Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

Thats a shame because your 2nd and 3rd flushes 90% of the time produce more and bigger fruits.

4 Likes

It does make sense as it is a naturally occurring plant in that area of the world. Mushrooms are also good at soil remediating.

1 Like

Hello guys, I’m coming now and the topic is quite extensive, I will tell you an experience I had with psylocibes cubensis …

I harvested them in cattle manure, washed and dehydrated …
When well dried, I put it inside the honey … In a week, the honey was blue …
One or two spoons was enough to taste the medicine …

I don’t know if anyone has done it or commented …

Hug

3 Likes

I have a Mexican friend who has told me they do that in Mexico.

2 Likes

Thats an old hippy trick to preserve the magic for storage. Blue Ice is great too.

5 Likes

Love making blue honey, such a cool little combo of awesome…

Thinking my pressure cooker is finally finished… al my above jars save for one just has one spot of mycelium… One jar that looks dry has the most mycelium but is whispy, the other three just have one or two spots that have started but they’ve been going for over a month…no visible contams, just a hard stall…

It’s ok though… I ordered a 3lb of grain spawn and a 5lb bag of compost and new spores from a trusted vendor instead of some B-list website I’ve never used cuz they didn’t make me send in a money order or cash lol

Sidenote to the above posts of growing them outdoors, I used to have two methods…spent and contamed trays, cakes, and monotubs in a moderately shaded spot and cover them a little with some ground litter (leaves, some dirt, etc) to keep a semi microclimate… I also used to have an old shotgun fc out there to keep animals and slugs away… Or start some spawn, find a good place, dig a small hole then put compost, spawn, then a little more compost to cover and keep an eye on it…

14 Likes

Ok I would like to try this honey thing. How much dried shrooms? How much honey? Pure natural honey or does it matter? :mushroom: :honeybee:

2 Likes

whatsup man, looking on information on penis envy specific fruiting technique. Namely, getting a second flush, and casing layer info.
My last run I did in lasagna trays went pretty well but the fruiting was tough because the lids didnt allow me alot of air space over the fruit. Also using parchment as a casing layer.

7 Likes

Give your block a 12 hour soak in distilled water. Casing should be a thin layer of 2:1 coir or sphagnum: vermiculite. You need to pasteurize or sterilize your casing material.

About a week to 10 days after your dunk you should startseeing pins again. I generally get 5-6 flushes before a block is spent.

3 Likes

I have a new ad up on reddit. Take a look!!

2 Likes

Hey guys, I want to grow my own mushrooms. What do I need and what do I need to do with it. I got Nepal Chitwan spores ordered, that is all I got so far.

2 Likes

wwwshroomery.org

Everything you need to know can be found on this site.

2 Likes

I liked those nepal chitwan. Really smooth come up on them.

1 Like

Pressure cooker, grain of choice, glass jars, coco and vermiculite for substrate and time

3 Likes

This site saved my life - made me switch to monotub and oat grains.

Specifically check out Bod’s Easy AF guides.

6 Likes

Sometimes they just take a long time… we’re at 10.5 months for these woodlovers…

Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata

Psilocybe serbica

And my subaugenerosa are fully colonized too. I guess I need to go make some outdoor patches in the woods.

6 Likes

Dude, there is no measure, it depends on their potency, you can calculate the portions and try small doses, until you feel safe to go further …

3 Likes

I wasnt really asking about dosage. I meant if I want to mix up a batch and put it in the fridge, than use it when I felt like it. So if say I had 14 grams of shrooms how much honey would I put that in? How long does it sit? Then do you remove the shrooms from the honey and eat the honey? Or do you eat them together? Will any honey do?

3 Likes

Hey @anon93244739 maybe you could tell me how to do the honey thing or elaborate on the blue ice thing?

4 Likes

sorry man… :pray:

1 Like