Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc šŸ„ (Part 1)

sounds lovely :partying_face: - 8g seems a lot, what would that be comparative to in say an Golden Teacher

2 Likes

Probably about 8 grams for the most part. A cube is a cube so basically same will be some potency differences and how it effects you but it would be about the same. Mckennai arenā€™t a pe variety so basic cube. Now he made a tea so the come up was probably fast and hard with a 4-6 hour trip. Different if you make tea, eat fresh, ground up in capsules, or just much em down. They will all hit you differently depending do to absorption rate and surface area. Best advice if it seems a lot work your way up. 8-10 grams is a good time if you are in right head space and know you can. Some people 4 grams sends them off completely other people 4 grams is a go out to the bar does so itā€™s very personal experiment have fun but be careful.

6 Likes

I have heard that some cultures will be a bit stronger than others, itā€™s in the genetics of the spores that paired up. Sometimes it takes a bit of pheno hunting or just growing out different set of spores. Like plants, if the spore vendor isnā€™t selecting from the more potent cultures, itā€™s going to be less likely to get a strong set of fruits from them.

3 Likes

Exactly. This is why producers isolate sectors and search for a high yielding expression that has a high potency. Mushrooms are more diverse than plants and some mushrooms have been show to have over 17,000 distinct sexes :exploding_head:

4 Likes

Isolates and clones are great but isolates can be extremely better in every way!

2 Likes

5 grams of pe psilocybe cubensis - 1inch jello shots

My hats off to all you growers- I tried; itā€™s a lot like work. However Iā€™ve been a long time fan of your produce :+1:t3: :wheel_of_dharma: :v:

11 Likes

Albino hillbilly

Phobos- finally got the surface conditions under control, temp swings, high ambient humidity, and accidentally dumping all the condensation on the lid right into the box

11 Likes

Lmao hate it when that happens tubs are looking good!:+1:

5 Likes

Hey Gangā€¦

Great snaps ā€¦Thanks for sharingā€¦:+1:

Questionā€¦

How long does it take everyone to
Colonize their spawn jars? (approx pint)

Iā€™m putting in 3 dime size chunks of populated agar into the spawn jars and giving them a good shakeā€¦Iā€™ve had them in there a good week and each mycelium populated Agar piece is only about a round nickel size in terms of growthā€¦

My procedureā€¦Take grains, soak 14-16 hrs plus in filter water with a little gypsumā€¦put in jars 3/4 full of grainā€¦put
On lid with holes and pore tape, then put a snug piece of tinfoil on lid and snug it
Up around lid with handā€¦pop jars into pressure cooker for 90 min at 15 psiā€¦remove for PC, and put in tote to cool over nightā€¦In still air box, sterilize equipment and cut again from Petri dish into dime size price
Of mycelium populated agar from the leading grow edgeā€¦

Re-seal jar and return to tote with lidā€¦give a little shake and leaveā€¦

I just leave it it a normal room with ambient, non direct sunlightā€¦temp is about 72 Fā€¦Do I need to heat
Or do anything elseā€¦I just get the
Impression my jars are very
Slow Relative to other growersā€¦thoughts? Any tips with Spawn jars?

Again Iā€™m growing Golden Teacher

Thanks again :+1:

4 Likes

Those look potent, how was the trip?

4 Likes

The Journey Continues ā€¦ Ma is strong in this batch. 1 gram (about 2.25 cubes) will bring you home nicely :v: 4 grams is a wonder wall of laughing & crying introspective bliss & awareness.

:

7 Likes

You are good when using agar can take up to 3 wks to colonize so just need patience. Like the tub you gave up on then came back and it was pinning(I think that was you) same idea. Give em time to do their thing. If you did your steps right and it sounds like you did have confidence. Iā€™ve used loaded lcā€™s before that took over eventhough using pints not quarts just give it sometime.:+1:

5 Likes

Albino hillbilly first flush

21 Likes

Nice canopy you have there

6 Likes

Very nice!
Thatā€™s a full box for sure!

4 Likes

Very nice first flush.

3 Likes

Blue meanies getting pretty big. Not a huge flush but huge fruits

13 Likes

Thx for the thoughts again 420Noobā€¦

Yeah, just getting my bearingsā€¦so a little patience is certainly in order on my partā€¦

Cheers

4 Likes

Hey Rustyā€¦

Thanks for sharing your snapshotā€¦

Iā€™ve been looking to give the Blue Meanies a go at some pointā€¦

Would you be willing to trade a spore print? I have either a Golden Teacher print to offer in exchange or perhaps some cannabis beansā€¦

Cheers

Trever

3 Likes

Iā€™m always down to trade for beans. Send me a pm with what kind of beans you got for trade.

3 Likes