Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

A lot of these did indeed take off

14 Likes

Hello fellow fungi lovers! I have a couple of syringes and I am going to buy some bulk popcorn and I pressure cooker and I am going to dive in this week. I am prepared to experience failure on my path of learning but I am eager to learn and I look forward to receiving tips and knowledge from those who know something. I have been positively affected in a major way by the mushrooms and this is a major milestone in my life. I thank you all in advance for your input and knowledge.

4 Likes

Spore syringe to grains(popcorn) has a higher chance of contamination. Pf Tek works better for spore syringe. If going to grain you should look up using agar. It will help make sure you have a clean culture to work with so less contamination. Just my .02. Good luck man.

8 Likes

I agree 100% with what @420noob said. I have tried both Pftek and agar to grains. It was a night and day difference for me.

I really struggled to get more than a few grams from each cake in pftek. It was very frustrating to say the least.

Then I tried agar and oats put in shoeboxes. It was way easier and totally worth the learning curve of agar. It’s not hard at all, you just need to learn what to look for with the growth on the agar. And you only need a single drop out of a syringe on to agar to get going.

Let us know if you need help with getting started in agar. We can walk you through it.

10 Likes

What kind of syringes are you using, and where were they acquired? …Are you just buying empty syringes and filling them on your own, or …??? I buy syringes from premiumspores and they come either as spores that were harvested from a contamination-free growing environment or are from a contamination-free liquid culture – either of which can be applied directly to a substrate without needing to be isolated and cleaned like a contaminated syringe would. If you aren’t starting with a clean culture, then agar plate isolation may be the way to go.

1 Like

Even the most sterile practice can still get contams in spore syringe. Agar is super easy not nearly as intimidating as it seems. It will up your game very quickly. Pf Tek is great to learn about mushrooms and can be broken up and used in bulk grows. The liquid cultures from spore providers are usually clean syringes can be iffy. Our spore sponsor @mushroommanmycology has great gear I’ve used many times. Also if you put @420noob in notes you’ll get more Xtra free syringe on top of the multiple he gives away already. Also shroomery.org is a great source for info.
Proud to be a new sponsor- get some mycology with your botany. Coupon code inside!

8 Likes

The first syringes I got I bought from a vendor, but have since started making my own. I wasnt doing agar around the time I started, but with as much as a game changer it is, I test everything on agar now before using on grain. Even if purchased through a “verified clean” I still would test first.

I only say that because sometimes those places still can get the occasional contamination, and I’m not sure that they would replace your grain even if they were responsible for the dirty syringe. Example. If I bought a pricey boomer bag or already premade/presterilized grain, I wouldn’t wanna risk going straight to it without being safe first.
Also, many vendors will replace a dirty syringe… but only if contam shows on agar. Once used for grain, most wont replace or refund due to the extra sources the contam could’ve come from

5 Likes

@Bugsandnugs if you would like to start working with agar I can send you a spore print to work from. Ime they are easier to learn agar than a syringe.

3 Likes

Take advantage of 420noob’s offer and use their referral code and the overgrow coupon on your order to get at least 3 freebies and 20% off your order with a subtotal of $50 or more.
Can’t beat that, especially for quality samples, customer support and fast shipping.

If your order is $70 after the discount and including taxes and up to $10 of shipping, the order with 420noob’s referral code in the order notes and using overgrow coupon, you would get 4 freebies, 3 of which would be spore syringes. ~$50 of value for free.

If anyone is unsure of how to get the most out of my offers, you can always place an order and we can modify/add to it.

Mush love and thanks for the shoutout my friend! @420noob
Spores are for microscopy/art/collection purposes but I do have plenty of gourmet cultures to grow with ! :mushroom::heart::mushroom:

7 Likes

Oh absolutely! Thank you for offering!

4 Likes

Found some wood blewits, fuck yea.

12 Likes

Can anyone help me out? I’m making some major career changes and wanna wrap my head around it all with a good trip. Used my last 1.4g to make lemon tek tea with some honey as well but I’m apprehensive about tripping real hard. I plan on easing into like a double shot glass worth right now to get my feet wet again after a few years, but can I store what’s left in the jar? If so, how long?

Thanks in advance

6 Likes

I’d probably drink half that jar. That would be .7g? Seems like a nice lower dose that shouldn’t be too extreme.

2 Likes

I might do that then, I know 1.4 isn’t much but I ate a tiny cap of these a while back in an attempt to microdose and it was not a micro dose lol.

Any insight into the storage? Will it keep for any amount of time or is the psilocybin breaking down already having been extracted?

3 Likes

.7 and I would be able to function and move. 1.4 would likely put me in to a comatose like state on the couch with my hoodie pulled over my face.lol

I used goggle to look up storage because I have no idea. The two articles I read said up to two weeks and the other one said up to 24 hrs. So I have no answer for that. Hopefully someone will chime in with an accurate answer.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

2 Likes

Put in freezer

3 Likes

@Uprangewilly @Skyf I’m drinking 1/4 of the jar to see where it puts me and the rest is now in the freezer in hopes it’ll last a couple days for me to completely metabolize what I just took so my tolerance isn’t up for the last 3/4 of the jar.

Appreciate your help folks, lemme know if you want some free seeds for the assist

Also Skyf, I took this pic Friday when I noticed it at work in some succulents, what a “coincidence”!

6 Likes

I have no knowledge of how you’d store it or for how long. I only eat them as is dry or fresh, or mixed in food.

That Praying Mantis is posing for you! I love them, that’s an awesome picture! We usually get a couple here n there hanging out on the back of our garage or shed. They look really neat when they open up their wings/flaps!

3 Likes

Just a random pic in my facebook feed.

10 Likes

,5gr is a good starting dose then 1gr

2 Likes