Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

And we’re back on earth lol. Pretty good trip last night.
Mild visuals lots of euphoria.

I plan on using 1 or 2 of the jars after fully colonized to use for transfers. Just gotta make up more jars :slight_smile:

8 Likes

But it’s not grain it’s brf cake to grain. Basically the same but I never thought of mixing the 2 was how I got into grains. That way it could try grains without doing agar work with a high no contam rate. Just something I picked up to help me grow it the hobby.
“Hoping for these to open up so I can pull them all and properly soak the block before the next flush” @zaboot that is a nicely full flush. You might want to do a partial harvest let the little pins grow up then soak for next flush. The soak will turn any pins to aborts. Just my .02$
How do I cut and paste so it showsa a post so I don’t have to do this👆

2 Likes

Oh I see, makes sense. Yes I always save one jar for g2g, and unless I contam, I always have more going unless I for some reason want to try a different kind for the next run.

If you are using a phone, just hold down your finger on one of the words on someone’s post, and it will say ‘quote’ on the screen. Just highlight as much of the post you want and hit the quote button.

3 Likes

That’s what I thought lol it said quote" but when I pasted it didn’t say put it as a quote I had to add the " and name.🤷 I’ll figure it out thanks. I probably hit a wrong button.lol fat fingers

1 Like

I have heard of many people using it though. Another way to store is make a tinure using high proof grain alcohol 190 proof. Grind up mushies out in jar add alcohol wait 3 months or so will see purple suspended in the middle of the jar. All good stuff concentrated and suspended in grain alcohol then use a syringe suck out purple. I’ve seen it keep for as long as 5 years.

6 Likes

Huh, that’s all I ever have to do.

1 Like

John Allens flush 6 both tubs. Definitely the last flush slim pickins

9 Likes

Some is always better than none I suppose! :laughing:

5 Likes

I wonder how much you got total just from 1 single tub. Have you been keeping track of them individually by chance?

4 Likes

I haven’t. I will weigh them all dried. :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

3 Likes

lovely run for sure - that tub was the gift that kept giving - lovely job :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Thank you, I’m really glad I still have 5 CC’s of that spore syringe in my crisper. :100:

4 Likes

So this morning I awoke to some decent sized mushies - these are the biggest I have had to date, they all came from teh tub that I watered 3 days ago as it looked dry.
To cater for the dryness, I have wet both the cakes using 20ml of plain water in to each tub, it got soaked up pretty quickly and the fresh growth does not look as malnourished as they the older stuff.

So, due my noob’iness I dont know if what has happened now would be classed as the first full flush? Either way, I am delighted

19 Likes

Awesome job @Zaaboot
I would call that a flush!

Here’s one of my minis lol
Had to give it a misting as it looked slightly dry, will be making up a fruiting chamber to hold these minis then i can leave the lids off.

9 Likes

I feel like a proud father now - cant stop smiling!
Cheers for confirming

6 Likes

Good Job!! Definitely a flush. :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :peace_symbol:

6 Likes

That’s a first flush growmie. All the other pins that fill out until you dunk will be first flush. I only say that because the dunk will usually abort any pins that remain. Don’t worry you will lose some pins not a big deal.:grin:

Those minis you are running @zaaboot are neat. They are small enough to fit in a 3gal ziplock that you can use as a fruiting chamber. Works pretty slick just poke a couple small holes in the bag and voila fruiting chamber. Sorry just ideas abound when I see things.
Everyone’s grows are looking good. Congrats and enjoy the fruits of your labor!

6 Likes

My agar cups from the prints you sent. @420noob :pray:

I have 3 out of 4 good. :grin: 1 contaminated with green slime…:smirk:

11 Likes

@Bobgrows did you pour the agar? Or make it in the little cups b4 sterilizing? Also, did you go straight from the print to agar? Or made a syringe to agar?

5 Likes

Made the agar , sterilized in a mason jar, then poured into condiment cups inside a still box.
Yes from print to agar after it cold completely. @Illicitmango

7 Likes