Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc šŸ„ (Part 1)

What maybe $20 to make a simple Potato Dextrose or Oatmeal, if that much.
The most costly thing would be a PC.
Iā€™m disabled and on a severely fixed income and I was able to get everything (Except the PC.) without having to save.

2 Likes

Like I said if you want to do it the lazy way & not put the work in, then it is what it is.
Culture (Agar)is easy to make just takes a little time (My first Culture control is still contam free and itā€™s been a few months.) to make the longest part is waiting for the PC to cool down.
Nothing a day of studying canā€™t solve donā€™t let it discourage you itā€™s not as hard as it seems.
And once youā€™ve did a batch the next one gets easier.
Youā€™ll be glad that youā€™ve equipped yourself with that knowledge in the long run.
Especially, with Tissue Culture (Which is an Agar)craze that is starting to hit the Cannabis industry.

3 Likes

Take cap after veil breaks, place on aluminum foil, cover. Wait overnight, remove cover, pull cap off and you have made a spore print to back up genetics

Also, buy premade agar plates. Plenty of places to purchase from and plenty of types available (pda, lme, carbon, plates with antibiotics). Tipofthecapmushrooms is a good place to start. Very knowledgeable regarding agar. Have used him to make agar plates for other hobbies and have not had any issues

4 Likes

Iā€™ve seen them before and had though of using them. Glad to hear youā€™ve had good success with them. Their Liquid culture is a good price also!

1 Like

Is ralphsters spores and the shroomery still around?

2 Likes

The shroomery yes, not sure about ralphsters thoughā€¦ Havenā€™t used them in a few years and Iā€™m not current on shroomery like I used to be

1 Like

Have a buddy using his carbon plates. APE and BMR are throwing ropes like I havenā€™t seen before. Not to be THAT person, but why not make your own lc? Time Iā€™d presume?

2 Likes

I was talking about the varieties like pink oysters and cordyceps, I usually see them for $15. I just made my first LC of karo and water. I still need to test it out on some grains. I started a lot of jars with agar so Iā€™m trying to G2G all of them first before they pin in the jars.

Whatā€™s the BMR?

Have you had the APEā€™s? Are they noticeably more potent. Iā€™m growing Golden Teachers.

2 Likes

The apes i have bought on the black market were noticeably more potent then other variety i have bought.

2 Likes

I may have get some of those to grow.

The nice thing about growing your own is you just eat more! Iā€™ve gotten up to 5g. My buddy ate 10g as we played disc golf Sunday. I couldnā€™t stop laughing and he seemed normal.

2 Likes

Thats crazy. 10 grams? Holy shit. Lol

2 Likes

Yā€™all are giving me the itch for a blast off. Been waaayyyy too long

2 Likes

Im getten down this saturday.

3 Likes

Do it! It does the body good!

3 Likes

Blue magnolia Rust= BMR

I have taken APE, and yes, a bit more intense. Iā€™m currently working a PE swab from DocsDankSeeds. Have been cleaning up agar plates for a bit now. (I take 100% responsibility for the need for so many transfers). I currently have 2 shoeboxes of GT colonizing atm.

Do you have any oyster cultures at the moment?

2 Likes

So many acronyms!

I donā€™t have any oysters, just the cubes.

Mine have gone weird on me. They donā€™t seem to drop spores and weird tops and gills.

Ive been trying to get some more spore prints to pass out but they did this.

3 Likes

I finished reading this thread and some of the sub-threads and growing Mycelium looks like fun. Unfortunately I happen to live in one of the three states that it ā€œillegalā€ to ship psilocybin into. That is after looking at reddit and various internet spores sites. Takes all the potential fun out of it! :smirk: A great refresher though, maybe one day.

2 Likes

I have some APE currently growing in jars from a LC I bought from Ebay. Really hope they turn out legit when I fruit them

1 Like

@Grohio
Iā€™ve had very good luck with spores from SporeWorks (B+ was my best, but regular Golden Teacher also good)

BRF cakes (PFTek?) are the only think Iā€™ve ever done. Cheap. Easy. Reliable. Follow the instructions, and you canā€™t go wrong for small grows.

Shroomery is where I got all my info for getting started (spores, PFTek, shotgun fruiting chambers, etc)

7 Likes

I actually ended up ordering GT and B+ from magicmushroommycology666 under recommendation from another member. They were about half the price of sporeworks. Supose to be arriving today. I plan on doing BRF jars.

8 Likes