Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

For those who make a lot of modified lids, I highly recommend getting some Brad point drill bits, punches into the thin metal and cuts clean.

1 Like

Yea I watched a video and Brad points were highly recommended, definitely next time!

1 Like

Sucks I bought these Spades for nothing lol, least it was harbor freight they were only 15 bucks, I’ll use them for woodworking, not that I do alot of that though

1 Like

Gonna get my Whole Grain Brown Rice simmered for 10mins then into my instapot 4 pint jars at a time for 2hrs, I have 10 to get done then I’m going to inoculate with my APE LC from MannaFromHeaven 1cc per each jar

2 Likes

Amazing I’d have to say this most definitely belongs here!

3 Likes

Here are some of my finished jars, I decided on steaming to sterilize, got 7 in the pot now for 2hrs, I loosened lids about 1/3 of a turn, and wrapped lids with foil tightly, I did not flip lids, they should be loose enough to not pressure seal shut. I didn’t make enough brown rice so once the others are about done I will rinse and prep more rice and get these last 3 of 10 steamed for 2 hrs. I plan on inoculating later in the evening.

7 Likes

Got the first 7 jars steamed and rice broken back up, moisture content looks great, last 3 are steaming now!

9 Likes

This fallen tree has become a house for Oysters

The Reishi is moving along - albeit slowly

The Shiitake are doing good, just finished the 5th bag, got around 350g per block and havent stopped eting them for days :partying_face:

The Natalensis have been really hard to get going, but I think I finally have a clean jar of liquid culture, so I have 3 jars of grain the PC right now and they will ll get some Nats LC later today.

This is cool - a Lions mane growing out of the Agar

Got three small tubs of Cambodian on the go, I must leave them alone for at least ten days, the grain looked good when I bulked out to CVG - I shall take a snap when I open it up to take a look to see if they are ready to fruit.

Thanks for all the info as always - loving it
Z

19 Likes

Looking good! That lionsmane is super cool looking on agar. I really wish I liked mushrooms because I love growing them and would love to grow the different edible and gourmet mushrooms. Plus there is so many cool different kinds. I have someone who sent me some colonized grains a while back of mushrooms that eat cigarette butts crazy right. Watch fantastic fungi or how to change your mind both on Netflix but the have Paul Stamets talking and they talk about a variety that the threw on a pile of ocean oil soaked rags and the mushrooms eat up the oil!

3 Likes

11 Likes

Will be innoculating my jars here soon :grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

What tasty big mushy do you have there?

2 Likes

The Florida White f+ grow I aborted after one flush to start my outdoor. I just got around to weighing up the first and only flush.

9 Likes

All jars have been inoculated, fingers crossed, I did the work in an unmodified still air box on my counter, I used plenty of isopropyl, was very diligent in wiping everything multiple times, wish me luck in my first endeavor :mushroom::mushroom::mushroom:

10 Likes

Hey I thought the plan was to not grow mushies in the summer just through the winter?:wink: Lol I don’t have anything working right now but good lc in the fridge it’s killing me. Inside temp was 87° though so makes it interesting to grow especially with 12% rh. Its very fun and addicting but the results are worth it!

6 Likes

Blue Albino?

1 Like

@420noob and @BU2B , it is good ol’ Mazatepec.

2 Likes

It likes to go bigger towards the final flush…

13 Likes

That was my first and last flush in May.

2 Likes

Lol ok was just giving you a bit of a hard time.

2 Likes