Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

11 Likes

full syringes, so many potential trips in there. i just put the coffee on and went to check the tubs and pulled enough B+ to fill two racks on the dehydrator. they didn’t grow as large as i was hoping and the veil broke when they were only around 3-4 inches tall but the canopies are so thick i think ill still get a good weight of this flush. hamiltons pharmicopia?

4 Likes

Plan on inoculating this weekend. And, yes hamailtons pharmicopia. Trying to decide whether to go with GT or B+…

5 Likes

cant go wrong either way. love them both. golden teachers are, in my opinion, the iconic shroom. they still look like what i remember when i was a teenager buying 1/8s of shrooms. how many tubs are you going to do to start?

2 Likes

Well, im doing 6 half pint bfr jars. Havent thought to hard about my fruiting chamber situation yet. I know im gonna have some time to plan that out while i wait on the jars to be full of mycelium.

3 Likes

yeah, you’ll have some time to get everything in order. i do the UB tek and it takes atleast a few weeks for my bags to fully turn white and be ready to go to the tubs. i cant wait for you to be harvesting fruits. im sure you are going to kill it

3 Likes

Thanks. Im looking forward to a new journey of providing my own medicine.

5 Likes

Before you know it, you’ll have dozens of jars filled with mushrooms and no idea what to do with them all. I was shocked at how fast it adds up.

7 Likes

I absolutely know this feeling lmao!

3 Likes

FYI. Years ago, one of my shroom grows was finishing up in early spring. They weren’t huge. And the second flush was barely worth doing. I threw the spent BRF cakes onto the top of my compost (black trash can with holes drilled into sides, and the lid, in the shade behind my shed) with some other kitchen scraps.
2 or 3 weeks later, opened compost to throw in more stuff… and there were GIANT shrooms growing from the cakes.
They must have gotten a burst of nutrients from the compost, and the temp and humidity must have been ideal (warm, rainy, New England spring)

I got a third, unexpected and amazing, harvest.

I’ve often wondered if I could recreate that. Just drop colonized cakes into a compost bucket at the right time of year, and get results without doing any work? No misting, fanning, etc…

4 Likes

I remember in the old shroomery days when I spent a lot of time on there, seeing people who’d get additional flushes outside by doing exactly that- burying in their compost, mulched landscape beds, veggie gardens, etc. So I’d say yes 100% you should be able to recreate.

3 Likes

I throw spent cakes in a big tote with a lid on it and then eventually feed that pile to my worms. I forgot about the spent cake tote for a few weeks and a few days ago I opened it to find three shrooms roughly the length of my forearm. so big I had to snap them in half after drying to fit in a mide mouth quart jar. every once and awhile one or two pop up in one of the worm bins also

4 Likes

This morning’s harvest

21 Likes

Did you know one of the ways they dealt they sped up the cleaning process at Chernobyl was to plant cannabis ?

2 Likes

those look great. whats your dry time/ temp?

2 Likes

These ones I dried for 24 hours at around 40oC in a dehydrator. Came out at about 67g in total. Not bad for a first flush!

3 Likes

Thick canopy. That’s a great first flush

2 Likes

Can I PC old needles and use them for LC? They were from spore syringes I had bought.
Would I just fill them with water and PC; then squirt out the water?

1 Like

My find of the day,

13 Likes

wow nice haul! is there a big difference between the red and yellow amentia muscarias?

3 Likes