Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

That surface is way to dry. Soak your tub then it will reset the substrate. You should be ablevto pull 4 flushes. They keep going until they contam or the only put out a few like @ColeLennon has on his 6th flush I think. Soak for an hour drain and cover. When you notice there is no water droplets on the surface mist lightly until you see the water droplets sitting on surface. That will get your substtrate rocking again. Fine mist sprayers are really the best way to get lots of small droplets on surface. Droplets lead to evaporation which is what stimulates the mycelium

8 Likes

Making up and knocking up jars just before you go on vacation is a great idea! That way it is forced patience. instead of checking everyday for little growth you come back and WoW you see colonization.

7 Likes

Yesterday vs today

12 Likes

Those are cool man :100:

4 Likes

Wow! That’s so cool.
Is that why they call them " Magic Mushrooms "? Lol :rofl:
They magically grow in hours! :thinking::rofl:

It’s so hard NOT checking on them constantly :smirk::v::mushroom:

7 Likes

I check mine 2 times a day to mist down with water. It’s so impressive the output these little things have! It’s nice having something that gives you results in 2 weeks instead of 4 months haha

9 Likes

Isn’t it Tho?

5 Likes

Better than mixing everything to fruit, and having them fruit while your out of town :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I need your opinions…
This is my first bag. Is it time to fruit or should I leave it longer? It spawned I mixed this is the second cycle I guess you call it…:woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

I try to let it go until it’s stringy on the sides. Kinda like webs. I’ve fruited earlier though. John allens one tub was stringy and the other more like yours there. They both fruited well.

7 Likes

Thank you. I don’t want to rush the process but then again…I want to rush the process.

5 Likes

Oh I know lol

4 Likes

Common practice is once you see it colonized 100% wait at least a week for it to consolidate. That way is completely colonized all the way through. It going to do it either way so better to do in sterile jar than to spawn to substrate which can slow consolidation or give contams a chance to take hold. Well established mycelium can power through some small contams

9 Likes

Thank you for all your help and information! :pray::mushroom:

4 Likes

Very useful info - I think that is where I let myself down in the past, eagerness, a week after I think it is ready has to be the way to go

5 Likes

It’s a lot like when you first start growing weed. You think it’s ready, take pics, set your chop day, post your pics and… 2 more weeks ya 2 more weeks at least 2 more weeks imo3-4 weeks crushed.lol. It takes time but the mushrooms will fruit when ready. Take time if you aren’t sure wait a week. If everything is clean it won’t contam for a long time, multiple months, so leaving a little longer won’t hurt you like to soon.
Sent @mrtoast some prints and he came through with some fire seeds.

thanks been wanting a good skunk.

14 Likes

Creeper colonization does not fuck around. Day 6

12 Likes

Not living up to its namesake.lol. Maybe it’s the effects creeper on you. Either way looking good man.:+1:

4 Likes

Looking great @ColeLennon that creeper is moving fast!

My ‘junkyard’ shoebox has 3 mushies growing lol
Only 2 were pictured though.

And… Mini tub#2 is starting to show baby pins!

Excited :blush:

12 Likes

Nice man!!! :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

3 Likes