Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

Ya with tubs weight/feel is the best way to go or you can end up with mushy soggy center and your yields will show it also primed for contams. I’ve found after first flush a decent spray down to soak a little from top down is the most you need. After the second flush you’ll notice how light it is. Good luck!

5 Likes

Prob just another two days
Albino hillbilly

12 Likes

Have my sterile water cooling down in the syringe right now. (Using Bod’s Tek for Making Spore Syringes)

After lunch, will be making a 20 ml spore syringe with Natalensis spores which were graciously sent to me by @420noob.

Then, will be making up the BRF jars on Wednesday.

8 Likes

Killer :mushroom: :sunglasses: :metal:

4 Likes

Slight change in plans. Spore syringe has been made, and is currently wrapped up and resting for the next two days, letting the spores rehydrate. However, when I opened the foil packet for the Natalensis, there was nothing in there! Don’t know what happened to that one, but no worries, I used the spore print for the McKennaii (also graciously sent by @420noob) instead. That was a nice, large, dark print.

Can’t wait to try these out!

5 Likes

That’s an amazing pinset that is gonna be a big flush. Is that a 6qt tub or bigger?

3 Likes

Sorry of the the nat prints were very very light so possible. I have multiple prints of nats so shoot me your addy and I’ll get another. You’ll like the McKenaii

3 Likes

That’s a 6 or 7qt shoebox. Didn’t fill them very much, each jar of millet was a bit under filled after the No prep tek I followed, will add more next time. The instructions for the oats filled it out much better. I’m thinking of blending some millet in with the oats, might as well since I have both and don’t really plan on doing master jars and G2G bulk grows.

2 Likes

No worries about the Nat print, and no need to send more. I’m planning to make prints going forward, and my goal is to not be a strain-aholic like I am with cannabis seeds.

In other news, went to go make my BRF jars and found out that I didn’t have enough BRF. So, a day delay while I pick up some more. No big deal, just a bit of a disappointment. In the meantime, the syringe is sitting and the spores are rehydrating.

5 Likes

Tell me about it, I have a handful of spores already while I still have like 4 cultures on agar that I haven’t grown out yet :face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes

got my first spores in Jan of 23 already got this whole room just for :mushroom: :mushroom: here are some pics

11 Likes

That’s What’s Up!!! Nice space :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :peace_symbol:

4 Likes

thanks i have bin reading along you do a great job cant wait to see what ya do outside this year

3 Likes

where sell spore?

2 Likes

This last winter was the first time I really did anything worth a shit. :rofl: Going to have florida white f+ pins any day. It’s cool your diving in like this. Props. :sunglasses: :metal: :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

i had lot of luck first couple tubs i did got 2 gal ziploc full of golden teachers and couple quart jars full of luquistic ecuador got some uncut pe and some blue meanies thats suppose to be nats cant wait to see how they turn out

4 Likes

@420noob i just checked, I’m using 6qt shoeboxes. They’re the ones with a clear lid

The starry night (left) and mazatat are coming along as well. I just unlatched the lid for the mazatat since the hillbilly will be ready soon. Not sure if I should do the same with the starry night box, it’s a APE pheno so I know it’s going to be slow either way.

Also, since I ran out of pasteurized coir when I spawned these, I had two jars that I hadn’t mixed yet. Well…

Looks like I should get on pasteurizing more coir/CV.

12 Likes

Still poor planning here. Brown rice flour arrived and I was getting ready to make up 24 jars. Oops, not enough verm. Had enough to put together 13 jars. Oh well.

Next round will be planned better, but 13 jars is better than none.

7 Likes

Bring on the pins

10 Likes

I just received some spores…now what do I do. Lmao

6 Likes