Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

Nothing to be sorry for. :smiley:

So the blue honey is a super old way to dose.

You need
1/2 oz :mushroom:
2 cups honey
1 qt. canning jar
A pot of simmering water

Make sure your fungi is dry. Beyond dry, put them into a tub with some Damprid or any closet dessicator for a week to get all the moisture out.

Next, grind them as fine as you can, put 1/2c of honey in your jar, your booms, then the rest of they honey. Set that into the pan of simmering water to make a double boiler. Keep temps low and be careful. Give it a stir and let it combine for about 30 minutes. Carefully remove from the boiler, put a lid on and let it sit for a week.

After a week its ready. Consume as is or reheat it and strain out as much particulate as you can. Word of advice, using a paper coffee filter is NOT a good idea. Use a fine mesh strainer. 99% of the fungi will drop to the bottom of the honey as its cooling, so you really end up with a bunch of grossness at the bottom and blue honey above if you don’t strain. That sludge is still active, but pretty gross sticky stuff, so its up to you if you want to consume it.

Dosing is about a gram of fungi per tbs of honey. And will last for over a decade, theoretically.

10 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for the detailed response. Going save it and give it a try down the road. :smiley: :+1:

3 Likes

Blue juice, or blue ice or cold mushroom extraction.

Ultra easy, but it requires fresh :mushroom:.

Chopped up, fresh mushrooms, frozen.
Ice
Strainer
Large bowl or pot

Layer the fresh mushrooms and ice into the strainer, place it on top of your large bowl or pot and put it into the fridge. Once all the ice is melted the liquid at the bottom is ready. It really comes out as dark blue water. Tastes absolutely horrid, but hits extremely quickly.

For dosing, simply divide the amount of liquid by the number of doses of fresh mushrooms you had.

8 Likes

Tincture extraction, or how to do crystals of the gods.

You need
151 everclear
Dry mushrooms or simply mycellium.
Canning jar with lid
Time (which is all we really have anyways)

First dry and grind or crush your fungi into a powder. Add enough everclear to cover. Put it the lid on and put it into a cupboard for about a week. Decant this through a coffee filter, you can discard your mushroom material, 99% has been extracted into the alcohol. Allow it to slowly evaporate, you will start seeing fine white crystals forming after a few days. Paul stamets labeled these as crystals of the gods. What your seeing is crystalline psilocybin and psilocin. The shelf life on them is very, very short, im talking a few days at most.

So now you have this evaporated everclear with crystals in it and no shelf life, you ask what should I do now? Take a vitamin c tablet and powder it, add it into this concoction to prevent oxidization and preserve it for up to a month.

Obviously your going to have to do math for dosage. Take your final volume of everclear and divide by number of grams to figure out your dosing.

Note:

This tastes like porcini powder, like concentrated mushroom and its extremely bitter, but mixed into a coke you barely taste it.

So I mentioned that you can extract from mycellium. In the 1950’s the first commercial psilocybin labs at companies like sandoz were following this method, but they were using ps. mexicana mycellium being grown in a liquid culture, filtering out the mycellium, then extracting it using alcohol. This was before they were illegal, and when they were first being studied in the US. I happened across a patent from (I think) 1948 which outlined this process, then I found a paper from Hungarian researchers in the 50’s that tried different proofs of alcohol for extraction, they found over 95% extraction was accomplished using 150 proof alcohol, and that extraction decreased by either increasing or decreasing the proof, IE 151 proof is the best alcohol we can easily get to use.

7 Likes

Psilohuasca

Did you know that psilocybin can be potentiated?

Its an amine, much like DMT, so you can have an almost ayahuasca experience. Personally I like it even better than aya. It lasts longer and takes you on an almost identical journey.

Danger and disclaimer

Mixing maoi’s and ssri’s is deadly. Do not do this if you take either!!!

Its done by using an rMAOI. A half hour before you plan to eat your fungi, take 4 passion flower herbal supplements (I use the 750mg ones, so 3 grams of passion flower) . It has a natural mono-amine oxidase inhibitor, this will give your trip a very dreamy feel, very gentle. It will also add about 50% to the duration of the effects. Other maois also work.

You can buy harmine and harmaline extracts on ebay (or go full spectrum and get syrian rue extract, this will have tetrahydroharmine in it too). The dosage is extremely small though so you need a milligram scale. Im talking 120mg plus 3.5 grams of fungi will hit you like you ate 7 grams and last for 6-8 hours.

11 Likes

Wow! Thanks for taking the time to do this. Very interesting.

4 Likes

This is amazing…

4 Likes

I have spent the last 20+ years studying hallucinogenic mushrooms and delving deep into the actual chemistry of them. I’ve consumed doses that people don’t believe and been to places in the mind that echo in their volume.

I will say that mushrooms aren’t toys, they can make you see, think and feel the most profound things. Some people enjoy it, and some people don’t like having their psyche crushed into a quivering paste (like I do).

I really feel like I have experienced about everything fungi have to offer, thats why I’m growing cacti now. Thats the only major hallucinogen I havent done. In a year or 2 I will change that though.

15 Likes

@sct2020 Cacti are great, I actually enjoy the experience more than fungi. Are you planning on extracting or making tea from em? I definitely recommend extracting solely for physical comfort. Nausea and whatnot isn’t as bad for most people with the extraction as opposed to a tea. Amazing how well they grow in good conditions, most people think they are super slow growers. I bought a San Pedro from Home Depot 2 summers ago at maybe 6” tall if that. It is well over 4’ at this point. Growing in my supersoil mix and gets moved between the veg tent and in front of a window in the office depending on how packed the tent is. I top dress it lightly every 6 months or so and give it KNF inputs every month or 2. Definitely need to get some more growing up in here

7 Likes

Yeah, I’ll do an A2B style extraction, turn it into mescaline HCl then polish it with MEK, do an A2B again and drop it out as fumurate.

I already have the supplies from extracting DMT.

6 Likes

I do a mix of 50% roots organic, 25% perlite and 25% gravel. I found that they don’t like full sun as much as lightly filtered

4 Likes

Exactly. Whenever I want to try something and don’t know where to get it I just end up making it for myself. I like A2B but sometimes I go for S2B just to save a step. Best of luck on that road. You obviously seem to have a good handle on what you’re doing, but if you ever want to run anything by somebody else with experience in it feel free to hit me up​:v::green_heart::bulb:

3 Likes

Yeah when the cactus is in the tent it’s always way over in a corner so it’s not getting the most direct light, the plants used to filter a lot of its light too but now it’s often taller then they get in the veg tent. It’s time to chop it and root the sections in new pots

3 Likes

It’s been on my bucket list since I was like 15. I just turned 39 and never had the opportunity, so I figured I have to do it myself if its going to happen. Just like aya.

2 Likes

I have coir and vermiculite but I feel like it would just colonize if I add it on top.

1 Like

I do 2:1 coir to verm

If you case before colonization, it will colonize, and you will see some mycellium growing on it, but it has no nutrients in it.

Think of it as it is creating a loose, fluffy layer thats trapping the really humid air thats evaporating off creating the micro-environment needed to produce a better pin set and get bigger, more uniform flushes.

I’ve fruited many tubs with and without casing.

2 Likes

You could create a topic to follow this adventure …
I already had an experience with São Pedro, but I don’t think they knew how to prepare …
I still don’t produce mushrooms, but I will review this soon …
Now that I found this topic …

Hug

2 Likes

I started one a few days ago

https://overgrow.com/t/sacred-cacti-anyone/46674?u=sct2020

I’d love to hear and learn about your experiences.

5 Likes

I can’t access it, says it’s a private page …

1 Like