Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

Nice! Looking very good. With agar if it contams you cut a little slice of clean leading edge mycelium, if you can, then transfer to a clean plate. Thatvis how you clean up dirty agar with transfers. Just fyi agar is a game changer. I make 20-40 cups at a time and store in cupboard. That way always ready if you need to make a transfer or tissue to make clones.

8 Likes

Ooohh! And I thought it was trash!
I will give it a try. Thank you!

6 Likes

That is what makes agar a game changer. You can clean up the dirtiest of prints. Works great with fresh prints since they to contam more.There is something to watch thought mycelium can get weaker as stretched. I mean like 10-15 transfers or more. I haven’t dealt with this but I’ve read many write ups on it.

6 Likes

Good to know.
I haven’t found “How to make a print?” Any pointers?

5 Likes

Pick shroom. Carefully cut cap and set on foil in a s.a.b. let cap dry 5 to 10 days remove cap carefully fold foil to cover print ad label

6 Likes

What’s an s.a.b?

4 Likes

Still air box. Or this works cover with bowl or tub

With prints you can to use to grow use foil.

7 Likes

Oooh! Lol I have one of those. :grin:

4 Likes

Yea I’m gonna take the plunge into agar sometime this week, maybe tomorrow. I have the stuff, just havent attempted yet.
@Bobgrows I’d say your agar looks great!

6 Likes

I’m enjoying this thread and will make another attempt sometime in a few months. My 1st go around wasn’t what I would call a real success but I did end up with a few. Well, it was close to a failure :joy:

5 Likes

Thank you! Just made 20 more agar cups. Now I’m stocked for anything. Lol

7 Likes

I’ve seen people use wine glasses or even a whiskey glass.

4 Likes

Makes sense. Just something to keep it covered. I think I got this… lol
We shall see when I get my first good flush.

5 Likes

@Bobgrows what recipe/ type of agar mix did you end up going with?

5 Likes

6 Gr. Potato buds
8 Gr. Agar powder
4 Gr. Corn syrup
2C. Water
Mix . Put in mason jar . Pressure cook for 90 minutes at 15 #

5 Likes

Oh ok, thanks! I read about many different kinds/mixes that people use so I was just genuinely curious what you decided to go with.

I need to start agar, I believe I may have some mushies coming shortly from my mini tubs. Unlike last flush, I must have agar ready this time!

5 Likes

You can use brf, malt extract, potatoe flakes, karo syrup evenvit just needs a foid source.

5 Likes

New kit has explosive growth! Best one I’ve done so far (this is my 4th kit). The wife should have plenty to eat and my girls will have a boost in Co2.

12 Likes

Pink oysters from back to the roots

4 Likes

John Allens’ tub 2 flush 6 is finishing up. I turned the fogger off last night. Misting the lid and front panel. Letting substrate dry. With any luck maybe a flush 7.

10 Likes