Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc šŸ„ (Part 1)

Its toastā€¦ Contamination. Big time. Either the swab was contaminated or your sterile procedure needs to be revisited :sweat_smile: I would not open that plate unless you want the spores from that contamination everywhere.

4 Likes

Thanks Iā€™m learning Noob!

4 Likes

too cool! I swear to you tom - ainā€™t no lie I was there with that shaman a month ago - the thunderbirds were circling. Beautiful.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the mean green itā€™s tric get rid of immediately! That shit spreads fast and devistates mushrooms.
@other_barry looking at those seem ligit. Easy to clean and sterilize, compactable so 3-4 probably take up as much space as a full tub. They state immediately if holes or defective let us know we will replace so that would be my biggest issue is holes.
@Thats_bank that plate is beautiful! What I would do now is take minimum 2-3 transfers to clean plates and when the colonize should be clean clean nice clean. If looking at a clock face I would take your transfers from the 10-12 oā€™clock position. Always pick the leading edge and transfer youā€™ll have clean plates ready to make lc, or noc up some jars. Well done!

7 Likes

Question: Any of yaā€™ll use a ozone generator to clean up before starting your work or is that over kill?
Yea I know itā€™s not healthy.

3 Likes

No, too reactive and dangerous. I do run UV, but it is overkill tooā€¦ in school labs all they use is a clean surface and a flame updraft immediately after closing the windows. I use my stoveā€™s burners

7 Likes

Iā€™ve known of a few people who use them for room sterilization and such. Especially if they get an out break or any major contam out comes the ozone machine. I canā€™t speak to anything else except a couple of the people Iā€™ve talked with have used them in certain situations.

5 Likes

Thx 420noob

1 Like

Moldy weed gives lung infection, i wonder what would be the consequences of consuming contaminated shrooms :thinking:

2 Likes

If they are contaminated there is now way you would even attempt to eat them. They get gross slimey mushy turn black and start to for lack of better description melt into black goo. So youā€™d have to be I donā€™t even know what to think of eating them but I get what you are getting at what if my fungus has a fungus type of thing.lol no problem @mrtoast
@BU2B where were you with the shamans? Sounds absolutely Divine!

6 Likes

Newbie here and on my first run. How does she look? image

8 Likes

Looks ok Iā€™d work on proper surface conditions. Your substrate looks a little dry. When spraying hold bottle about 18 in above surface so drops fall. You will notice droplets forming on surface you want the whole surface covered with droplets . You donā€™t want to saturate the substrate but water drops sitting on top evaporate and the evaporation triggers pinning. Looking good so far. I would not increase fresh air exchange fae until the whole surface is completely white that way is nicely colonized and will help with full even canopies. Also since you are noob Iā€™d step away from the big mono tub and use shoeboxes instead. Smaller container easier to control conditions. Also you can have 3-5 separate grows instead of one so if you get contams you donā€™t lose your whole run just one shoebox. Iā€™ve grown bulk numbers using only shoeboxes. @seamonkey84 also sticks to shoeboxes. It is more practical even though seeing a big flush is great it leaves lots of potential disastrous problems. Always go with what works best for you! Just my $.02

8 Likes

It can fuck up the good bacteria in your GI track for months. Had it happen. Fuck everything up for months.

4 Likes

The kids caught a small snake and wanted to keep it so itā€™s in an old aquarium. One of the sticks in there for him to climb on has little mushrooms lol

8 Likes

Not mushrooms, but I found some ghost trumpet flowers while on a walk yesterday. These are albino plants that get their nutrients by tapping into the mycorrhizal network of fungus and trees. They have some medicinal properties but itā€™s tricky to extract and dose. Plus they suffer easily from over harvesting, I left these alone.

8 Likes

Those are cool af!

4 Likes

I never seen those before very interesting. I wouldnā€™t have known what they were if I found them

3 Likes

Modifying my wide mouth pint jar lids now, 1/4" spade bit for self healing injection ports and 1/2" spade bit for filter hole :grin::grin::grin:

7 Likes

Screw the spade bits, I used a normal 17/64" drill bit for both self healing injection ports and filter holes, use drill in REVERSE!!

2 Likes

4 Likes