Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc šŸ„ (Part 1)

I found this out the hard way, thanks for the info on rectifying the problem :+1:

I thought it was just the wrong type of plastic. I got petri dishes to sort out that problem in the end, but they are way more exspensive than the little plastic condiment containers.

5 Likes

If anyone here is able to find some morels that arenā€™t associated with trees, please try to get a tissue culture going, Iā€™d love to trade. Like ones that pop up in lawns and mulch beds. Iā€™ve heard fresh cultures look different from all the aged ones that have been available through many vendors. They grow out and stay mostly white instead of being brown. A local source has a local culture available, but they want more than Iā€™m willing to spend for an agar plate. I donā€™t have much hopes of finding one myself.

3 Likes

If pcā€™ing the condiment cups you also HAVE to put foil on top because the lids are not pp5. You can use the lids more than once in a PC I havenā€™t used more than 3x. I leave the foil on until I need to use the cup then when I transfer I put a new lid on that seals properly.
@Seamonkey84 I know a few people who hunt and culture Iā€™ll ask and see what I can do.

5 Likes

That is so cool! Of course growing next to my 90"s Kush! Lol

4 Likes

Yeah I did wrap the whole thing in tin foil, the tops would be OK, but the bottoms would be all bent out of shape and melted looking, thatā€™s why I change up to petri dishes.

2 Likes

This morning harvestā€¦

John Allens

18 Likes

Beautiful! I really like that second one. Its nice and pointy

5 Likes

Thank you!
Yes a few where really pointyā€¦

3 Likes

Nice. I love John Allens. Micro dosed them Sunday. They make me feel so good the following day. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

My favorites are the Costa Rican, MK and the John Allen

4 Likes

I think your best bet is image search on the Google machine.lol @bobgrows look nice lady! That a very familiar line up of varities :thinking: almost deja Vu ish :rofl::rofl::rofl: glad they are serving you well! So Iā€™m waiting for a drop in the weather before I send the lc out itā€™s been hitting mid 90ā€™s by the airport and I donā€™t know how long they will last exposed to those temps.

5 Likes

They should be . All strains from you @420noob.
I appreciate all youā€™ve done for me! :v:

5 Likes

I also harvested some today, though I didnā€™t take many pics

Also started the cordyceps project a few days ago.

15 Likes

Iā€™ll be watchingā€¦but with my eyes covered ! Lol
Itā€™s creepy and awesome at the same time!
Very curious too seeā€¦I think :thinking:

7 Likes

6 Likes

Well itā€™s natural ā€œpest controlā€, those are tomato horn worms after they pupate, a gardenerā€™s nightmare. although these were farm raised and sold as reptile food.

4 Likes

Makes me think of Silence of the Lambs.

4 Likes

those Cordyceps jars are epic!

3 Likes

Is that your second flush? Looking good and canā€™t wait to watch mycelium eat the worm!
@Shadey the only things I e ever used for petri is a half pint jar or condiment cups. Never had a cup melt but was told put small hole on the side cover with mp tape then cover with top with foil and it wonā€™t deform. They are pp5 so they heat isnā€™t the issue itā€™s the pressure. Putting a small hot screwdriver through the side stops this. They are cheap and can use a few time.

5 Likes

Funny you say that. Cuz I just watched it last night. Been a while. I totally forgot that Ted Livine was Buffalo Bill, lol.

2 Likes