Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc šŸ„ (Part 1)

Ooooh, your trust level is still too low. Yeah, I forgot I started that in the private lounge

2 Likes

Try it again, I moved it to indoor growing

3 Likes

It has been working without casing/and or my parchment paper casing layer but was hoping to get better fruits. How long after you crack/birth/open your bin/tub/container to you add the casing layer?
And for the basic strains like Golden Teacher and B+ it seemed like I absolutely did not need one.
Thanks for the information! Think this is valuable for the rest of the community as well!

1 Like

@anon93244739 you my friend are officially the dark lord of mycology.

5 Likes

I fruited without casing for years, it works, but you get a better, more even pinsetwhen yourself casing. Basically wait until your substrate is fully colonized, then sprinkle your casing evenly over it. In about a week you will notice your pins pushing up through the casing material.

Lol, Iā€™ll wear that mantle, though I like to think of myself as a psychonaut, exploring the depths of the mind.

4 Likes

Last question for now I promise!
What if I had open cakes on metal racks for maximum surface area, how would I pin in that scenario? Would I need some sort of container/plastic liner no matter what? Would the PEā€™s even pin out the bottom of the cake+rack?

1 Like

They will. Its going to be a royal pain to pick and keep them humid though. Iā€™ve elevated blocks on inverted plastic cups and had them fruit on all sides at onceā€¦

It was APE. I cant find the pics. I had a phone die and lost like 4 months of assorted pics on it.

1 Like

Okay makes sense, but those blocks you had on cups for example, they had casing layer on the top? Obviously cant have casing on the sides and bottom

1 Like

Nope. Did that uncased. I was just playing around. Trust me, its more pain than its worth.

3 Likes

Youre saying the casing layer in general is more pain than its worth? Or trying to isolate the cakes is more pain than its worth?

1 Like

Trying to elevate and fruit all sides. Just stick to proven teks until you grow for a while, then start playing. RogerRabbit once fruited them on a bible.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15128925

5 Likes

And an ounce of weed, a bra, cased trays with moneyā€¦ That man can grow on anything

3 Likes

Seriously. Thats why he is legend

3 Likes

OK So I wasnā€™t too far off. :grin::wink:

Blessingsā€¦

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

1 Like

Ahh ok, thats what I figured. Learning as I go only about a year in. I honestly dont even use the fruits, just really enjoy the hobby (: tossed some moldy cakes in a corner of the backyard last year and got at least 3 ounces dry after it was all said and done!

That bible grow thoughā€¦I would love to try something like that. Im into old books and collectiblesā€¦

1 Like

How Iā€™m looking so farā€¦ Not long nowā€¦

6 Likes

Once the whole thing is fuzzy white your ready to mix into your substrate.

2 Likes

Lol yea I knowā€¦ but as I said think Iā€™m in the need for a new PCā€¦ Bit this jar has chugged along lol the bag is a week of growth so far and I dig it ā€¦

Canā€™t wait to get them in the fc and get them goingā€¦ Mixing the bag with this north spore ā€œboomer bagā€ and doing a few trays and a mini monoā€¦ Get me stocked up so I can get back on my microdosing regimenā€¦

4 Likes

My multi strainsā€¦potent as a mofo ā€¦ .5 gram will get a 300 pound person on an intense trip for 5+ hours bromigos.

8 Likes

So you need to stop saying that about your dosage. There are 0 mushroom species that .05 of a gram will make you have an effect. Thats sub microdosing levels. This is blatantly false. Especially since those are cubensis. And not even APE, KAPE, penis uncut, or any of the other PE derived strains which are actually mutants and more potent than a standard cubensis.

The only interesting one you have is the transkeii since its the only African cubensis

3 Likes