Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc šŸ„ (Part 1)

I recently switched to Coco in Felt pots inside my tent (Because, I still had a couple of my old plastic pots with potting soil I sandwiched the plastic pots in between the Felt ones.).
Last week these started to appear.

Today, there were more.

Like the universe is trying to tell me the way I should be fruiting.

So, I pulled the pots because I have no idea what they are just that I donā€™t want them to contaminate my place anymore than it is.
Anyone have any idea on what kind of mushrooms they are?
No vail or bruising.

2 Likes

Typical plant pot mushrooms, not really edible, not psychoactiveā€¦ Just means your media and root space is super healthy, enough to pop some fungus, good job!

3 Likes

Wasnā€™t planning on eating them.
But, the next ones that pop up will be edible.
I just figured that the universe decided to give me a poke in a direction.

2 Likes

Lol I figured you werenā€™t but wanted to make sureā€¦ Notice the cracking/splitting capsā€¦ Humidity a bit too low for fungus to thrive but it will definitely try

2 Likes

Yes, humidity is low (Didnā€™t want to risk white mold when I first put the Felt pots in.).
This was the first time I used Coco & Felt pots.
On the first day (That I introduced the pots to the tent.)when I opened the tent to tell them goodnight the humidity was 86% < (Which, was to high for what I was currently doing.).
So, I readjust the air flow.
Now, I donā€™t have to worry about the humidity (Taking a break from current crop.) switching the crop to lettuce (From what I hear, Mushrooms love growing around them.).

3 Likes

10 Likes

Hey everyone, happy Sunday. My PEs finally started to fruit after about 3 weeks. What I believe got me going was tossing a piece of parchment paper on top of cake as casing layer! Definitely a great quick fix!

My question lies with the picture Iā€™m adding, this fruit started to split and really turn blue. I removed some tiny mold spores from right next to base of fruit with a spoon I was dipping in alcohol. Is that why itā€™s doing that? Just wondering!

5 Likes

chonk

7 Likes

My last couple tubs have had weird fruit for me and they donā€™t drop spores.

Did I choose the wrong fruit to clone?

5 Likes

There is either a contam that you canā€™t see or not enough oxygen and fresh air changesā€¦ Looks almost like a trichoderma pushed pinset that never fully grew out but did grow some

4 Likes

I havenā€™t been thru the thread yet, but yā€™all exchanging prints or cultures? I may want to start messing around w some gourmet and medicinal varieties this winter. Wouldnā€™t mind getting set up to then take some stuff like oysters and shiitake outdoors.

Anyone been passing some stuff around that might be able to help me get started? Been 7 or 8 years or longer since I grew any fungus but I thoroughly enjoyed it!

6 Likes

I will start another tote and try to get more air exchange. Iā€™ve been doing un modded tubs and havenā€™t had this problem yet. I just switched to an all black tub because I couldnā€™t stop the side pins and now theyā€™re gone just need the bigger fruits up top.

Thanks for the help!

3 Likes

Well, Hurricane Sally contaminated all my stuff, Prints included when the house flooded.
Then the next night with the winds the house came off its blocks and we had to vacate for the night.
So, the Tweakers got my Seed Archive that I had in my filing cabinet.
Hope, all my brothers here in the Panhandle are safe & contam free.
Think Iā€™ll be done for awhile know. Keep up the good work here brothers & Sisters.
You havenā€™t heard the last from me.

7 Likes

Iā€™m still trying to get prints for you. The last tub didnā€™t even drop spores.

Glad your safe, sorry about the house.

4 Likes

17 days later 2 of them are colonized.

Then a little sand art. 9x13 pan full of coco/verm mix and a half gallon and a quart of spawn.

5 Likes

Iā€™m sure if you read through somebody has offered plates or prints

3 Likes

I got fruits in a jar! Gonna try and still G2G the rest that look ok.

6 Likes

Okay guys. I have been researching here lately and i am about to purchase all the necessary equipement to grow my own mushrooms. Whats the best place to obtain my spores from. Also, I plan on using BFR tek unless someone here steers me otherwise. I plan on getting a pressure cooker and using a SAB during the inoculation process. I have a nice empty closet i can sanitize as well. I plan on being the upmost hygeine while doing it. So really, Im just hoping i can post pics and ask questions along my journey in this thread and get recommendations on the best place to obtain spores. Also, if there is a variety that is more beginner friendly then another i would like those recommendations as well.

5 Likes

do you use reddit? there are a handful of trusted users there who supply spores. I recently got into doing my own and I started with the Uncle Bens tek. super easy. you can google it and the reddit page will come up with a step by step for how to get started.

3 Likes

I will check it out for sure. Im very overwhelmed with the many many varieties available on sporeworks and other sites. Im currently looking at there albino penis envy uncut variety.

3 Likes