Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

If I do that I will have open jars. But at 4 days of visible colonization Im happy as I have read it can take up to 2 weeks
This is my first time but I’m following “The Psilocybin Mushroom Bible”
Have 4 needle holes in the tape/foil where spores were injected.
Your comments are very welcomed.

1 Like

For those who haven’t given MMM a shout out you really should give him a try. OG Sponsor with a substantial variety, freebies and a hefty OVERGROW discount. They have samples for study and exotic strains for your culinary taste. Have a look give him a shout out and leave happy :mushroom::sunglasses:

13 Likes

Right on never heard of that but makes sense and should work fine id imagine. More recently most people use the jar lids drill hole in them then use micropore tape to cover the hole for air exchange. Then wrap lid in foil before sterilizing so doesn’t over saturate the substrate. Also can use silicone to make a self healing injection port in the lid so don’t have to expose to more contamination y opening it.
@BU2B you got hooked up nice! @MushroomManMycology is generous with freebies!

8 Likes

Thank you so much for the shoutout my friend! A nice collection to start and even a gourmet for growing… can’t wait to see how everything looks.

I truly appreciate the support from the OG community :slight_smile:
Mush love <3

6 Likes

lucid gates

11 Likes

Those have a very albino penis envy look. Look good though are those nice solid stems?

3 Likes

420 noob.
Spores landed.
@420noob
Thanks mate

2 Likes

Avery’s Albino

17 Likes

Two for Two’s Day. 5 days after inoculation and the MMM is looking zellemazing!

Did I mention that @MushroomManMycology (MMM) has many payment options available; including Zelle? :mushroom::+1:t3:

7 Likes

Cubensis

7 Likes

That’s a nice cluster! What are those wr are looking at?
@ wizdom those look amazing. Idk your mycology experience but do you prefer cutting your mushrooms and leaving the little bit if fruit in the substrate? How many flushes do you get that way? A nice twist and pull of the fruit will twist out of substrate and leave it open and smooth for the next flush. Some people just like to cut em so they are clean and ready. Just wondering if that what you normally do and how it works.:+1:

4 Likes

“Blue honey”
Some grinded
Some whole
5g, 10g, 15g, 20

Hapi growing

10 Likes

So happy to be a sponsor here and help more OG members get their mush on

Can’t wait to hear how your gourmets do and if the spores look magical under the scope :microscope: :mushroom:

Thank you for supporting!!

10 Likes

R.I.P. this guy has done wonders with the research of psychedelics and neruology.

11 Likes

Regards
I have coco bricks buffered with ca and mg.
Until now, I have only used non-buffered media, and I remember reading somewhere that above a certain percentage of magnesium, the medium is not suitable for cubensis. As far as I remember, it was about lime and the casing layer.
Basically, can I use that coco as a substrate?
Thanks

2 Likes

Yes you can. Coir blocks are cheaper and work great compared to bagged coir. Lime isn’t necessary for most cubes some people use for PE varieties.

2 Likes

I have some B+ and Albino Teachers syringes if anyone is interested in a trade.

1 Like

OK thanks
Just to be sure… Because it’s not about how it’s packaged. I used bricks intended as a base for terrariums. With success. But it was not prebuffered with cal mag

So, pre buffered coco, that is normally used for growing cannabis, can be used for cubensis without any problems?

1 Like

Sorry I misunderstood the question. I wouldn’t use coir that is prebuffered myself or would at least rinse it but I can’t guarantee yes or no. Regular coir works fine buffered with cal mag I cannot speak on except for assumptions.🤷

I don’t want to give bad info. Maybe @MushroomManMycology can ring in?

3 Likes

I am not sure. I would think if the levels are not out of this world that a gourmet species like an oyster would do fine. Might be wise to give it a rinse like @420noob said

4 Likes