Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

Harvesting that first flush

first flush of this Phobos didn’t turn out nearly as well

20 Likes

Hillbillies look great! Ya the Phobos didn’t get that cool blue nipple on a baseball look. Got a couple with the blue spot on cap.

4 Likes

Clusters of magic

17 Likes

Those look sharp. :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

2 Likes

So I’m getting my APEs from MannaFromHeaven tomorrow, I went to WalMart and got a 40qt Gasket Sterlite for SAB, some long rubber gloves, a 12pk of 1pt Mason Jars, 2 Bottles of 70% Iso, 4x 1lb bags of Great Value Long Grain Brown Rice. I’m going to use my Emeril Lagasse Instant Pot to sterilize BR it goes from 80-90kpa so like 11-13psi I know 15 is optimal but I can pressure cook longer. Gotta get pre-made lids from Etsy yet and some Coco Bricks for reptiles. Super pumped to get these going! I’m going to S2B in 7qt Sterlite tubs. How many CCs of LC per 1pt jar? And how many 1pt Jars of Spawn per 7qt tub? Do I need to colonize in complete darkness? Thanks all! :grin::grin::grin:

6 Likes

Please spell out some of these acronyms for a noob like me? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

APE= Albino Penis Envy
SAB= Still Air Box
BR= Brown Rice
CC= Cubic Centimeters
S2B= Spawn to Bulk
KPa= KiloPascals

8 Likes

Much obliged. :wink:

3 Likes

About 1cc of LC is enough per pt, one pt is enough per shoebox if you’re mixing with more coir, but I like to go about 2 parts coir, so I tend to use a qt per shoebox. Careful with the brand of coir you use, some have mold already mixed into the coir since it’s good for plants. Don’t need to colonize in the dark, don’t really need to give it light to fruit either. The fruits grow towards the oxygen, not light.

4 Likes

Look what I found in an old issue of my high times magazine.

10 Likes

Now we have youtube. :sunglasses: :metal: :mushroom: That’s how I fucked my way through it.

2 Likes

Do you have a recommendation for coco brand?

2 Likes

Are you doing pf Tek? If so I’d recommend vermiculite and grinding the br into brf. Or are you running whole rice grains?

2 Likes

Whole Rice Grain, I’ll be using my InstaPot to sterilize. Longer than 90mins being it only goes to like 13psi instead of 15, figured I’d double it to 180mins.

1 Like

Instapot works great for pf Tek I’ve done many times. That’s using brf though. How are you gonna be able to shake your jars? 3 hours in instapot might turn to sticky mess. Idk never tried so I’m guessing you’ve read up on it. Lol happy growing.
Edit: I’ve read on the whole rice :+1:.

2 Likes

You’ll be fine using the instapot, 90-120mins should do it as broke boi tek is just steaming it for 2hrs, so the 13psi is still an improvement. I don’t know if the canna coir has trich, I was just saying to pay attention to the label. I use coir sold for reptiles, if you’re in the US, Petco has a good deal on the 3pk of the bricks, order online or have them price match it at your local store. https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/zoo-med-eco-earth-compressed-coconut-fiber-expandable-substrate-905771

4 Likes

I was looking into this last night and found it really cool

2 Likes

Yeah I decided on Eco Earth, Petsmart has a 3pk of Bricks for $8

2 Likes

I ordered my Jar lid filters and self healing injection ports from Amazon, they will be here tomorrow, once I get those made and the Still Air Box made, I’m good to go!

3 Likes

S.a.b. is a game changer

3 Likes