Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc šŸ„ (Part 1)

Nope, so far Iā€™ve grown z-strain, mazatat (mazatepec x TAT), Koh samui, and phobos (albino mars isolate). First time with starry night and albino hillbilly in the shoe boxes I have colonizing now. I still need to pasteurize more coir and mix up the albino trinity and another batch of phobos.
I have swabs from people on shroomery, havenā€™t even attempted them yet, still going through culture plates I got from IG.

4 Likes

I have Phobos that is a cool looking shrooms. That maz x tat was that a hard one to grow? Can you grow like cube or does it need pasteurized substrate like you said just coir or do you add manure? I use Damion 50/50 bucket Tek I know some strains need special substrate or is it just personal preference?

5 Likes

I crumble the BRF cakes by hand when spawning to the coir in a shoebox. Iā€™ll eventually be using grains, had good luck so far with making the BRF so just been running that until I either run out or pick up other stuff lol.

4 Likes

Itā€™s great way to go. Brf is more nutritious than any grain just doesnā€™t have the protective shell like grains do so thatā€™s where the cakes come in handy. They were my trial and error method for anything I had issues with Iā€™d go back to pf Tek. Imo itā€™s the best learning block to growing well at least what I know of. You are killing it though looking good.

2 Likes

Naw, just another cube. I got a leucistic variety that will likely have some albinos if the spores from it were grown out, at least the guy who I got the culture from did.
From the first time I grew this culture, the purple caps are covered with spores

15 Likes

Nice fruits! @Seamonkey84
I have TAT on agar currently. I love everything having GT in its lineage.

2 Likes

lovely mushies @Seamonkey84 - the colours look great

I am really pleased with my playing around trying to get the knack of this - so I made some spore prints a few weeks ago, on Tuesday I made up a spore syringe and put a few CC in to some bird seed jars - a few days later they have started to work their stuff - so pleased :partying_face:
Not a lot but it has started

The tubs are working, picked a few more this morning

Yesterday, I tried my hand at making some LC - I made up the jar lids myself, used water and corn syrup as the base, and injected 1 jar with Red Reishi and the other with Lions mane

It is making me laugh so much - from thinking I would give one grow in the bag a try to get some shrooms for microdosing, to having about 16 jars full of grains, agar dishes galore, spore prints and so on - this is more Pringles than Pringlesā€¦love it

10 Likes

What bird seed mix are you using.

3 Likes

its what is available at the local shop - it does have black sunflower in which I take out, most of them float when I am soaking them so pretty easy - this has:
Wheat, Black Sunflower, Split Maize, Red Dari, Groats, White Millet

2 Likes

Taman Negara

11 Likes

Those look sharp.

2 Likes

Sunflower seeds are fine itā€™s the corn being split might be an issue. Usually finch seed is alright Milo, millet, and sunflower seeds. No fruit nuts split or unhulled,because it will make it very gummy and wonā€™t be able to shake it, grains. Calcium carbonate is in alot thatā€™s ok

4 Likes

@seamonkey84 good to know on the Lions Mane - I will keep them set aside for a few weeks and see if they take.

@420noob thanks again - not sure why I took them out, but seems everyone else was so I did, if it is mainly teh split corn I should worry about I will try to find a better mix or stat making my own mix up - should be easy enough.

a few more shrooms this morning - tubs over bags for sure - not had shrooms as big or a oten out of a bag

16 Likes

Florida white f+ have been colonizing for 10 days. Started fruiting today. I donā€™t have much time to mess with these. Try and get 2-3 flushes. Itā€™s Outdoor time.

11 Likes

Those are colonizing nicely its little early to put into fruiting conditions. If you do that before itā€™s ready you can end up with a half ass first flush or will take just as long because has to finish colonizing. Time restraints suck but I bet you can pull a couple of flushes. If not you can move them outside and they can fruit more outside.

5 Likes

I put many of my shoeboxes directly into ā€œfruitingā€ conditions after being mixed. Though thatā€™s just leaving one side of lid unlatched, and havenā€™t had an issue. Many on the shroomery now refer to it as ā€œgrowingā€ conditions.

5 Likes

Interesting. I may have to try this sometime.

3 Likes

Ya I know bodi and shaperdreaming both were going with that as well. I keep it separate because itā€™s easier to explain. I like her sff smallformfactor way of averaging 4 flushes a week if you choose to expand that far. I wish I could just leave it cracked here but rh is around 15-24%. I tried rr sgfc and wow my cakes were dry like every 4 hrs. Lmao it was a battle the I found matejas water tub Tek and boom was getting it. Anyways I leave top clicked on shoebox once pinning I just set it on no click, once the shrooms touch the top dub that bitch. Sb are great for space I was thinking of trying 3 in a unmod tub.idk

4 Likes

Third culture of cordyceps finally shipped, once it gets here Iā€™ll be starting a side by side grow of 3-4 different cultures, then I hope to do some Spore mixing to make fresh genetics to continue. Iā€™ll be growing them on a brown rice cooked with nutrient broth, and I also have a bunch of hornworm pupas to turn into ā€œzombiesā€. Hope I get them fruited before it gets too warm, otherwise I might just get a fridge to convert.

5 Likes

14 Likes