, well you know.

3 Likes

Ive never used him, but I was thinking about doing my next purchase with him.

3 Likes