Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc šŸ„ (Part 1)

Damn @ColeLennon they just keep pumpin them out!
Thatā€™s insane! Awesome job

3 Likes

Thanks, I picked these off and cleaned the tubs. Put the substrate in my outdoor 30-gallon pot. Cleaning the monotub and putting my two creeper tubs in there with the lids on.

5 Likes

Just got my minis set up in their new FC. I plan on making a couple more holes in the sides, itā€™s a 105qt tote.

6 Likes

Are those takeout containers?! I never thought of using thoseā€¦

Almost perfectly built for mushroomsā€¦black on the bottom, clear on the top. You just blew my mind.

6 Likes

Yup they are! My fianceā€™s mother just gave me about 25 more too! I figured Iā€™d try many smaller tubs that way i donā€™t have all of my spawn in one container just in case something goes south Iā€™m not losing everything

Also, I didnā€™t have much spawn that was ready so I split it up between four mini containers but my 12 jars are just about done colonizing lol. Fun times ahead

7 Likes

Looking forward to seeing how those work out for you.

4 Likes

I like it man!!! :100: :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Clean and dry monotub. My creeper tubs are 4 days in since layering. Have them in the monotub in the closet ready to pop the lids when my shit goes white.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve been thinking a lot about a bigger tub lately.

3 Likes

i just got my first inflatable mono tub, iā€™m in Denver and looking for best liquid to inoculate with. itā€™s so hard deciding. lol

3 Likes

You would be surprised what people use to grow in. Look up novelity mushroom grows it blew my mind. I saw one where he sterilized and used AA big blue book as a substrate to grow cubes. Kept it in the ziplock and use lc to noc it up. There is the dirty dish towel grow just about anything you can think of multiplied by 100. Good stuff nice looking grows yā€™all.

5 Likes

Are you going to make another go at Mazatepec?

3 Likes

Im excited for these damn jars to finish. I feel like a kid in a candy store lol. Iā€™m going to see how these minis turn out and if all goes well Iā€™m hoping to do a ā€œbunchā€ of them.

The ultimate goal is to get these first 12 jars all set up, some to minis, some to regular shoeboxes, then make up the other 24 jars for the other varieties I recieved. Maybe grab even more jars from the storeā€¦ with as long as it takes to colonize I feel like i might as well do a shit ton :innocent:

4 Likes

You should fruit a couple of those cakes as cakes. Lot less chance of contams and its a good teacher for maintaining surface conditions and just watching and learning. If you are interested not this run maybe next I can kay out how to turn a ziplock into a small fruiting chamber perfect for cakes or 8 cup tubs.
You jars were looking good last pick.

6 Likes

Thanks @420noob hereā€™s a pic from yesterday, theyā€™re getting close!

8 Likes

I get excited watching my mycelium grow too.

5 Likes

very nice @ColeLennon - that Allens block you have, once spent if you spread it around your city it will carry on flushing :rofl: absolutely superb the way they keep on coming.
Good luck with teh creepers - hoping they give you the same as the Allens

@Illicitmango - genius idea for mini tubs :raised_hands:

Reading about everyone making their own agar and syringes and stuff has me thinking, I really must give it a go - looks like it is very enjoyable and rewarding!

Z

4 Likes

Ok so my red shoebox, the one that I was going to throw out but then gave me a few extra mushiesā€¦ same thingā€¦ I had it sitting in a different closet isolated and went to grab it to go throw it out and once again thereā€™s a couple more mushrooms growing in it lol. Thatā€™s 2 times now, right before being removed, the tub decided to show life.

Nothing special, just funny how 2 times now I was going to throw it in the compost pile and it produces something. I feel like the mycelium/mushies are reading my mind!

8 Likes

Not just yet, as I donā€™t have any. @420noob sent me some spores (you rock!), so Iā€™ll take a shot at those. Going to start up a grow in mid-March so that Iā€™m not spawning just before I head out on vacation.

3 Likes

I put the contents of the John Allen tubs out on top of my 30-gallon pots of coco. This spring I am replacing the pots with new pots and reusing my coco/peat/perlite. I will just mix my tubs in.

5 Likes