Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc šŸ„ (Part 1)

Nah, just keep truckingā€¦ It could be 2 weeks to pin and another 3 to finish fruiting with those damn slow things, but youā€™ll love the end resultā€¦ the coir/verm is your helper for the end to fruit

2 Likes

Make or buy injection ports. Think I bought 100 for $6. Or can buy rtv silicone and make them

2 Likes

thanks @toastyjakes! Unfortunately found some green mold/contamination on one of the bins. Physically removed a corner of the cake. Have been encountering this contam alot and have had a bunch of issues. Any ideas what it could be/how to fix?

2 Likes

Walk back through your processes as well as you can with your next run and look at how youā€™re doing it and what you could do differentā€¦ At that point, if the jars colonized with no issues then I would turn to how you put your coir/verm togetherā€¦ (PS I hydrate to field capacity and throw in the oven on 250 for an hour or so and let it cool for a few hours before mixing and putting my tops)

2 Likes

Hard to get great pictures but some serious growth here. Iā€™d say 65-75% colonization here. The entire middle is pretty much solid but just hasnā€™t taken to the edges of the bag yet. Starting to see a little bit of condensation on the bag, is this normal?

5 Likes

Condensation is normal. it wont get any wetter/drier when its sealed like that. Have you shaken/broken up the clumps yet? if not, youā€™ll want to do that soon and then wait for it to become a solid white block before breaking up again and mixing with coco

2 Likes

Yes have mixed 2x now.

2 Likes

Are you buying premade jars or making them yourself? May have missed that

2 Likes

Hey guys. I think Iā€™m to the point where I can inoculate some grain jars. Should I use the syringe to inoculate the grain or what because I have never had success that way.

Is my only option to inoculate a piece of agar and use that to inoculate the grain with??

2 Likes

With agar, IF any contamination happens you can isolate off agar, transfer to another plate then go to grain. That being said, I typically go syringe to grain (but also know the source of LC and donā€™t worry about contamination)

2 Likes

Yep thatā€™s a good idea. Agar will be next. I just never had any luck with directly shooting spores at the grain

2 Likes

Not really sure what issues youā€™ve ran into going straight to grain, but could be an issue with your grain prep or could be an issue with syringe supplier. I personally use popcorn for grain and donā€™t have any issues. Perhaps a change of grain prep or grain as a whole is the issue.

1 Like

I think weā€™re almost there boys

5 Likes

Some more transfers - mainly from the APE liquid culture syringe I bought, and a few more from my chosen genetics, plus using the rest of the plates to noc up 8 jars. Will be the biggest tub iā€™ve done yet so hoping to get some big chonkers

5 Likes

Clean Room is only gonna be for the cooler seasons here.
Because, I donā€™t think that 100Ā°F at times is to optimal.
Guess, my STAB in my post clean room will have to do for a few months till the Temps drop.

4 Likes

Looks great. If I were you iā€™d take off the gloves. What youā€™ve created is a glove box, not a still air box. The gloves will create air current within the box which defeats the point of a still air box (the air doesnt move thus doesnt move around any potential contaminates)

2 Likes

The Gloves are off thereā€™s a pair thatā€™s cut slightly lower than the wrist.
When Iā€™m done cleaning it after doing work I douse another pair of gloves with alcohol and use those to block the holes to minimize any further contamination till the next time I have to pre-clean it to do more work.
Try to keep it as sterile as possible in between jobs.
Also, my lid has weather stripping on it to seal it completely if I so chose to attach whole gloves to the holes.

4 Likes

11 Likes

Oh your a FUN-GI AH?? LOL Ya I was gonna dabble in the mushrooms and then I extracted 20grams of dmt and said ahhhhh Iā€™m alright!! Thought I wanted to trip the fuck out until I tripped the fuck out!! Ended up giving 90% of it away!!:slight_smile: :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Agar to Bird seed and some karo liquid culture.

5 Likes